Page 687 of 782 FirstFirst ... 187587637677683684685686687688689690691697737 ... LastLast
Results 10,291 to 10,305 of 11718

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    The tail is not it’s weakness. This transformation is internal, a combination of Promethean and the unknown wolf DNA. It means Haru can change whenever he wishes.

Meanwhile, Jack is powering up a massive attack in his one hand.

“Aiming to take out his eyes. Much obliged if you all offer a distraction.”
    "Distraction?!" Sasheem exclaimed, as the melted caramel had begun to do it's job. "Sasheem does not act as a distracti-"

Haru roars but the candy does slow him down some, though the Venom he seems resistant to now.

He does manage to almost bite Sasheem though.
    The Majin instinctively doubled back, granting the Saiyan hybrid a withering look.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Unlike the Oozaru form, Haru's tail was not a weakness. The transformation was, rather, a result of his Promethean and wolf genes. Disconcerting, but not insurmountable. What an curious creature, she thought to herself.

An amalgamation of three different races; a combination of concordant genetics that meshed together, rather than conflicted. Each side of him complimented the other. The best of all words, with none of the weaknesses. At least as far as she could tell. The Doctor was far more insidious than she realized. If a creature like this could be made, how many more like him were there?

'It's transformation is internal,' she reported to the others. 'A combination of its Promethean and wolf DNA. If anyone has anything that can disrupt that, now's the time.'

Jack asked for a distraction. Parsley nodded and flew up until she was in Haru's face. 'Look away!' A white ball of energy formed in her hand, Corona Flash, then exploded in a brilliantly blinding flash of light, right in Haru's line of sight.

OOC: Nullification: -80%
    Grumbling, Sasheem covered his eyes, half hoping whatever plan the human was attempting would fail miserably. Partly because he wanted to finish this mutt off himself. And partly because Jack dying again would just be extremely hilarious.

Retired Overlord

Glacia grunts as her energy dips slightly, but her power is almost all from the endless energy source within her cybernetic heart. Vitalmancy won’t really work on it.
    Glacia, wounded as she was, was still swift enough to avoid each strike. Growling at her wounds, she leaps back and flings a hand out in a ln arc, sending out a barrage of several half moon ki blades at those gathered near her in an attempt to cut them apart.
    Laughter, hollow but for its malice, lifted in song from the lips of one former mage turned monster....or perhaps the suffering had merely cracked the mask enough for the darkness to seep. It was not Etrina who tasted the life of another that day, but vengeance wearing her skin...the sting of loss, the pain of helplessness....both foreshadowed the fall in another time and place and as the wheel of time spins, so they do so again.

...and with that sweet sip of the soul, the monster mocked her enemy, channeling its power to heal the wound she had taken.

Glacias retaliation was swift....and predictable. A beast could only ever fight or run, and no matter how stupid the beast....they knew when they were cornered. So she fought.

....and the mage laughed, her body shifting to one side, then the other. Slipping out of the way of her attacks at the last second....not out of difficulty, but out of pure spite. It was a show, a demonstration of power born only to mock, an offer of fleeting hope to snuff out at the last moment. She wanted her to suffer, and relished in it.

"......Hufufufu.....You poor thing......What hurts more, your body or your pride......" Etrina flash steps, appearing a short distance behind her and immediately focusing the most powerful of her magic. ".......I was a little busy the first time it happened....but you let out the most adorable scream.....let me hear it again?" Etrina flash stepped again, arriving at another vantage point above her and channeling her temporal manipulation magic onto her body. Her healing stopped functioning as time itself closed its grip on her body....freezing it in its condition and then, reversing.

The wounds that had opened when Ishtar had ripped the katchin from her body tore themselves open in reverse...as if the katchin was being forcefully reinserted, only much slower then the quick pull the oni had preformed. Time kept the wounds from re-healing, but did not prevent the blood from pouring out.

But the monster didn't stop there. She reached further into her, further back in time......every incision, every cybernetic part the doctor had blessed her with was another point of time she could attack. Incisions that had been made and healer were made anew, everything that had been worked on by the doctor was now reworked in reverse.....but with nothing to block the pain and nothing to heal the damage.

Her magic gripped the cybernetic heart, and in the very same way the doctor had put it together....she ripped it apart.

And she does so. On the defensive he gets pushed back and back, until he’s mere feet from the edge.
    As soon as it seems inevitable that he would be ringed-out, Meagan stops her attack and goes invisible. Spidus would find that, not only is she gone from sight, all traces of her energy, including psychic seem to have vanished.

That is, until 7 identical Meagan's surround him. Are any of them them the real Meg Luna? Are any of them real at all? They seem to be waiting to see what he does next.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Astonishing Member

“We got wind this Incenio has been....well, taking things. And people. For what, we don’t know. But we were trying to find out and the tournamnet iffered the best chance to get close.”
    "Well, that's interesting and all..." Held said, rubbing his chin, his thoughts concealed from the mercenary, "But do you have any proof? Normally I'd quibble over price with you, assuming you were being truthful, but I suppose such things can work themselves out, no?"

When Chris spoke, it was music to the ears of The Nevadian.

Held had felt somewhat conflicted about several things; He had no issue gambling, drinking, betting, and watching warriors do battle. That had been his standard operating procedure for what seemed like an eternity. He did, however, feel somewhat reluctant in what he would be forced to do if his comrades failed to win their competitions. The Nexus Gem was far too important to their goals--To the universe itself--to simply allow the winner to to walk away gracefully with gem in tow, to say nothing of what could occur if it fell into wrong hands.

Incenio was most likely shady--As most in his position were--but that would not have given Held the right to to simply run amok, stealing from the Acrosian one of his most priceless treasures, especially without proof. Held Debon was not a mere bandit, but the universe was at stake. If, for some reason, he was forced to sully his name for the fate of the universe, if all the might of the warriors of his universe failed, if all the schemes and wits of his compatriots came up short...

Well, it would be shameful, but Held would complete his mandate.

But, if Incenio were beyond a doubt corrupt, a kidnapper, or a thief, or a murderer? Well, one couldn't go very far as a privateer, if they weren't really to let those who acted without honor reap what they sow, could they? There was no shame in liberating what had been stolen, in the eyes of the Nevadian. It was practically his duty, by most standards!

Still...Incenio might not be trustworthy, but is Chris, or whoever he's working for?

The Nevadian focused the power of his Shingan upon the mercenary, attempting to ascertain if he could be trusted, or at the very least, was truthful in this instance.

"...Nonetheless, I suppose it wouldn't hurt to take a look around. I was planning to do so anyways, afterall."
    Last edited by Miburo; 03-11-2019 at 08:18 PM.

This transformed Haru seems immune to the poison.
    " Okay my poison doesn't seem to have any effect so it's time for Plan B! Time for Induction Heating ! Induction heating is a process of heating an electrically conducting object by electromagnetic induction, and the best feature of that the heat is generate inside the object itself. In other words I'm going to fry that giant mutt from the inside out!" If this giant mutt is like any carbon base life form than he has large percent of water in him. Pure water doesn't conduct electricity but Salt Water does, and carbon Base life forms just happen to contain salt in them! " Praxat said over the telepathic link.

Praxat uses Thunder Tongue barrage and it seems like she's just striking at the air aimlessly but in reality she's doing something else creating a electromagnetic field. Normally air isn't very conductive but contaminants add to air such as poison would boost the conductivity.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Althena reveals herself to Chris the Knife as she turns off her camouflage. " Held I can that see that Blizzar is doing something with Incenio by looking though his eyes . I know you're wonder Held why I didn't just busted out of this Cell myself and take out those two guards or take them out before they even put me in here , Well it's because it goes against my principles. there's two guards were just doing their jobs I saw no reason to attack them , I will not give in to the greatest of the four poisons of Mahtoesa Hetto no Hwe-Atkam , wrath!

Althena uses her tongue to grab her pendant from her pocket and puts it around her almost non existing neck. " Now I have something to tell you Chris the Knife if you try any funny business I will be force to confront you. So can you and your group be trusted or is my selflessness going to be taking for granted?" Althena said.

with a quick examination it's obvious that Althena's has a more sturdy build than Toadian fighter Toadil , and underneath her robe she is visually muscular with not much body fat . It's obvious she has want is called a mesomorph body type. Unlike Toadil's claw like fingers Althena's have suction pads on them and they are not webbed. her feet have are webbed , also have suction pads and dull claws.

other thing is that her mouth is filled with rows of razor sharp teeth that are clearly visible. Then there is her platinum color skin with golden spots and her silver eyes with star shape pupils. What she is wearing underneath her robe is a purple spandex that matches the color scheme of her body.

By looking at Althena's hands and feet it's clearly that she's adapted to living in a swamp with a dense forest having hands design for climbing , and feet design for swimming , climbing and digging.
    OOC: In case this was missed .

OOC 2: a little time rewind.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 03-11-2019 at 08:51 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Althena reveals herself to Chris the Knife as she turns off her camouflage. " Held I can that see that Blizzar is doing something with Incenio by looking though his eyes . I know you're wonder Held why I didn't just busted out of this Cell myself and take out those two guards or take them out before they even put me in here , Well it's because it goes against my principles. there's two guards were just doing their jobs I saw no reason to attack them , I will not give in to the greatest of the four poisons of Mahtoesa Hetto no Hwe-Atkam , wrath!

Althena uses her tongue to grab her pendant from her pocket and puts it around her almost non existing neck. " Now I have something to tell you Chris the Knife if you try any funny business I will be force to confront you. So can you and your group be trusted or is my selflessness going to be taking for granted?" Althena said.

with a quick examination it's obvious that Althena's has a more sturdy build than Toadian fighter Toadil , and underneath her robe she is visually muscular with not much body fat . It's obvious she has want is called a mesomorph body type. Unlike Toadil's claw like fingers Althena's have suction pads on them and they are not webbed. her feet have are webbed , also have suction pads and dull claws.

other thing is that her mouth is filled with rows of razor sharp teeth that are clearly visible. Then there is her platinum color skin with golden spots and her silver eyes with star shape pupils. What she is wearing underneath her robe is a purple spandex that matches the color scheme of her body.

By looking at Althena's hands and feet it's clearly that she's adapted to living in a swamp with a dense forest having hands design for climbing , and feet design for swimming , climbing and digging.
    "To each his own, I suppose." Held said with a laugh, "I was just hoping you didn't get worked up and make a mess before I got down here. I guess I had nothing to worry about, and Chris saved me the trouble."

Absently, the Nevadian wondered if the Toadian would have been better off putting her pendant on a belt, as her necklace seemed to stay on where he neck should have been by some sort of magic. He considered politely suggesting it, making mention of his own unicorn buckle and how it stayed secure at all times, but thought better of it.

"And play nice Athena." He continued, rubbing his head with a nervous smile as she laid down the law with her would be rescuer, "there's no need to be so direct about having to face off if he's up to something. If Chris is half as professional as he seems to be, I like to think he knows people don't like to be used as pawns in other peoples games."

Well, not unless there is something in return.

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    "To each his own, I suppose." Held said with a laugh, "I was just hoping you didn't get worked up and make a mess before I got down here. I guess I had nothing to worry about, and Chris saved me the trouble."

Absently, the Nevadian wondered if the Toadian would have been better off putting her pendant on a belt, as her necklace seemed to stay on where he neck should have been by some sort of magic. He considered politely suggesting it, making mention of his own unicorn buckle and how it stayed secure at all times, but thought better of it.

"And play nice Athena." He continued, rubbing his head with a nervous smile as she laid down the law with her would be rescuer, "there's no need to be so direct about having to face off if he's up to something. If Chris is half as professional as he seems to be, I like to think he knows people don't like to be used as pawns in other peoples games."

Well, not unless there is something in return.
    " I been thinking about my this necklace that my descendant Qaztoh made for me. Just how in the world does it stay on ? Is there some sort of magic involved cause it seems like it shouldn't stay on since my neck is so short it might as well not have one. Chris I will choose to trust you for now, so forget what I said earlier. "
    My Forum check it out

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Default Well of Despair I

It had been nearly two weeks since the Mass Resurrection – the name that the media coined in reference to the resurrection of the Turripian Saiyans – and the last time Queen Sarada had been in contact with Vocado. Ever since she passed through the portal with Held, neither of them had been seen or heard from again. Even the Nevadian's ship left in the direction of Earth earlier today, proving that he was on the faraway planet.

The palace was getting nervous. Sarada had been gone for far longer than this before, but not since she took the throne.

It was a subject that had been discussed at length for days on end by the remaining council. For each day that Sarada's seat at the discussion table remained unused, the more concerned they grew that something had befallen their young monarch.

With each day that passed, the more worried Lady Maiz grew. In her case, it wasn't just Sarada who was missing. Prince Pinach and Rutaba had also not called or checked in in the same amount of time. Curiously, they left only a day before Sarada was healed of her grievous sickness, for Earth. There was something about that damned planet that not only attracted her young wards, but kept them away from her for extended periods of time.

Her clairvoyency couldn't reach that far yet, so she had no way of knowing what was going on. This is killing me, she lamented inwardly. Even the peaceful solitude atop Mt. Oozaru, hidden within her guardian sanctuary, her thoughts could not focus on the millions of people under her watch. There were times when she wished Sarada was more demure and resigned, even if she knew well that such traits were rarely found in any Saiyan. There were times that she wished Sarada wasn't bound to Ishtar, even if such a bond was the crux of the reason for her sudden and noticeable maturity. The Oni was in some sort of distress, and that attracted her to Earth.

Now, they were both stuck there, for one reason or the other.

Maix sighed and stepped outside onto the balcony. The eastern hemisphere laid before her. Ceripa Town, Caulifla, and Sandala, all ripe with life and laughter. Behind her, Kakarot City, New Vegeta City, and Broly City were much the same. Still, concern over the missing Queen and her brother and cousin gripped the planet. Murmurs of her running away with Ishtar grew louder with each passing day. She doubted it; after all she had been through to gain the respect of her peers, why abandon the home she loved so much?

Such questions had no answer she could discern. Perhaps that bothered her the most; not knowing what was going on killed her far more than them being missing.

“Lady Maiz?” came a voice from above.

Maiz looked up and found two men descending. They landed at the very edge of the balcony, twenty or so feet away from where she was sitting. “Yes?”

“Hi, I'm Teeb,” one greeted.

“And I'm Otamot III. We're both from Turrip.”

Otamot was a familiar name. His grandfather, Otamot I, was the engineer who designed the six cities' amelioration. Before, the cities were built with average materials such as brick, wood, metals, and other such things. While that was fine, even the smallest skirmish within city limits would lead to widespread destruction. Billions of credits were dumped toward city restoration yearly. It was a waste of money and time that was eventually rectified when Otamot invented aerometal, a material capable of reflecting ki vibrations. In addition, every structure was equipped with geometric bearings, foundation devices that evenly dispersed vibrations from shockwaves to keep them from disrupting building integrity.

The cities were reformed with these inventions over 600 years ago, and not one building had been destroyed. Eventually, the streets were paved using aerophalt and regular glass was replaced with aeroglass. Saiyan cities on Vocado were nearly indestructible. Only the most devastating of power could topple them; needless to say, most Saiyans weren't a danger to society.

If Otamot III was from Turrip, then those uncanny engineering and inventive tendencies were in his blood. “How are your people coping?”

She had never been through it, but sudden resurrections were as jarring as the sudden deaths that warranted them. The utter and complete pandemonium that gripped Kakarot City nearly two weeks ago was only a glimpse into their panicked and manic mind-frames.

Teeb sighed heavily and sat down cross-legged. “Not well. My son keeps have nightmares from when the Tuffles managed to break through the shield. It was only him and his younger sister out of the four of us.”

Maiz didn't need to hear any more after that. Even if no footage existed from that attack, she had seen that scene enough times to know exactly the kind of face those children were making.

Quote Originally Posted by Over 60 years ago
    Death and destruction was rampant as far as the eye could see. Unbeatable fires raged at every corner. No matter where one turned, a person was either dead or taking their last breaths. Maiz looked at them all coldly. “Hmph. Weaklings. How pathetic,” she spat with a sinister grin.

A soft whimper attracted her attention. When she turned toward the source of the noise, she found a pair of small children trying to hide inside of a badly burned bush. When they noticed her, they quickly crawled out and tried to run away.

Maiz was in front of them in an instant. Her sneer still in place, she slapped the smaller boy so hard, his head whirled around with enough force to snap his neck.

The older boy shrieked with agony and sorrow, but his screams were cut short when she unleashed a blast right in his face.
    Maiz sighed heavily. She had done so many terrible things in the past; sometimes it felt like no matter what she did, she would never be able to atone for her sins.

“I'd suggest therapy. For all of you.” She could alleviate their pain, make it go away. She was pretty sure that was within her capabilities; but emotional strength and mental fortitude was attained through growth. A shortcut – while easier – was not growth. It only robbed a person of the strength gained through working through problems and exorcising trauma the natural way. “Perhaps not with a professional therapist, but a listening ear of some kind will also help. It's not good to keep those terrible feelings bottled up inside. They can lead to anger issues, violence, and suicide.”

Teeb grimaced, but nodded. “You're right, Milady. I'm fortunate. I died during the initial attack, so I don't have any nightmares. I'll be the ear my children need. Thank you.”

She nodded, then turned to Otamot. “And you? How are you faring?”

“Well enough, I suppose,” he murmured. It seemed he was only there to support Teeb. Despite what she said, he had no intention on even acknowledging that he needed to talk about what was on his mind. Some habits died hard, it seemed.

“Very well. I'm here if you or anyone else need anything.”

“Thanks, Lady Maiz.” With that, they both stood and left. Moments later, Maiz herself left.

Vocado had six cities, but it also had a lot of smaller, unofficial towns. Most of these towns didn't have more than a thousand or so people, and rarely had more than a store, a restaurant or two, and a few other things like libraries and parks.

One such town was the notorious Meat Market.

There wasn't an official name. The name Meat Market was derived from the offensive insult Saiyans used for anyone they deemed to be too weak to worth their attention, 'meat'. The story had been told over and over, to the point that everyone knew of it. The Meat Market was where slaves were kept. It was a lawless den of misery and despair. People were killed, children had their innocence taken, hope was stomped out and replaced with complacency with the mediocrity that passed for affluence in that place.

This place hadn't been renovated in 33 years. The buildings were rotting and deteriorating. The people lived in poverty and squalor. There was little doubt as to why there were more than a few who resorted to petty crimes to get ahead in life. The gates to the Meat Market served as a glass ceiling. It was next to impossible for anyone born here to escape.

Literally, the only way was to train. A power level of 100 was a ticket to freedom. Still, it was all moot. When slavery was still up and running, for every child that escaped, three more took their place. It was a toxic, never-ending cycle. It wasn't until Mato had had enough that it finally did end. Despite slaves being liberated and slavery coming to a permanent end, the consequences remained.

Perhaps it was shortsightedness or naivete, but Mato had no plan to improve the living conditions here. Or, perhaps he didn't have enough time. Regardless, the people felt trapped in the same never-ending cycle of nihilistic despair that they suffered in years past.

Just walking around and taking in her surroundings, Maiz could see that these people still had no hope. Something needed to be change. A lot needed to be changed. Simply giving them better, nicer looking homes to sleep in at night wouldn't solve the crux of the issue. This place was a blackhole of happiness and joy. There was no mirth to be found. The entire culture of this place needed to be stripped down to the barest bones, then rebuilt from the ground up. From nothing, the potential was there. She only hoped Sarada was willing to put in the work to help these people.

It was the middle of the afternoon, but the streets were devoid of life. Either they sensed her coming, or there was something going on that no one wanted any part of. There was no telling, but she wasn't concerned either way.

The architecture was wholly foreign to the rest of the planet. It was bizarre. It was like she stepped through a time portal into the past.

“...SOMEONE HELP!”
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Default Well of Despair II

Maiz's head jerked up when she heard the desperate cry. It came from a nearby ally, one that was ominously devoid of light. Her eyes narrowed as she stepped forward. The closer she got, the louder the sounds of a scuffle grew. “STOP!”

“Go go!” Two boys erupted out of the ally, running at full speed down the street.

“Stop.” Supreme power and authority radiated through the single word. Though spoken softly, it thundered through the empty street, piercing the two boys down to the marrow. They stopped on a dime – whether through outward compulsion or simply because she said so, she wasn't sure.

She stepped toward them and held out her hand. One of the boys shakily placed a satchel in it. “What do you think you're doing?”

Her hand shot out and gave the bloodied and incensed woman they had just robbed her bag back.

“We... we needed money,” one of them mumbled.

“We're hungry and our dad has no money for food,” the other – his brother, evidently – added. “We're sorry, lady.”

She growled and stormed away. “Assholes.”

It was as she suspected. This place had left its denizens with little choice but to cannibalize each other for their own gain. There was no helping their fellow Saiyan in a place like this.

“Why aren't you two in school?” she asked, knowing full well why they weren't.

They both shrugged in unison. “Iono. We can't afford it.”

Like she thought. At least at one of the academies, they could get two meals a day and only had to worry about dinner. She sighed and reached into her robes, then handed them a paper bill. “That's a voucher for Beetz Bar-B-Q. Buy everything you and your families need. We'll work on getting you into school.”

One of the boys took the voucher with reverence, as if it was solution to all their family's woes and problems. “Thanks! And we can go to school too?”

“Yes.” Despite their actions, their youthful exuberance brought a smile to her face.

The boys took the air, flying at speed toward the restaurant so they could get themselves and their family something to eat for the day. They were gaunt, so they obviously hadn't eaten in a few days. There's so much for us to do, she realized. Sarada was so concerned about Earth that she continued to neglect her own world.

One couldn't serve two masters. Either they would see about the one and ignore the other, or concern themselves with the other and neglect the one. Splitting her attention between the interests of two different planets with light years separating them would only lead to the detriment of them both. Or rather this one.

Maiz left herself. She had seen enough for the day. Soon, she would return and assess the state of the rest of the Meat Market, but she didn't had any illusions that there would be any difference.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Default To Save Erosa, Pt. 1

The void attack harms her somewhat it seems. Definite damage showing and the healing is slower than usual.
    There had been some thought -- thanks in no small part to Ishtar's anger -- to attempting to draw from the now unsealed wellspring of Hakai given the situation, yet when she saw the damage inflicted by the Void, and how it slowed down the healing process; she found herself relieved that such would remain unnecessary.

So with a smirk, and a repositioning, Ishtar opened up with yet another torrential blast, and sought to stymie Glacia's ability to recover from injury.

Glacia grunts as her energy dips slightly, but her power is almost all from the endless energy source within her cybernetic heart. Vitalmancy won’t really work on it.
    Yet when the much changed Etrina returned to offer a renewed assault, there came a flicker of concern.

The girl was far stronger than she had been some moments before after all, and her Vitalmancy -- for certainly that was what that charnel scent in her nostrils, was -- as a result was far stronger, as well. Yet despite this, when the tendrils of Vitalmancy burrowed into Glacia's energy ... it barely did more than flicker, before something in the Hybrid's chest allowed her energy to stabilize.

Realizing, then that so long as she could not be sapped of strength, that this battle would be ultimately futile the Oni changed tack.

So with a grunt, and a short charge-up, Ishtar flickered out of existence, reappearing not a heartbeat later to rake her Katchin claws across Glacia's chest, seeding the wounds however slight -- and more importantly, before recovery set in -- with several small, and darkling Void Embers, before leaping back.

And the small spheres of antithetical matter set about their task with fervor, immediately consuming flesh, and blood and energy as they burrowed towards Glacia's core.

"I have stymied her healing, for the moment. If you intend to act, do so before this moment is lost."

Yet even as she offered this ... Ishtar found herself disturbed ... and as she readied to offer another blast of Void Energy at Glacia to further hinder her Threshling anatomy, she couldn't help but think of Erosa. Her head had been destroyed, surely ... and one could hardly be considered alive after that point, and yet a the periphery of awareness there was recognition; and a familiar voice echoed softly in Ishtar's mind.

... h' ah'lw'nafh, mgng uh'eor ahehyee.

And at hearing it, Ishtar's Void Beam veered sharply.

Completely missing her intended target though not seeming to care, the Oni swiftly then, tore her gaze away from Glacia to fix her eyes on Erosa's assumed corpse. Which had ... little changed. So what then was meant by then by the voice ? Before confusion, and doubt could settle in however, the Eldritch Whispering resumed. ... Ahnythor ymg' l' gotha ... Ahuaaah fhtagn. Mgr'luh ... Mggoka'ai.

What was offered however, gave Ishtar pause. Use the Dream, to see, hear ?

Of what import was the Dream to Erosa ?

It was merely a means to an end. A conduit for the Void to manifest within the sphere and a platform for those who existed on either side ... there was no connection that Ishtar knew of between those of Erosa's kind, and the Dream itself. She was a being of magic and ... and ... The Oni's golden eyes widened.

Erosa was a being of Magic, and in times previous her Death would have simply resulted in her reformation at the cost of Etrina's reserves of energy ... and yet she had been recently, unshackled, and now existed purely as a free being comprised solely of magic. As a result then, her dying would not be as cut and dry as a mortal. She would not be called to Otherworld, would not find herself before Ereshkigal to find judgment and placement, no.

So where then would she be called to ?

The implied connection, and the only answer that seemed to make sense in the moment was ...

The Dream.

And beyond the question of why that is, and how that was ... there persisted a far more important one: who, or what, would call for her ? An answer it seemed, this Eldritch Voice wished to impart. So heeding the guidance of that unknown Eldritch Whisperer, the Oni focused on her conduit to the Dream, and found out.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman
    -snip-

All thoughts of going peacefully into the afterlife vanished from Erosa mind before the colossal thing that floated just beyond the boundary of life. Whatever it was, is was both asleep and aware...and It was calling to her with the familiarity of a parent.

".....come home......"
    ... and in the finding, Ishtar found it was nothing short of a nightmare. The massive being, otherworldly as it was unnaturally shaped, hovered menacingly outside the view of those who did not have the sense enough to perceive it; a thing perhaps for the best. For the voice it offered was sickly sweet, and for a moment Ishtar felt her thoughts slipping. Yet thanks to the response from Glacia's attacks, a sickle of Ki caught Ishtar in the back ... and in the spilling of her blood and the blossom of pain that followed the glowing-horn Oni was jolted back to painful awareness; and brought to bear her mental defense.

Oh ... is this what denizens of the Void look like, truly ?

A thing to perhaps ask Hastur, for now was not the time.

All that mattered was that this nightmare sought to take Erosa ... whatever else it was beyond that was irrelevant.

Understanding then at once what the voice meant when it spoke -- that Erosa remained alive for now, but not much longer -- killing Glacia swiftly took a backseat to saving the Id. A thing that was seemingly underway already Ishtar sensed, by Evangeline, Anula, and strangely ... that Namekian Mage, Pike; the trio struggling against the Aberrant Horror from within the Dream, that sought to claim Erosa's soul. Yet with that handled for the moment -- and beyond the scope of Ishtar's ability to influence -- it seemed all that remained to be done, was restoring its vessel ... a task by any measure, that should have fallen to Asha'rah given her proven proficiency beforehand.

... and given the Fallen Goddesses relationship to the Id, alongside the fact that this situation surely had not escaped her notice ... a thing that should have been done ages ago.

And with that realization, the Oni turned to find, the woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    Instead, she focused on the more immediate threat. Asha'rah's orbs flared golden, then began to spin rapidly as they faded. There was something different about them, a ring...no, blades moving so fast they appeared to be a ring, much like a fan would as it cut through the air. Katchin blades. Asha'rah wreathed herself in Annihilation Aura as she moved in, slicing and dicing with orbs and low-level haki knifehand strikes to give Etrina time to recover.
    Glacia, wounded as she was, was still swift enough to avoid each strike. Growling at her wounds, she leaps back and flings a hand out in a ln arc, sending out a barrage of several half moon ki blades at those gathered near her in an attempt to cut them apart.
    Only to see Asha'rah try and fail to strike Glacia, again, and again; with both Hakai, and Katchin.

And in the moment of finding her ... Ishtar was dumbfounded.

Regardless of whatever logic now guided Asha'rah, this was a woman who had not three months before, threatened to utterly annihilate an Aspect of Time; at the thought of Erosa dying to the point where, once it had come to pass the Oni herself had to threaten a response. Yet now, primed to happen again in a manner far worse than previously; Asha'rah was content to ignore saving her lover in favor of lashing out futiley against an opponent well on her way to dying already.

Even if Asha'rah did not see the nightmarish monstrosity pulsating with a sinister, yet ... familiar energy attempting to reclaim Erosa's soul; that a Guardian, her apprentice and a former enemy struggled against something to keep Erosa's soul on this side of things should have been clearly evident.

Yet despite this, Asha'rah had opted against aiding her lover ? Her lover ?

Across the telepathic network Ishtar had provided, those yet linked to her could feel her anger; and when her voice echoed across the link not a moment later, they'd understand why:

"Erosa lay dying, her soul currently torn between life, and a fate far worth than death ... yet where is Asha'rah ? Her lover, and the woman who only months before threatened the annihilation of my stepsister by means of Hakai, for even the thought of Erosa suffering harm ?

Busy !

Far too concerned with a battle nearly won, that she has left the care and saving of her lover, her lover to those who can for the moment do little more than buy time, all so that she can turn that Hakai once threatened, on yet another foe."

The 'line' fell silent a moment then, as Ishtar fumed and thought of a way to mend Erosa's ruined body, herself ... before a final word was offered those those who remained to share the link.

"... Never forget this.

Never forget the moment when Asha'rah, a Creator God ... set aside love so that she might strive only to destroy; and not only left Creation, her Creation, but her Love ... to the care of others."

And with that said, Ishtar disappeared.

For despite her anger, and the words she shared ... It had not taken her long to realize she might yet be capable of doing what Asha'rah refused to.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Default To Save Erosa, Pt. 2

Erosa would find that while her energy went to Ochazuke, something else held her soul in place. Almost like three hands grabbing hold and tethering her for the moment.

Lines of magic trail off towards Pike, Anula, and Evangeline, each aiding in keeping her soul on this plane in hopes of healing her body and restoring life once this is all over.
    And when the Oni finally returned, some moments later, she appeared besides the trio doing their utmost to keep Erosa's soul tethered to this side of reality.

In the end, it had not taken overlong to determine what she could do, after all. Her ability to mend injuries had never once been successful in mending mortal wounds, such was the limitation of the White Haoma ... and yet in the end, the Ishtar had ever only drained the energy from normal flora; a source of energy that was limited in its capacity much as the golden-eyed Oni herself was limited in what she could do with it. That this matter was undoubtedly mortal ... and that the normal means would not prove sufficient, had then lead to enlightenment.

So after Ishtar placed a silent hand on Evangeline's shoulder offered what succor she could, she held up in her other hand what she had departed to retrieve: An Enseiji, one of ten gifted her by Sihn. A fruit that was capable of restoring both body, and energy, fully, it stood apart from all but a few forms of flora in its capacity to mend ... and while Erosa had not the means to consume the fruit herself; Ishtar had realized that did not mean the fruit was useless.

Ishtar removed her hand from Evangeline's shoulder then, and cupped the Enseiji before speaking to the trio beside her.

"Give me a moment, I should need little more than that."

Disappearing again, the golden-eyed Oni appeared beside Erosa's body and stared down at it a brief moment, concern and uncertainly dancing briefly behind her eyes. The plan was ... sound, it even made sense. And yet what if it wasn't enough ?

A simple glance at the nightmarish being who sought to steal away her friend, was all it took to render that question irrelevant.

It would simply have to be.

Focusing on the Enseiji in her hand, then, Ishtar activated Amərətāt; and once the fruit had been wholly devoured, the Oni placed her hands upon Erosa's unmoving chest.

"I do not know if you can hear me, Erosa ... it has been many long years since I have spoken to the souls of the recently departed in any official capacity. Yet all the same, the call you should heed is mine. Heed not the call of that Eldritch Behemoth. It is not your kin. Instead, return to us, Child of Magic. Return to vessel of your soul ... those who care for you are waiting."

Words offered, then, the Oni poured the energy from the Enseiji, and even more of her own energy still, into the body beneath her palms.

"Dūraoša."

OT: Ishtar has used (1) Enseiji Fruit alongside Dūraoša, to drain the restorative properties from the fruit in an attempt to mend Erosa's body. Alongside this she has offered a considerable portion of her own energy in the attempt, equivalent to 50% of her remaining energy. There are (9) Enseiji Fruit remaining.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Ishtar, Erosa’s body heals. The grevious wound closes, and before you the body remains pristine.

OT: Badass useage of the fruits, by the way.

IC:

The trio remain locked in place, tethering her soul. Evangeline looks at you.

“Her body isn’t the issue, Ishtar. We can’t reinhabit her soul, we tried but we cannot. It seems only Etrina can due to their connection. We can keep it here, away from what awaits it, but only Etrina can do what need being done. Finish this bitch and get Etrina back in her right mind!” Eva pleads, sweat beading on her head. She wasn’t a real mage like the others, and it was through sheer force of will and bending what little divine ki she has that has let her last this long.

Ishtar you do notice that your efforts, your very Oni nature, does seem to strengthen the tethers the three have made though. You might not be able to call her soul back yourself, but you certainly bolstered their efforts.
    Last edited by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade; 03-12-2019 at 04:30 AM.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Glacia, meanwhile, her healing reverted and more wounded then ever, starts laughing. Even as blood gushes from her, curtesy of Ishtar and Etrina, she laughs.

Etrina, you cannot effect the heart. Traces upon its design, and alongside other parts of her, are intricate and complex runes.

Time Lock runes.

Somehow, the Doctor has found a mage of extreme power and has them ensorcell his creations to an extent. The runes are also bolstered by the ring she wears.

In the moment you contemplate this, Glacia’s tail stabs once, twice, into your thigh and your stomache, then slaps you down to the Lookout floor. Seething, she holds her hand out and grips your throat with TK, applying a terrible crushing force on it.

“You’re going to die, now.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Distracted and pissed at the others (blind and uncomfortably hot too) Haru misses as Jack charges up a glowing ball of grey smoke like ki and smirks.

“Aces Wild.”

For a split second, reality shifts and the attack disappears, only to reappear.

Inside Haru’s left eye.

Screaming, the massive wolf beast rears back, clawed hand gripping it’s face as dark green black blood oozes from the wound.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM