Default Sasuke's Amateratsu VS Goku

Goku challenges Sasuke to a staring contest with the Amateratsu being the test to see how strong Sasuke is.

How long can he survive a head on Amateratsu as Sasuke basically keeps staring at him?

Assume he has endless chakra and stamina.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Which version/era of Goku? Because I can't think of any Amaterasu feat that would even come close to being able to tickle any Goku from at least the Saiyajin Saga onward, even if it crawled all over him for days on end. I mean, maybe if it kept burning his food to dust before he could eat it, Goku might starve to death, assuming that he doesn't just blow it away/absorb it/Hakai enough that he could eat a small buffet every once in awhile.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Which version/era of Goku? Because I can't think of any Amaterasu feat that would even come close to being able to tickle any Goku from at least the Saiyajin Saga onward, even if it crawled all over him for days on end. I mean, maybe if it kept burning his food to dust before he could eat it, Goku might starve to death, assuming that he doesn't just blow it away/absorb it/Hakai enough that he could eat a small buffet every once in awhile.
    depends on if we take the "Amaterasu is as hot as the sun" claim as valid

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Isn't burning away all the oxygen around a saiyan a proven strategy?

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Isn't burning away all the oxygen around a saiyan a proven strategy?
    Is that a thing that Amaratsu has feats for, first.

Second, it's never been specifically done as a strategy. It has been stated that Saiyans can't survive in space. It has been stated that, by destroying the planet they are standing on, Frieza would kill Goku, Vegeta and the others but that he would survive because he doesn't need air. Of course, Goku was just happily floating in orbit for most of his fight against Beerus, with no downsides.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Well, it's ultra hot and essentially sticky fire that can just sit on a target burning in perpetuity.

So if Goku's face is covered in black flames and it's burning far hotter than the ignition point of air, which it is, I imagine he'd find breathing quite challenging.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Well, it's ultra hot and essentially sticky fire that can just sit on a target burning in perpetuity.

So if Goku's face is covered in black flames and it's burning far hotter than the ignition point of air, which it is, I imagine he'd find breathing quite challenging.
    I barely want to try to unpack all the permutations here.

It's been stated that saiyans have to breathe.

We've seen Goku spend really long times underwater, Vegeta as well. We've seen Goku and Vegeta both fly into at least orbit and be just fine. Heat from the core of the planet is used for comedy scenes. They get tagged by way-the-hell-past-planet-buster energies, sometimes for long periods of time and are fine.

But... if this fire can just sit on him, and it's completely immune to being moved, and it can keep up with his movement speed, and burns hot enough to consume all of the oxygen that Goku needs to breathe, I guess that's a strategy that could work?

It's weird, it's almost like they don't care about our debates when they write their stories.
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post

Second, it's never been specifically done as a strategy. It has been stated that Saiyans can't survive in space. It has been stated that, by destroying the planet they are standing on, Frieza would kill Goku, Vegeta and the others but that he would survive because he doesn't need air. Of course, Goku was just happily floating in orbit for most of his fight against Beerus, with no downsides.
    No, it actually has. Vegeta vs Magetta. Just went and watched the fight so I wasn't relying on other people's recaps. Vegeta is put into a semi sealed environment against a fire breathing robot. He starts to succumb to the accelerated loss of oxygen from the combustion. He doesn't wind up passing out, but that's only because he blows up the barrier around them to let oxygen flow freely again. It is presented as a legit danger, though, and Vegeta wasn't directly engulfed in flame.

If Goku isn't moving or responding and the fire around him burns hot enough then his oxygen should run out.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Asphyxiation should work just fine if Goku is going to just sit there and take it without resisting, though it might take a surprisingly long while to kick in considering that Goku has specifically trained to ensure low oxygen environments and how far Vegeta swam underwater while suppressing his power level in the Frieza Saga.

It definitely won't do anything to actually directly damage him, considering Amaterasu's actual feats compared against how an unpowered up Nappa (who, when powered up, was more or less dead even against base-level Saiyajin Saga Goku) ignored being at the center of his own Greenland-sized explosion that erased a city into a smoking plain that was several meters lower than it has started out as, then shortly thereafter took no damage at all after essentially being sucker-punched by a full-out suicidal Kikoho from a bloodlusted Tenshinhan.
    Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 01-22-2021 at 09:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    No, it actually has. Vegeta vs Magetta. Just went and watched the fight so I wasn't relying on other people's recaps. Vegeta is put into a semi sealed environment against a fire breathing robot. He starts to succumb to the accelerated loss of oxygen from the combustion. He doesn't wind up passing out, but that's only because he blows up the barrier around them to let oxygen flow freely again. It is presented as a legit danger, though, and Vegeta wasn't directly engulfed in flame.

If Goku isn't moving or responding and the fire around him burns hot enough then his oxygen should run out.
    What I meant was specifically destroying the O2, as opposed to making it hot, like in the U6/U7 Mageta fight. But again, it's just another weird point in the Saiyan thing. Plus, I already agreed that, based on the statements and such, if Amateratsu can do that flame thing and hold it on Goku despite his desire to resist or move, then it's in all liklihood a very viable strategy.

Well, the question is about a staring contest while Amaterasu is going. Not necessarily on Goku's head (which would deprive him of oxygen), just on him. Having those flames going on around his face would be cheating, so I honestly have to toss it from the head area. Other than comedical aspect for his rear end, I'm not sure it would be effective enough.

And, what's more, the rules never said Goku couldn't retaliate in kind. How, there's a lot of ways. But, yeah.