Page 246 of 246 FirstFirst ... 146196236242243244245246
Results 3,676 to 3,689 of 3689
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, I hope the crew lean more Dixon then Tynion, all the same .

Huh! I wonder if that was a coincidence .
    I hope so too. I LOVE Tynion, don't get me wrong, but Dixon is the OG Steph for me. With a lot of BQM, of course!

There's no way that's a coincidence. I kinda wish it was "D-Six-Four-Seven" (for Detective Comics 647, her first appearance ever), but you can't have everything. I haven't checked the numbers for the other profiles.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I hope so too. I LOVE Tynion, don't get me wrong, but Dixon is the OG Steph for me. With a lot of BQM, of course!

There's no way that's a coincidence. I kinda wish it was "D-Six-Four-Seven" (for Detective Comics 647, her first appearance ever), but you can't have everything. I haven't checked the numbers for the other profiles.
    Okay, so I found the thread on another forum where several of these others have been posted, including Cassie and Thirteen, and they have B-27 and B-29, so I think it's actually just their team numbers, not a reference.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Voting popularity context - Tim vs. Steph - that's brutal...

http://community.comicbookresources....nament-Round-2

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    That's a really awesome pic! I love how red the colors are - reminds me of how Steph looked in Genevieve Valentine's Catwoman, colored by Lee Loughridge.

Catwoman 042 (2015) (Digital-Empire)-015.jpg

There was also this amazing piece today:

https://twitter.com/route345dude/sta...63991991078912

Voting popularity context - Tim vs. Steph - that's brutal...

http://community.comicbookresources....nament-Round-2
    I canīt believe this.. Steph victory was almost here and.. 3 more users voted Drake..

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    I canīt believe this.. Steph victory was almost here and.. 3 more users voted Drake..
    I mean, I like Tim a lot, and he has had a solo much longer than Steph, so it's not suprising. It's just kinda sad.

I mean, I like Tim a lot, and he has had a solo much longer than Steph, so it's not suprising. It's just kinda sad.
    One of these users has 18 posts.... I even suspected of Double account.. She losed for 2 votes..

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    Excellent.. Except Barbara costume.. I am happy that finally they changed her costume but.. For some reason I think that even with that maybe I will not give a chance to Batgirl again, change the costume maybe canīt change barbara personality of the last years.
    Last edited by adrikito; 08-01-2018 at 07:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    One of these users has 18 posts.... I even suspected of Double account..
    Awww, it's all good fun. And much less vicious than the points games I see in the Marvel forums.

It also says something that Stephanie came so close, even given Tim's built-in edge.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    It also says something that Stephanie came so close, even given Tim's built-in edge.
    I mean, if you look at how many issues Steph is in, the number of fanworks she appears in compared to the other Robins, it's clear that her fans punch above their weight in terms of numbers (that is, they're louder and more enthusiastic than you'd expect for being so small). But I'm afraid that the haters are right, and Steph's fandom has shrunk a bit since her controversial arc in Detective Comics (which I STILL think was pretty good, if sometimes frustrating. Of course, I also think Steph's arc in War Games is sympathetic...)

I don't think anyone's stopped being a fan of Stephanie because of the Detective Comics run. A bit less enthusiastic, sure (and as a Tim fan, I can relate); but if War Games didn't drive her fans away, nothing will.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    I don't think anyone's stopped being a fan of Stephanie because of the Detective Comics run. A bit less enthusiastic, sure (and as a Tim fan, I can relate); but if War Games didn't drive her fans away, nothing will.
    Well, I did read a couple of people who said they used to be a fan and aren't anymore after Tynion's Tec. And the cooling of enthusiasm is a real problem-but Dustin Nguyen says it was a problem after Eternal, because fans stopped asking about her once they got her back.

However, I did notice that the n52's erasure of Steph and Cass is much worse in terms of driving people away from comics - the previous mod of the Steph wikia and several of her staff all left and haven't come back since 2011.

There is a notion that rather large threads may contribute to server load. As such, we are experimenting with closing existing threads to see if it helps matters.
    Feel free to start a new thread on the same topic.
    "Let me guess. My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie!"
    @Matt_of_Geek
    Now writing at The Atomic Junk Shop

CBR Community Standards and Rules