Page 49 of 55 FirstFirst ... 39454647484950515253 ... LastLast
    Near Long Island. No Circus Pizza, though.

Let me explain why I think Cyborg should be happy from the very start.

I have a crush on Cyborg (I'm only 16.) I don't like the fact he's upset with his superpowers and I want him to be happy with them because it's what I know him as in TTG, the original cartoon, and in the Six Flags attractions and he's more hot that way. The other reason is because Six Flags put out a trailer for their Cyborg Cyber Spin attraction where Cyborg basically glosses over his past and makes no mention of him being upset with his cybernetics. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLMB27T4pf8 0:22-0:28 Only knowing Cyborg from TTG, I thought he was happy in his origin because of this, and you could imagine my outrage when I found out he wasn't! It just doesn't sit right with me. I know it'd make him someone he's apparently not, but in my fanon Cyborg is very happy to get his cybernetics in a different origin.

I wish Cyborg was around in the Silver Age...
    STAS apologist, New 52 apologist, writer of several DC fan projects.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    He doesn't need to be "Gee, Thanks dad, I'm better than ever now!" from the get go, if ever.
    ...But if done right, he does. We need a different origin for him. If he's angsting far too long, why not remove the angst totally? Cyborg angsting does not sit right with me because I know Cyborg from the 2003 Titans and TTG and those Six Flags attractions (as well as the 2018 teaser where he glosses over his past) where he is all HAPPY.

Shhh!!! Are you crazy?!? They'll hear you!

Don't you know we're not allowed to speak such things? Cyborg and happiness??? Why, it's never to be spoken in the Cyborg Appreciation Thread!

They'll lash you if you so much as speak such an outlawed thing. My very speaking to you may get me 40 lashes less 1!

Be gone now lest we be noticed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ironmonk View Post
    Could have a middle ground of in the everyday Victor persona he's in human mode, wearing regular clothes and what-not. Then when it comes time to superhero he does like the rest of the heroes and does a quick change into his 'spandex'. That's where he gets the armor exterior, face plate, and logo. Cyborg in the streets, Victor in the sheets.
    Exactly what I want to see with my version of Cyborg.

Quote Originally Posted by Iconic View Post
    Shhh!!! Are you crazy?!? They'll hear you!

Don't you know we're not allowed to speak such things? Cyborg and happiness??? Why, it's never to be spoken in the Cyborg Appreciation Thread!

They'll lash you if you so much as speak such an outlawed thing. My very speaking to you may get me 40 lashes less 1!

Be gone now lest we be noticed!
    Six Flags already did it.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon16 View Post
    Six Flags already did it.
    Oh. Well...in that case...carry on!

Lol. Just no consistency. I guess they figure if you see the partial-face then that's enough. "Ehh, they know who it is."
    Which really shows how important the face plate is for the marketing. No one is saying "hey who's that guy?" because all we need is that face plate to recognize him. It's his Bat emblem, his "S" shield. Changing that is possible but it'll take a lot of time.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Which really shows how important the face plate is for the marketing. No one is saying "hey who's that guy?" because all we need is that face plate to recognize him. It's his Bat emblem, his "S" shield. Changing that is possible but it'll take a lot of time.
    Please, there are plenty of innovative ways for him to have cybernetics while still having a cooler aesthetic than the monstrosity that DC wants to keep him at.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Please, there are plenty of innovative ways for him to have cybernetics while still having a cooler aesthetic than the monstrosity that DC wants to keep him at.
    Very true, but completely besides the point I was making. I'm talking brand recognition and marketing. What makes him instantly recognizable to people?

We talked about Vic's visuals a few pages back so I'm not going to repeat all that and start that conversation over again. Just let me say that yes, I agree with you that Vic is in desperate need of a visual overhaul and update. But the face plate is how people recognize Cyborg. Whether there are cooler aesthetics or not, that's his biggest visual marker. It'd be idiotic to remove that until/unless a better visual iconography is established (not just introduced, but firmly established and entrenched in the masses' minds as "this is Cyborg.").
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I don't subscribe to the thought that the only way to recognize Vic is for the faceplate to take up so much of his face.

In the Justice League animated films he's the only black guy on the team. If you altered him to just having a red eye, no one's going to be confused. YJ Outsiders shows a more subtle approach to the plate and there's been no confusion.

This Henry Hayes Deathlok is an amazing way to adjust Vic's look.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Our boy still featured on JL covers.

I complain about the look all the time, but I will admit sometimes it looks badass

Yeah depends on who's drawing him. Will Conrad for instance draws him really well.

Ultimate Member

I don't subscribe to the thought that the only way to recognize Vic is for the faceplate to take up so much of his face.

In the Justice League animated films he's the only black guy on the team. If you altered him to just having a red eye, no one's going to be confused. YJ Outsiders shows a more subtle approach to the plate and there's been no confusion.
    Don't forget Teen Titans Cyborg in New Earth books. It was a more human look with a bit of Borg tech in it.

At least you have a design that is easier to draw and allows you to use standard toy molds for him versus needing new ones.

And you can have normal Cyborg and a line of variant Cyborg toys like Iron Man has.

Incredible Member

I don't see why we can't have both a "slim" Cyborg and an "armored" one, so long as you can tell that you are dealing with "Cyborg".

BANNED

A far reaching assumption but could some be copying Cyborg's mohawk hairstyle from the Teen Titans Go episode 20%, 20%, 40%. Mohawks with a bald fade are one of the top trending hairstyles.

maxresdefault.jpg

Mohawk-Man-Bun-Trendy-Samurai-Hairstyles.jpg

Man-Bun-for-Black-Men-Trendy-Samurai-Hairstyles.jpg