Page 11 of 78 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    For those that care. Betsy is losing the butterfly signature as well. I am not pleased.
    That's disappointing. Where did you see that?
    Make Good Art

For those that care. Betsy is losing the butterfly signature as well. I am not pleased.
    That's simply ridiculous, Betsy Braddock is Psylocke always been and always should be, and the butterfly is her signature and it has nothing to do with her body, it just so stupid. If they want to keep Kwannon around fine, but then build her own abilities and personality instead of stealing them from Betsy.

Incredible Member Infernal-Ginger's Avatar

let the writer tell their story first....we could get something better. Yes I love the Butterfly....but we could get something better. The writer said she will be going through alot of self discovery. Let's stay positive & be glad Elizabeth is the main character of the book.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicScion View Post
    let the writer tell their story first....we could get something better. Yes I love the Butterfly....but we could get something better. The writer said she will be going through alot of self discovery. Let's stay positive & be glad Elizabeth is the main character of the book.
    Agreed. Very happy to have Betsy leading the book/team. And here I was getting a little worried because we didn't see her in any of the teasers. :-)

im hopeful and optimistic...i wont be repeating anything i've stated previously anymore

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicScion View Post
    I dont think we are going to get something better. The butterfly is just something iconic to her imagery over the past 30+ years. The writer cant give us something better as its purely an aesthetic thing that the artist puts in there for us. Its a very unique touch for her that distinguishes her from other TPs on panel

Quote Originally Posted by The_Greatest_Username View Post
    They should have just retconned Betsy’s backstory and made her Asian. It would be a lot more simple and keep the character most fans are familiar with. Things are just getting too unnecessarily convoluted now.
    At the end of the day, she's too entrenched with Anglo, British trappings for that to have been satisfactory in-story, or even ethical in a real world sense. What they did was the best route.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

They should have just retconned Betsy’s backstory and made her Asian. It would be a lot more simple and keep the character most fans are familiar with. Things are just getting too unnecessarily convoluted now.
    that would have been the worst case scenario and a disservice to the character - let Kwannon have all the Asian features - thong costume, katana, martial arts, etc
    The body switch look was created cause Elektra was dead at the time.
    I am glad all the Kwannon influence is being removed from Betsy Back to her British Otherworld roots.....so much untapped potential.....the Marvel Universe has a lack of magic oriented stories (unlike DC) so glad Otherworld is back.

Can't wait to see Meggan involved too....would love to see her with the Fey of Otherworld

Love the idea that thongs and martial arts are special Asian exclusive things.

BANNED

That's the one thing I'm disappointed with. Ugh!

BANNED

Totally disagree. You still have fans who found her as Asian, and went back and loved the White body. You don't just erase the character like that. Sorry.

We may have lost the butterfly but I'm very intrigued with what the Krakoa flowers in her hair could mean.

Some of the Krakoa Flowers are gateways and Excalibur is supposed to be about the team traveling worlds. I wonder if wearing these grant her the ability to open the gateways to other worlds. Or maybe their HQ is in Krakoa.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    Some of the Krakoa Flowers are gateways and Excalibur is supposed to be about the team traveling worlds. I wonder if wearing these grant her the ability to open the gateways to other worlds. Or maybe their HQ is in Krakoa.

maybe it opens the gateway to Otherworld....looks like all of the teams will be based on Krakoa island according to island map in HOX 1

Quote Originally Posted by psycho_mbb View Post
    i´m afraid with this new book. The fact that another character took the name, the fact that the looks make me remember a teenager and now the lost of her signature, that came way before the body swap... Kwannon should use another name, uniforme and etc
    A bit hypocritical to complain about Kwannon stealing Betsy's name and butterflies while being content all those years Betsy was running around with Kwannon's body and ninja skills.

Turnabout is fair play.

Quote Originally Posted by R0d View Post
    That's simply ridiculous, Betsy Braddock is Psylocke always been and always should be, and the butterfly is her signature and it has nothing to do with her body, it just so stupid. If they want to keep Kwannon around fine, but then build her own abilities and personality instead of stealing them from Betsy.
    About as ridiculous as an English girl stealing an Asian girl's body and fighting skills.
    Last edited by remydat; 07-26-2019 at 08:53 PM.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.