Page 31 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

So I am not convinced the Sinister who made the deal with Xavier and Magneto was an actual mutant, that just came off as a joke. I suspect that the mutant Sinister was something created much more recent, with the discovery of Krakoa, in order to allow Sinister to have a presence there, and Xavier is unaware (at least as far as Sinister thinks).

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    So I am not convinced the Sinister who made the deal with Xavier and Magneto was an actual mutant, that just came off as a joke. I suspect that the mutant Sinister was something created much more recent, with the discovery of Krakoa, in order to allow Sinister to have a presence there, and Xavier is unaware (at least as far as Sinister thinks).
    I think that it was just one of the many Sinister clones, and that one happened to have a mutant gene. But using it to get in Krakoa is a very nice catch, I hadn't thought about it.

I believe it because he lied about his mutation. He knew if he told what his actual mutation was(thunderbird) Professor X would have figured it out. Thinking about it, it now makes sense how sinster seems to be able to find anyone given Thunderbird's tracking ability. Wouldn't be surprised if he smelled Moira on Magneto and Xavier and know something is up. Besides it seems like a weird thing to joke about when the joke was the lie about his mutant ability.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I think that it was just one of the many Sinister clones, and that one happened to have a mutant gene. But using it to get in Krakoa is a very nice catch, I hadn't thought about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I believe it because he lied about his mutation. He knew if he told what his actual mutation was(thunderbird) Professor X would have figured it out. Thinking about it, it now makes sense how sinster seems to be able to find anyone given Thunderbird's tracking ability. Wouldn't be surprised if he smelled Moira on Magneto and Xavier and know something is up. Besides it seems like a weird thing to joke about when the joke was the lie about his mutant ability.
    So I am probably over thinking this. The variation in describing the 'Sinisters' is messing me up, I thought the tyrant-dispelling Sinister and the mutant Sinister were two different ones, but it says the tyrant-dispelling one is the one with the DNA from Thunderbird.

Astonishing Member

I mean there's also nothing that says that the mutant Sinister was the ONLY mutant Sinister.

So I am probably over thinking this. The variation in describing the 'Sinisters' is messing me up, I thought the tyrant-dispelling Sinister and the mutant Sinister were two different ones, but it says the tyrant-dispelling one is the one with the DNA from Thunderbird.
    The sinister that identified himself as a mutant with the power to topple empires was telling a joke in regard to hiis powers. IN the data sheet it explains his actual mutant power comes from Thunderbird. The first sinister who wanted the cape did not have mutant dna (Well he might have but he didn't like the results.). The tyrant dispelling Sinister is the one who killed the other sinister who said he tried to used the mutant gene but didn't like the results, but he himself wasn't the self-proclaimed tyrant dispelling mutant.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I can't figure out the timeline is sinister supposed to be dead and nor interested in mutants. Thus he hasn't abducted Scott? And he chose Thunderbird as a prototype to place into his genome? And this sinister had no other powers as of yet

So this issue was just OK. Sinister has never been a favourite of mine. Gillen did some interesting things with him but apart from that my heart usually sinks when he is involved. I was pleased to see the database brought back, because many theories, including my own, rely upon that database being important. It is kind of fun that Sinister is persuaded to take extra interest in mutants, but it doesn’t make a lot of sense that he wasn’t already obsessed with them.

The cape jokes seemed a bit tangential.

The riddles were a little strange, but I guess they give us something to do.

The far future material was interesting too. It gives us a little more context about their plan, less subterfuge and more a negotiation. Still feels a little bit like a con to me.

The Krakoa mythology was nice, and Xavier in a pith helmet is always fun. I love the simple and understated “Well. That’s ambitious.” Without so much as an exclamation mark. We now get our second mirrored story, with Krakoa and Phalanx.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    I can't figure out the timeline is sinister supposed to be dead and nor interested in mutants. Thus he hasn't abducted Scott? And he chose Thunderbird as a prototype to place into his genome? And this sinister had no other powers as of yet
    This should be a sinister that already messed with scott and gambit (including time travel gambit) and has given up on making a 'perfect' mutant to fight appocolips...
    Btw do NOT tell erik what he was doing in WW2....

All they did was reignite his passion and point him in the direction of where we meet him.
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

I have only done a quick scan of the thread but has anyone considered that the riddles are all clues to Dawn of X books?
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    I have only done a quick scan of the thread but has anyone considered that the riddles are all clues to Dawn of X books?
    They most likely are.
    "Cable was right!"

Fantastic Member Graphicisnovel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    well from my guesses that's what I thought.

# 2 is easilly mondo, which is New Mutants.

One of them says "explosive" reuinion, which I took as Jubilee - that may be Excalibur.

Xmen #1 has the Summers family on the cover - so that would be the Summers clue.

the X-men #2 is fighting an island, so that's the Inferno clue.

The one about a mother and daughter I assumed Rachel and Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Rogue View Post
    So Krakoa and Arakko were separated/split, and Arakko was pushed into the chasm. So is Arakko to become what we've known as limbo, and so the original Horsemen have been sentinels keeping it at bay - until - Inferno 2, even maw hotta', incoming!
    Woah. If Arakko is Limbo... oh my.

Amazing Member

Has anyone here read Jonathan Hickman's S.H.I.E.L.D.? Apocalypse was an easter egg in one of the issues (I think the first issue). Anyone think that would tie up to his X-Men run?

untitled.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Woah. If Arakko is Limbo... oh my.
    It requires us to question why Magik's portals resemble Krakoa's portals.