7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Arya View Post
    A bullet can kill her.
    You are correct, a bullet can kill Storm, but she can also protect herself from bullets (and other attacks) as she has proven in the past. Not only this, the fact that a bullet can kill her does not diminish in any way the raw power the lady has wielded in some of her high end feats. That power she can wield allows writers to match her against just about any foe in the MU and they could credibly have her win without any PIS.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    I disagree with you. She doesn't have to evolve into an elemental being as she has feats of massive power ,even by cosmic standards, under her belt. Heck, Phoenix Force Jean Grey beat a Herald of Galactus by throwing a blast backed by the power of a star and Storm beat that a few issues earlier by throwing an attack backed by the full power of a star. That is nowhere near Storm's biggest feat, either. That said, I have a difficult time stating who Storm can and cannot beat when her biggest feats are brought into the debate. When you combine her powerset (she can perceive the universe as patterns of energy and forces she can bend to her will) and the raw power she has wielded in some of her feats, a writer can have her beat whatever threat they want to throw at her, including cosmic abstracts, without using any PIS. (This could be what Pak was referring to when he stated in an interview that Storm is one of Marvel's biggest powerhouses who can go toe-to-toe with anyone.) The last statement I made prior to my parenthetical sentence is why I feel that Storm could possibly dwarf all of the abstracts when she evolves to her full potential since it is arguable that she could go toe-to-toe with them right now in her human form based on some of her high end feats.Now, at the levels she is usually written at, your statement is correct. However, when you start throwing in her high end feats (galactic core, beating the Trion, sewing a reality back together when it was falling apart at its seams, etc), then that changes the entire debate and anything becomes possible.
    When Ororo summoned the full power of a star who or what did she use that massive buildup of power on?

You are correct, a bullet can kill Storm, but she can also protect herself from bullets (and other attacks) as she has proven in the past. Not only this, the fact that a bullet can kill her does not diminish in any way the raw power the lady has wielded in some of her high end feats. That power she can wield allows writers to match her against just about any foe in the MU and they could credibly have her win without any PIS.
    These match-ups include Thanos?
    Last edited by ZNOP; 10-05-2016 at 02:06 PM.

BANNED

It shows the limit of her human form and why beings that are higher tier outclass her.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Thanks xfire for the head ups. Still gonna check it out and see what all the fuss is about when I get home.
    There isn't that much fuss it's just a good issue so far. I don't know why people are tripping lol

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    There isn't that much fuss it's just a good issue so far. I don't know why people are tripping lol
    yea i just read it and i totally agree. not sure what all the fuss has been about honestly. lol.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    When Ororo summoned the full power of a star who or what did she use that massive buildup of power on?

These match-ups include Thanos?
    1) She used that power to destroy a sentinel.
    2) Storm can beat Thanos. Just recently, Thanos was beaten by a team of Earth heroes who used a device which interrupted the electrical impulses in his nervous system. Storm did the same thing to Sinister with her power. She could pull the same thing on Thanos.
    Last edited by rutog98; 10-05-2016 at 03:27 PM.

BANNED

It shows the limit of her human form and why beings that are higher tier outclass her.
    She is more physically vulnerable than cosmics, but she has the raw power to fight them on their level. She can use her powers defensively to protect herself from counterattacks.

BANNED

i know there are many things that we as fans disagree upon. i remember arguing way back (maybe several mths ago) that storm could beat thanos similarly to how she did sinister thru an internal attack and i was called all types of fanboys on cv. and not even a wk or so ago we had that feat u posted where he was kod by an internal attack well within her ability to do (moral of the story never say never when it comes to the All-Goddess).

i kno there are fans who fall on all spectrums of what it means to be a fan between most extreme to more reasonable and measured, but wat i do appreciate is that we as fans of the character can have a dialogue/conversation where we can respectfully disagree. its always fun talking with you guys about a character who has impacted our lives in varying ways .
    The Storm fans, whether they like me or not , are like my internet family.

Expected to get Hurricane Matthew tomorrow. Let's see what Storm can do

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Avatar View Post
    oh no be safe. are you in one of the areas that people are being told to evacuate?

BANNED

She is more physically vulnerable than cosmics, but she has the raw power to fight them on their level. She can use her powers defensively to protect herself from counterattacks.
    No she doesn't. Her attack on stardust didn't hurt him, same with silver surfer. She had the output to harm some of them but folks like heralds can't be hurt by storm.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Avatar View Post
    Lol. But yeah, it's going to be a strong one. I hope noone is going to get hurt.

BANNED

No she doesn't. Her attack on stardust didn't hurt him, same with silver surfer. She had the output to harm some of them but folks like heralds can't be hurt by storm.
    I disagree.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    I disagree.
    Actually, Ororo shouldn't have be capable of "hurting" either herald.
    Last edited by ZNOP; 10-05-2016 at 04:15 PM.

oh no be safe. are you in one of the areas that people are being told to evacuate?
    Thank you. No evacuation for me. I live on the 3rd floor of a condo. Evacuation is mostly for trailer home people.