Page 140 of 238 FirstFirst ... 4090130136137138139140141142143144150190 ... LastLast
Results 2,086 to 2,100 of 3557

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    That's what I'm worried about. If he'll be depicted on that level. Someone that can fight the Hulk and Thor, shouldn't be defeated by the Black Panther. Especially not the MCU version, and definitely not by Shuri (who isn't a warrior in the MCU).

I hope the fighting stops because they come to some kind of understanding, or Namor realizes something and is merciful. Shuri defeating Namor in a physical fight, even if she is wearing that vibranium suit, makes no sense.
    Namor has always been an unstoppable force that requires something different to stop him.

I'm fine with these:
    1) someone intervenes like when the Fanastic Four saved Shuri from being killed by Namor
    2) Namor spares Shuri for her courage or she was protecting her subjects
    3) the rumoured third party involvement , Namor and Shuri teams up

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Talking to Entertainment Weekly, director Ryan Coogler teased what fans can expect from the MCU's take on this character. "He's always been really cool and charismatic, but also arrogant," the filmmaker says. "He's kind of an *******, kind of romantic, and just incredibly powerful."
    He gets it, I believe our king is in good hands.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Well it wouldn’t be the first time people thought the villain outshined the protagonist in a Black Panther movie.
    and Killmonger is a B tier at best. Namor would definitely steal the show.
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

This is so fascinating!
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    With how much it's being hyped up, it wouldn't surprise me if Marvel gave Coogler the go ahead for a solo Namor movie, like at this point there is no way that the rights aren't back with Marvel/MCU for Namor and Hulk. Universal hasn't ever made a Namor movie in all the time they had the rights and Marvel would not be investing so much into the Talocans if they didn't think this would be another Franchise like Black Panther/Wakanda. I do wonder what the third Black Panther movie would be about if they make one. I'm very excited to see the rest of the cast in the movie but I'm def more excited for Namor than anything else, lol.
    Ok replying here to add this link which talks about the Namor movie rights and it seems I was right, they are in the clear now at least from what I can tell with this article but still would love to see it verified somewhere else too.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Doombot is right. I'm a T'Challa fan and only Namor is really holding my interest. In fact this whole ordeal has pushed me towards liking the character more.
    I feel robbed of seeing them interact.
    Ok replying here to add this link which talks about the Namor movie rights and it seems I was right, they are in the clear now at least from what I can tell with this article but still would love to see it verified somewhere else too.
    Thats why I said I'm curious where Namor is at the end of the movie.

Im actually leaning towards Attuma having an interaction or secretly being involved with Doom. So would Namor be next seen in Fantastic Four or would they wait until Kang Dynasty.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Doombot is right. I'm a T'Challa fan and only Namor is really holding my interest. In fact this whole ordeal has pushed me towards liking the character more.
    I feel robbed of seeing them interact.

Thats why I said I'm curious where Namor is at the end of the movie.

Im actually leaning towards Attuma having an interaction or secretly being involved with Doom. So would Namor be next seen in Fantastic Four or would they wait until Kang Dynasty.
    I'd prefer for Namor to be kept til Kang/Secret Wars/Next Big Crossover.
    *edit: ohh yes if it comes to that, show an alternate Namor more faithful to the comics for a scene or two

a disney plus show on Talocan to add more lore and focus on Namora or other Talocanians in between that
    Last edited by dzub; 10-04-2022 at 09:32 PM. Reason: added something
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I was happily surprised to read Coogler's opinion and take on Namor in that article. Apparently, he's always liked the character, and from these quotes, seems to get Namor. And I agree. You got to lean into the "weird" superhero stuff. The first look at Namor with the 'weird' stuff went along way to convince me about his MCU Namor. The second quote is him just checking off more of my core things about Namor.

I hope Cantwell delivers mightily in this series. We need some comicbook critical acclaim too.

Hmmm. 2099 ... well I guess that fits the timeline, but not the version of Namor I'm too interested in. Now, Doom 2099 ... that's another story.

That HR article is interesting and worth discussion, given so many people's thoughts on monarchies, now. I think many writers now try to make it a political question, rather than a mythical question -- which is where the appeal is for stories about kings. The Doom stuff is speculation on his part, but the whole article is his take on what Coogler is trying to do, and within that essay, it could fit.
    The political aspect of is what made Priest's Black Panther series so great. I loved the "Strum und Drang" arc that involved the 3 Kings of Marvel. Doom was in this only briefly since this occured back in the era after the Heroes Reborn and Doom had decided to rule Franklin's "blue ball" planet which he renamed Planet Doom...naturally Sal Velluto did a great cover of the 3 monarchs. The story involved a conflict between Wakanda and the Deviant Lemurians over mother and her child that had sought refuge in Wakanda. Namor became involved and helps avert a possible war between Atlantis and Lemuria by giving the Mother and child refuge in Atlantis.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    I'd prefer for Namor to be kept til Kang/Secret Wars/Next Big Crossover.
    *edit: ohh yes if it comes to that, show an alternate Namor more faithful to the comics for a scene or two

a disney plus show on Talocan to add more lore and focus on Namora or other Talocanians in between that
    See I think waiting till 2025 would be a mistake though. Gotta keep him actively involved. Have him pop up elsewhere to make it organic for when he shows up in that film

T'Challa was in Civil War, Black Panther and Infinity War. Even though I dont think they were prepared for the success of the character they were ready to have him in other projects. I think Namor needs to be in something else before Kang Dynasty.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^I gotta agree; BA owes a lot to Namor.
    Yup. And the person who brought both Black Adam and Aquaman to their current prominence is Geoff Johns. I'd love to talk to him about Namor if I ever cattch him at a con.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Do you think we'll get an actual utterance of "Imperius Rex?"

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I didn't think we would but there's actually some official shirts with Imperius Rex on it!

Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Rev, links please! I need the IMPERIUS REX!
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Anthony Francisco, the designer for MCU Namor's outfit gave this short interview here:

https://www.looper.com/1040058/forme...gn=insta_story

Francisco said his ideas emerged from a dream after he watched documentaries on Mesoamerica, which includes stories about the plight of the Olmecs, Aztecs, and Mayans.

"I remember now the inspiration for the symbolism I put into his costume that you see on the necklace, because it's out now. You actually see my design. That's an original design. It's not copied from anywhere," Francisco told Looper in an exclusive interview. "It was taken from a dream. I was dreaming about, 'How am I going to represent Namor? He's life and death, and they say he gives lives? What kind of god do they see in him?' The feathered serpent — Kukulkan — is the one I was thinking of."

From there, Francisco said it was a matter of taking the inspiration of Kukulkan and imbuing it with technology to make Namor an even greater threat to Wakanda.

"I was thinking, 'How do I put technology together with the folklore and the gods into what Namor is, and the civilization underneath?'" Francisco recalled. "I came up with a bunch of ideas to show it and the relationship with the ocean and with the animals, and these different, crazy ideas that they actually started using.'"
    Soooo, this makes me wonder what technology we are going to see with MCU Namor?

Also, he's life and death and can give life??? Reminds of Stuart Moore's run.

Rev, links please! I need the IMPERIUS REX!
    Amazon has a bunch of shirts now. I got this one on the Hot Topic sale.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BCH7S8CB...1zcF9kZXRhaWwy

Oops. Target has a sale on some of their shirts.

https://www.target.com/p/women-s-bla...83#lnk=sametab

https://www.target.com/p/men-s-black...02#lnk=sametab

This one is on my list, though.

https://www.amazon.com/Marvel-Black-...0752XK16C&th=1
    Last edited by Reviresco; 10-05-2022 at 08:30 PM.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    maybe it might be linked to Spanish Conquistadors yelling it while trying to conquer Mexico and Namor appropriating it?

I can't imagine this Namor uttering a latin (or faux latin) phrase, but those shirts have really mades things a bit of a headscratcher.