Extraordinary Member

Default Rank these movie characters

Rank the following live action movie characters from best to worst in the following attributes

Strength:
    Speed:
    Durability:
    Firepower:
    Versatility:

The characters

1. The T-800
    2. RoboCop
    3. Darth Vader
    4. Jason Voorhees
    5. John Rambo
    6. The Predator
    7. The Xenomorph
    8. Rocky Balboa
    9. Imhotep
    10. The Indominus Rex

Note: Fire power in this case refers to any sort of attack that is not based on physical strength

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Rank the following live action movie characters from best to worst in the following attributes

Strength:
    Speed:
    Durability:
    Firepower:
    Versatility:

The characters

1. The T-800
    2. RoboCop
    3. Darth Vader
    4. Jason Voorhees
    5. John Rambo
    6. The Predator
    7. The Xenomorph
    8. Rocky Balboa
    9. Imhotep
    10. The Indominus Rex

Note: Fire power in this case refers to any sort of attack that is not based on physical strength
    Strength

Indominus Rex
    Imhotep
    Predator
    Robocop
    Jason Voorhees
    T-800
    Darth Vader
    Rambo
    Xenomorph
    Rocky

Speed

Indominus Rex
    T 800
    Xenomorph
    Predator
    Rocky
    Rambo
    Imhotep
    Darth Vader
    Robocop

Durability

Imhotep
    Robocop
    T-800
    Indominus Rex
    Jason Voorhees
    Predator
    Xenomorph
    Rocky
    Rambo
    Vader

Firepower

Imhotep
    Darth Vader
    Predator
    T-800
    Robocop
    Rambo
    Indominus Rex
    Xenomorph
    Jason
    Rocky

Vesatilty

Imhotep
    Darth Vader
    Predator
    Robocop
    Indominus Rex
    T-800
    Jason
    Xenomorph
    Rambo
    Rocky

This was pretty fun, good list of characters too.
    Last edited by Stigmazilla; 10-21-2020 at 06:21 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmazilla View Post
    Strength

Indominus Rex
    Imhotep
    Predator
    Robocop
    Jason Voorhees
    T-800
    Darth Vader
    Rambo
    Xenomorph
    Rocky
    Interesting choices. Some questions
    -Why Imhotep so high? I don't recall that many amazing strength feats for him.
    -Rambo over both Rocky and the Xenomorph is strange to me

Durability

Imhotep
    Robocop
    T-800
    Indominus Rex
    Jason Voorhees
    Predator
    Xenomorph
    Rocky
    Rambo
    Vader
    - I don't recall Imhotep being super tanky
    -Why is Vader at the bottom?

Thanks!

[QUOTE=Jcogginsa;5196184]Interesting choices. Some questions
    -Why Imhotep so high? I don't recall that many amazing strength feats for him.

He tossed people around fairly trivially, and was smashing through stone walls

-Rambo over both Rocky and the Xenomorph is strange to me

That was kind of a toss up between the 3 , and Vader. All had above average human strength, but werent on the same levels as the others.

- I don't recall Imhotep being super tanky

He could casually take gun fire, and was apparently immortal without the book of the dead's magic to stop him.

-Why is Vader at the bottom?

Because he isn't overly durable. The only durability like thing he does is absorb the blaster bolts with the force which isn't really durablity.

Extraordinary Member

Interesting choices. Some questions
    He could casually take gun fire, and was apparently immortal without the book of the dead's magic to stop him.

Because he isn't overly durable. The only durability like thing he does is absorb the blaster bolts with the force which isn't really durablity.
    1. IIRC, that was less durability and more regen. To me, Durability means not getting hurt by an attack. Imhotep gets hurt, he just heals

2. There's also a moment where a Lightsaber bounces off his armor

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    1. IIRC, that was less durability and more regen. To me, Durability means not getting hurt by an attack. Imhotep gets hurt, he just heals

2. There's also a moment where a Lightsaber bounces off his armor
    First film, when shot, it wasn't healing. Imhotep was merely inconvenienced by the gun shots. And he didn't heal until he absorbed the life essence of the people that opened the chest. He was immortal. Just not healing all the way.

T 800 over Robocop? Did you watch the movies?

Robocop is too damn tough, the only time he was in pieces took factory gear and over a prologues time.

He took energy blasts (show though) plowed through a city street after falling off a skyscraper and kept trucking.

T 800 got token out after a Mac truck explosion, pipe bomb, and press.

Robocop has a god damned gas line for the city blow up on him after that drop. Hell on the first movie a gas station blows up on him and he was fine.

He is slow as **** travel wise, reflex wise has bullet time aim stuff.

Amazing Member

Strength

Indominus Rex
    Imhotep
    Predator
    Robocop
    Jason Voorhees
    T-800
    Darth Vader
    Rambo
    Xenomorph
    Rocky

Speed

Indominus Rex
    T 800
    Xenomorph
    Predator
    Rocky
    Rambo
    Imhotep
    Darth Vader
    Robocop

Durability

Imhotep
    Robocop
    T-800
    Indominus Rex
    Jason Voorhees
    Predator
    Xenomorph
    Rocky
    Rambo
    Vader

Firepower

Imhotep
    Darth Vader
    Predator
    T-800
    Robocop
    Rambo
    Indominus Rex
    Xenomorph
    Jason
    Rocky

Vesatilty

Imhotep
    Darth Vader
    Predator
    Robocop
    Indominus Rex
    T-800
    Jason
    Xenomorph
    Rambo
    Rocky

You may be just about entirely correct with the “Firepower” and probably the “Versatility” rankings (and I assume we’re taking Force Amplification out of the equation for Darth Vader for the Strength, Speed, and Durability rankings right?)
    However I disagree with the other rankings here.

Strength-wise, Jason Voorhees should be at least on par if not greater than both Robocop and The Jungle Hunter depending on the versions (even far moreso if we count Uber Jason, that dude’s real nasty). A Xenomorph would absurdly superior strength edge over Rambo due to being able to break down steel pressure doors on their own and easily ripping out human skulls with their spines still attached with just a single hand and even penetrate through Armored Quartz, hitting strength levels at Class K. Without weapons, Rambo only ripped out a man’s trachea in the fourth movie and popped a dude’s bone out of his leg in the fifth movie, making him Class 1 at best. Not convinced that they’re even remotely close to being equals. Hell I’m not even convinced that Rambo is actually physically stronger than Rocky either, given the fact that Rocky was able to trade blows with Drago, a man who can punch hard enough to reach 2,000 psi at his peak. I like Rambo more than Rocky as both a film series and a character, but as strong as John is, he’s nowhere near of a physical master in hand to hand combat as Balboa is. His specialty lies in hiding, shooting, and blowing **** up, not overpowering someone in a boxing match.

Speed-wise, A Xenomorph being below both the Indominus Rex and the T-800 in speed is extremely laughable asf. The Indominus Rex never moved fast enough to evade being recorded on camera, react to gunfire, nor keep up with something nearly as fast as the Yautjas. And the T-800 (or even the T-850) in the movies can barely run or move faster than a peak human at the latter’s best lol. The Predator can move faster than the eye can track. T-800 being faster than a Predator, let alone a Xenomorph (whom higher-tier Preds can keep up with) is even more hilarious.

Durability-wise, pretty debatable here. But Zombie Jason should be at least on par with T-800, Robocop, and Indominus Rex if not a bit higher due to his sheer durability and resilience for a being made out of pure flesh and bones (albeit with connections to a supernatural mystical force) as opposed to titanium for both Robocop and Terminator. Uber Jason however is ridiculously above them both. Robocop may have taken a fall off of a skyscraper, but he needed Robocain as a cushion to pull that off. While Uber Jason survived atmospheric re-entry from space as he fell all the way back to the Earth. Not seeing how T-800, Robocop, or the Indominus Rex comes close to that level of durability by any metric. And that’s ignoring Jason’s immortality and regeneration. Depending on the class of the Predator (Wolf) or caste of the Xenomorph (a Queen) and the material you go by (is this only movies or is EU included as well?), the highest ones would be easily well above both T-800 and Robocop.
    I will go over T-800 vs Robocop in the next post.
    Last edited by Tammy Warner; 10-23-2020 at 06:53 PM.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    T 800 over Robocop? Did you watch the movies?

Robocop is too damn tough, the only time he was in pieces took factory gear and over a prologues time.

He took energy blasts (show though) plowed through a city street after falling off a skyscraper and kept trucking.

T 800 got token out after a Mac truck explosion, pipe bomb, and press.

Robocop has a god damned gas line for the city blow up on him after that drop. Hell on the first movie a gas station blows up on him and he was fine.

He is slow as **** travel wise, reflex wise has bullet time aim stuff.
    Lolwut. T-800 survived a gasoline truck explosion with only his organic human flesh incinerated.

And I like how some people here still conveniently overlook the fact that the pipe bomb was lodged inside the ribcage of the T-800’s endoskeleton when it blew up and still being able to move after an explosion from the most vulnerable part of your insides is actually a bit more impressive than taking an explosion from outside of your body shielded by something as durable as titanium plates while being a slightly longer distance away from the epicenter of the blast (which occurred from inside the gas station’s building and Murphy was standing outside).

And unlike the T-800, Robocop actually has a mechanical heart housed inside his chassis. So to be fair, I highly doubt that Robocop would have survived a pipe bomb being detonated inside his chest closest to where his weakest spot would be located, any better than the T-800 did. And the T-800 was only unable to fight against the car press, because he was reduced to just half his upper body with one hand missing. So I’m also doubtful of Robocop coming out of a car press on his own squishing him without one of his hands and the bottom half of his body gone.
    Lasers? You mean ones that are inferior to the Terminator’s plasma rifles?

And if you want to bring up the T-800’s low-ends as evidence for his inferior durability, then it’s only fair for me to bring up that Robocop was incapacitated by a grenade launcher to the chest in the third movie, while the T-800 actually tanked multiple grenade shots to the chest and kept on moving in Salvation.
    And Robocop had to use Robocain as a cushion for the skyscraper fall. So he didn’t take the full impact of the fall itself.
    Last edited by Tammy Warner; 10-23-2020 at 05:28 PM.