Page 96 of 130 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 1949
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    While this is obviously a bit too melodramatic... what exactly is wrong with that take? Cyborg struggling with his humanity and will to live to me sounds like an obvious plot points to explore. Yes, it is overdone in comics, but this would be rather unique take for comics book movie adaptations.
    The Black character is the only non-wisfulfillment/escapist character on the team, which says a lot.

At least Marvel gets it right.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Thier trend in Twitter searches Ray Fisher moove on
    He is coming across very bitter to some

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    The Black character is the only non-wisfulfillment/escapist character on the team, which says a lot.

At least Marvel gets it right.
    Get what right making their African American character second fiddle to choose white protagonist for 10 years and 20 films? To break the Norm once then do it again but with a white female lead. Sure their breaking the mold now but let’s not pretend they didn’t have their own issues

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Get what right making their African American character second fiddle to choose white protagonist for 10 years and 20 films? To break the Norm once then do it again but with a white female lead. Sure their breaking the mold now but let’s not pretend they didn’t have their own issues
    If you really think a mutilated, tragic Black character is more empowering than Blade, Storm, Black Panther, Sam Wilson, Luke Cage, or Miles Morales, then I got nothing for you.

Incredible Member

George Perez, Cyborg's co-creator and artist on The New Teen Titans clearly shown that Cyborg's manhood was intact when he drew a splash page for an issue of the New Teen Titans in the early 80s. Cyborg has had a number of girlfriends-Sarah Simms, Sarah Charles, Variant etc.. Cyborg and Sarah Charles had an intimate moment in the pages of New Titans which clearly illustrated that he could had sex. In John Semper Jr.'s Cyborg Rebirth series Cyborg had sex with Variant. Sarah Charles was written has his soulmate. And he ran into an old girlfriend from high school. In BVS he was cut in half but in Justice League movie it seems that it was retcon and that his limbs was only dismembered. There were times in the comics were Cyborg was fully human somewhat such as the 3 part story that ended the New Teen Titans first run, which DC for some reason did not collect in tradepaperback. And after his soul was transfered into the Omegadrome body Nightwing created a human clone for him. When he was human Vic could still become Cyborg because the Omega drone was within his body but then the Thinker came along and froze Vic into a Cyborg and back to his old self.

If DC really wanted to they could make Cyborg fully human again with cybernetics running discretely within his cells or veins. But it seems that it's not the route that they want to go for Cyborg. They do not want to make him a wish fullfillment character or a self insert for fans. DC seems adamant about keeping Cyborg the way that he is now.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

If you really think a mutilated, tragic Black character is more empowering than Blade, Storm, Black Panther, Sam Wilson, Luke Cage, or Miles Morales, then I got nothing for you.
    There's nothing wrong with a Black character having a monstrous origin story.
    Tragic characters can still be empowering and inspiring.
    You're just too busy looking for something to be mad at.
    "Cable was right!"

Many of the top characters in Marvel or DC have some kind of a trauma attached to their origin that they have to overcome or be defined by it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Many of the top characters in Marvel or DC have some kind of a trauma attached to their origin that they have to overcome or be defined by it.
    Yeah, but they're not horrifically deformed, since they're wish-fulfillment characters. Peter Parker doesn't have a grotesque tumor growing out of his hand just because he was bitten by a radioactive Spider.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    There's nothing wrong with a Black character having a monstrous origin story.
    Tragic characters can still be empowering and inspiring.
    You're just too busy looking for something to be mad at.
    Nah, BS, you don't get to tell a whole group of people how to feel about something. That's 101.

Nah, BS, you don't get to tell a whole group of people how to feel about something. That's 101.
    Just because we know a few people who don't like Cyborg's story doesn't we all feel the same way. You should take your own advice.
    "Cable was right!"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Just because we know a few people who don't like Cyborg's story doesn't we all feel the same way. You should take your own advice.
    I never told you to feel a certain way-- That's what you did, and it's clear you don't care for perspectives other than your own. I told you why people have a problem with it, in other words, why it's problematic.

You can think or feel about it however you want-- Doesn't change the fact that it's divisive, which is all a decision-maker needs to dismiss the character.
    Last edited by SecretWarrior; 03-03-2021 at 10:26 AM.

Incredible Member

I'm a long tome Cyborg fan but today, after seeing a group shot of cyborg with the rest in Zach's Justice League I think I see where people are coming from. They probably want to see clearly a Black Superhero standing tall beside Superman, Batman, WW etc.. Cyborg's cybernetics from head to toe obscurs his blackness and manhood. maybe long term comic fans just see Cyborg while others see someone that is less of a whole.

Astonishing Member

Yeah, but they're not horrifically deformed, since they're wish-fulfillment characters.
    Only if you believe that having a disability somehow makes someone "imperfect" or "deformed". It's a very ableist pov.

I never told you to feel a certain way-- That's what you did, and it's clear you don't care for perspectives other than your own. I told you why people have a problem with it, in other words, why it's problematic.

You can think or feel about it however you want-- Doesn't change the fact that it's divisive, which is all a decision-maker needs to dismiss the character.
    Seems you haven't been reading my comments because I've been asking why when it's done to other characters, it's seen as tragic but it's racist for Cyborg/Victor and your only explanation is because of his skin colour.
    "Cable was right!"

Extraordinary Member

I already said that on the previous page, but why can’t I have John Stewart, Vixen Black lightning on the justice league. Cyborg on this team was always random and has done anything positive for him