Default A New Rumblers League?

I should probably have asked this earlier in the pandemic, but better late than never...

This whole pandemic situation has left me with a lot more free time than I would normally have. I'm working less, seeing other people from outside my household/bubble less, and there are less things to do due to shops/services/sports etc being closed down or limited - and it would seem that's going to continue for the short-term future at least (even though things ARE starting to open up gradually).

Therefore, I'd have more time than normal to run a Rumblers League (with limited time having been my biggest problem previously - as it also resulted in a limited supply of incentive and patience).

It WOULD come with an indefinite limitation, however - and it's a big one: It would still be a live action only league. And I'll provide multiple reasons why that would be the case:

- Live action keeps the power level more restricted/less silly.
    - Opening the character/item lists up to multiple sources (comics, video games, animation etc) would make the lists unmanageably huge.
    - There have been hundreds (if not thousands) of worthwhile additions to the live action multiverse since we last did a league - both in terms of characters and items - so there would be plenty of stuff to keep things fresh (think MCU, DCEU, other non-Marvel or DC comic book movies, the Monsterverse, Sonic the Hedgehog, a wide variety of comic book TV shows, Cobra Kai, The Walking Dead, countless horror movies etc etc etc).
    - It's much easier to mentally picture characters interacting when they're all live action.

So would anyone be interested? If not, no worries, but I thought I'd ask, as I imagine a few of us could do with something to pass the time right now.
    Last edited by KJS; 04-08-2021 at 03:10 AM.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Well, I'm still not that up to date on live action franchises, but I'll still show up.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

KJ, I’m always interested.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

A Zest 4 KungFu Treachery Darth Drizzle's Avatar

Time Stop Moves

**So at the start of the fight Legion stops time around his team as Wanda/Apocalypse make impregnable sheilds around them using Power Stone/Hex energy to stop anyone with Time powers who tries to interrupt them. As Apocalypse can upgrade powers simply by looking at the person he unlockis his teams full potential and maxes out their powers/abilities while giving full control over them(For Wanda she instantly created 2 life forms inside herself, so she easily gives herself an X-Gene making her a Mutant and able to receive her Horseman power boost).

**After upgrading them into his Horsemen he applies a secondary power boost using the Mind Stone and it's energies to amplify his team further by granting them cosmic knowledge, knowledge about thier specific powers, and empowering them with it's energy to amplify their physical abilities. It especially boosts the Psionic powers of Legion and Mirage as that's their main ability and Scarlet Witch originally got boosted from the Stone by accident, but now it's focused by Apocalypse.

**Quicksilver nods at Legion and the Golden God extends his hand and fills the speedster with Space Stone energy and Telepathically downloads knowledge on how to use it's abilities like a pro. This turns him into a blue enrgy form like the Living Laser with the power/abilities of the Space Stone.

++Now with everyone amped up and ready to fight Legion drops the Time Stop and Apocalypse/Wanda drop the sheilds and the Mutants of Ragnarok launch into Battle!
    Last edited by Darth Drizzle; 05-18-2021 at 10:42 AM.
    And with that the rest of the Domino's will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

I'm all in.

Not a vote for myself joining, but one would assume that with live action works there'd be a bit less digging through back catalogs for feats and such too.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

I'm interested. Also I have done additions to the Rumbler's league draft additions page over the last year or so
    Last edited by Stigmazilla; 04-08-2021 at 04:43 PM.

So hypothetically if this gets off the ground, would we be rebooting the Rumbles League lists, or would we be starting from what they last were?

Extraordinary Member

I'll show up

Glad to see some interest - and from a number of familiar names.

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    So hypothetically if this gets off the ground, would we be rebooting the Rumbles League lists, or would we be starting from what they last were?
    I'd simply take the lists from the last live action league, use them as a basis from which to start, and we'd add to/amend them accordingly.

So, here are the old lists (characters and items in one thread).

In due course, what I'll probably do is start a thread for amendments of the existing lists, then another one for additions to it - we'll do it step by step to make it as least confusing as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by KJS View Post
    So, here are the old lists (characters and items in one thread).

In due course, what I'll probably do is start a thread for amendments of the existing lists, then another one for additions to it - we'll do it step by step to make it as least confusing as possible.
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...91#post4983591

So, new question. What are the rules about media where Live-Action and cartoons overlap, like Who Framed Roger Rabbit? or Space Jam?

EDIT: Or songs, where everything is unseen?
    Last edited by The MunchKING; 04-12-2021 at 02:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    So, new question. What are the rules about media where Live-Action and cartoons overlap, like Who Framed Roger Rabbit? or Space Jam?

EDIT: Or songs, where everything is unseen?
    Let's make it simple: anything that could feasibly appear in an animated movie - courtesy of the fact that they are meant to be animated - is not valid for a live action tournament.

Who Framed Roger Rabbit, for instance, is described quite specifically as a "live-action/animated" movie because some of the characters are explicitly meant to be animated. They are, therefore, not live action by default.

Quote Originally Posted by KJS View Post
    Let's make it simple: anything that could feasibly appear in an animated movie - courtesy of the fact that they are meant to be animated - is not valid for a live action tournament.

Who Framed Roger Rabbit, for instance, is described quite specifically as a "live-action/animated" movie because some of the characters are explicitly meant to be animated. They are, therefore, not live action by default.
    Do we want to start the lists?