Page 20 of 51 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Emma casually telepathically communicating to Mars again. If there was any doubt she could do it before, it should be gone now.

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim Rosenhart View Post
    Emma casually telepathically communicating to Mars again. If there was any doubt she could do it before, it should be gone now.
    Who's to say she's communicating with someone on Mars? Could be the SWORD station in Earth orbit.

And who's to say who's doing the heavy lifting in that communication? She could be talking with Jean Grey.

So no, I don't think that panel by itself resolved any such doubts.

Once the needs of the story change, so will this - in an Astonishing/FF crossover, they needed to hook Cerebro into the Blackbird in order to get close enough for it to work, Emma laughed in Reed's face when he suggested it would work for anyone from the surface to orbit. But the needs of that story were to get mutants into space for a cosmic ray exposure.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    Who's to say she's communicating with someone on Mars? Could be the SWORD station in Earth orbit.

And who's to say who's doing the heavy lifting in that communication? She could be talking with Jean Grey.

So no, I don't think that panel by itself resolved any such doubts.
    I can almkst gurantee that shes not talking with Jean, it definitely is written that she is speaking with the cuckoos and it probably is on mars tbh seeing as thats where a lot of mutants went after the gala to party lol
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Yeah....if they're not back on Earth then they're most likely still on Planet Arakko. And if she's in tp connection with all five this Earth-Mars feat is easy. They were helping Xavier and the others during the Orchis assignment in HoX.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Yeah....if they're not back on Earth then they're most likely still on Planet Arakko. And if she's in tp connection with all five this Earth-Mars feat is easy. They were helping Xavier and the others during the Orchis assignment in HoX.
    Yeah I think that is either a Cuckoo hive mind thing she's got going or after Arakko was establish they have ways of enhancing comunication.

I really don't like getting into the feats discussion, cause I'm also the believer, writers are never consistant about these thing, but my personal and preffered read of Emma's powers is that she's a Highly Skilled Telepath not so much a Powerful one so whenever I see things like this I get more annoyed with the implications. Emma's pretty great already, we don't need her to be some uber ultra level or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    Yeah I think that is either a Cuckoo hive mind thing she's got going or after Arakko was establish they have ways of enhancing comunication.

I really don't like getting into the feats discussion, cause I'm also the believer, writers are never consistant about these thing, but my personal and preffered read of Emma's powers is that she's a Highly Skilled Telepath not so much a Powerful one so whenever I see things like this I get more annoyed with the implications. Emma's pretty great already, we don't need her to be some uber ultra level or whatever.

Emma's powerful and skilled.

Xavier was using Storm, the Cuckoo's and communicating with Jean from Earth to Mercury and it wasn't like your regular tp link they were divining what was happening with the aideof Cerebra

Xavier then communicated with Mars from the Gala

Also Emma mindlinked with Iceman on mars

They are very powerful telepaths, Manhunter can do it I don't see why its a problem for the xtelepaths
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 07-16-2021 at 09:15 AM.

Same here. And particularly the bolded.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Extraordinary Member

I mean they may be on Earth now and were on mars last night.
    She may also be using other telepaths help.We say this with Bishop communicating to Emma with indirect help of cuckoos in marauders and Bishop was surprised Emma heard him and Emma stated it was because of the cuckoos acting as indirect help or something like that.
    If power levels are consistent even in this series(entire events of 616 Emma or any other character are all over the place) she can't communicate to Mars.

Extraordinary Member

Same.
    Makes a ton of sense for her character.She isn't the most powerful telepath by a mile but she should be the most skilled.
    Hence matching and even taking down Xavier, not by sheer force but via wits.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Emma's powerful and skilled.

Xavier was using Storm, the Cuckoo's and communicating with Jean from Earth to Mercury and it wasn't like your regular tp link they were divining what was happening with the aideof Cerebra

Xavier then communicated with Mars from the Gala

Also Emma mindlinked with Iceman on mars

They are very powerful telepaths, Manhunter can do it I don't see why its a problem for the xtelepaths
    Is not a problem exactly. If this is now the canon then it is, not much to do about that. I just like the narrative that Emma has to be very clever to bypass that she's not as powerful as most of the omegas TP users she runs with nowaways. One of my favorite moments is when goes into Xavier's mind to exposed his sins to him, not because she was more powerful than him but rather better trained in her abilities, or even training Teen Jean when her powers were broken and not letting her realized her powers were fixed by the end of her training. Now that's just my personal preference with it. If people like this then cool, I guess. I mean it's not a deal breaker.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    I mean they may be on Earth now and were on mars last night.
    She may also be using other telepaths help.We say this with Bishop communicating to Emma with indirect help of cuckoos in marauders and Bishop was surprised Emma heard him and Emma stated it was because of the cuckoos acting as indirect help or something like that.
    If power levels are consistent even in this series(entire events of 616 Emma or any other character are all over the place) she can't communicate to Mars.
    I mean, we'll see. At the end of the day, writers will do whatever writers want to do. I just thought after Hickman went on to lay out what an omega is, we would stop seeing this "Emma's practically or pretty close to being an omega, guys!" push we seen before.

Secrets. Lies. They have a way of coming out when you least expect them. Fuego

'Inferno' #2 by Jonathan Hickman and @St3Caselli
    will shake Krakoa to its foundation. Cover by @JeromeAOpena

This cover is everything. Probably one of the best Emma covers in a while.

Never been more stoked to read an event omg i just know this story is going to be great for Emma.

And hopefully we get this fr this time too
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Yupp. Emma needs to put Charles and Erik in their places for being shady shits from day one keeping secrets.