Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast

I am super hyped over Feige's comments about Nova. That's just a big dumb obvious slam dunk and could easily fill the GotG gap when the trilogy is over.

And I still maintain that we'll see John C Reily's Dey arrive on earth at the end of Infinity War; broken and dying from Thanos wrecking Xanadar in his quest for the Stone, with Dey looking for someone to pass his helmet to. It's entirely possible that Dey might even be the last Nova, and whoever he gives his helmet to will have all the power of the entire Nova Corps at his disposal, thus jumping Nova straight to the post-Annihilation status quo.

Of course, they might not use Richard, or they might fuse Sam and Richard in some way. Who knows? But I'll just be happy to get *a* Nova in film. Can't wait to find out of my Infinity War theory is true or not.

I mean, Dey can pass his helmet on in Infinity War without a Nova movie hitting in the next few years.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Of course not. Even if the Fox merger goes through, that probably won't be until next year. Nowhere near enough time to get a mutant or FF movie into production. Even if Feige has script writers hard at work right this moment planning the inclusion of those IP's, Hollywood doesn't move nearly fast enough to jump through all the hoops a movie requires and get it out by 2020.

I'll be a little surprised if they even formally announce a FF or X film by 2020, much less actually get started on it.

Not to mention, these studios reserve their release dates years in advance.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Melvin Potter! The Gladiator! He'll be the new face of Marvel!

In all seriousness, Ms. Marvel (Kamala) is pretty much set to be the biggest thing. She's rad.

I would like the Fantastic Four to be brought in, but not as a comedy. A serious set of explorers who happen to go on strange trips into the unknown. It can be light without being the typical joke a minute that Marvel has been doing since GotG. The Silver Surfer needs to show up, too.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 04-24-2018 at 05:10 AM.

Thunderbolts would be fun

Incredible Member Marvel Forever's Avatar

Yes, there is probably not enough time to do a Fantastic Four film by 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel Forever View Post
    Yes, there is probably not enough time to do a Fantastic Four film by 2020.
    Not at all. It'll be next year before the merger happens (if it happens at all) and there's no way the studio could create a movie in less than a year.

And it seems to me that Marvel would be wise to leave the FF alone for a while anyway. All of their films have been terrible, and the last one didn't come out all that long ago (what, 2 years or something?). We've seen how a string of bad films can impact a movie; Justice League's box office was an embarrassment, in part because so many people had been burned by the previous films they wrote League off. The same thing seems to have happened (to a lesser degree) with Ed Norton's Hulk; after Ang Lee's fiasco people weren't as willing to give the property another try.

Let the stink of the FF wear off a little, *then* do the movie. Assuming, again, that the merger even goes through.

As for what the MCU will look like in the next few years.....you know what, I have no clue. I saw Infinity War yesterday, and the theories I had and the things I thought might happen never came to pass. I wasn't right about anything.

~ Black Panther.

Agents of Atlas would be great. Assuming done well, obviously.

I'd also very much be up for the Blade reboot, if only because I'd use it to introduce initially peripheral characters like Spitfire, Pete Wisdom, Hellstrom, Elsa Bloodstone, etc.

I'd then use Spitfire and Pete Wisdom in an MI:13 or Excalibur film with Captain Britain etc. (would be pleasing to use the deal with Fox to bring in Kitty and Betsy), and I'd use Hellstrom and Elsa Bloodstone in their own films or a team one. The end goal would be to introduce Jennifer Kale, Morbius, Werewolf by Night, Danny Ketch and Johnny Blaze and really open up that side of the MU - potentially crossing over with Doctor Strange.

My 3rd, least likely, but most desired MU film would be for GotG 3 to introduce Death's Head so that a solo can follow. Ideally littered with extremes of needless violence, in-jokes about Transformers, and a pointless scene where he steals a contract from Deadpool.
    Last edited by milton75; 04-29-2018 at 02:35 PM.

Guardians 3
    Black Widow
    Doctor Strange 2

Black Panther 2
    Spider-Man 3
    Eternals

Ant-Man 3
    Captain Marvel 2
    Vision and Scarlet Witch

Nova
    Avengers 5
    Black Widow 2

End of Phase Four

Fantastic Four and X-Men won't arrive until Phase 5 begins in 2024.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    I'm going to say the three that get movies in 2020 are . . .

Bloodstone
    Woodgod
    The 3-D Man
    The debut of the MCU 3-D Man in his own movie come 2020 is to be a marvelous surprise!
    Since the MCU Skrulls make their debut in 2019 their next appearance can be in a 3-D Man movie since in the comics the creation of the 3-D Man is linked to the Skrulls!

Or not. It's possible I just went insane after reading too many old issues of Marvel Premiere.
    This makes me curious to who was/were the one/ones who went insane after reading too many old issues featuring the marvel characters Starlord, Gamora, Drax, Groot and Rocket Racoon who make up the MCU Guardians of the Galaxy which led to them making their MCU debut in 2014.

The debut of the MCU 3-D Man in his own movie come 2020 is to be a marvelous surprise!

It would have to be the first 3-D man as the second one was killed off in agents of shield.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    It would have to be the first 3-D man as the second one was killed off in agents of shield.
    No, he wasn't. Delroy Garrett and John Garrett are two wildly different people. They're not related at all and Delroy hasn't even appeared on the show.
    You are my favorite thing, Peter. My very favorite thing.

BANNED

I bet on Kamala Khan (Ms. Marvel) film will be one of those 3. Since they will bring in Inhumans in 2019, the next possible step is Kamala.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by redrunner97 View Post
    Other than the obvious sequels we can expect, I'd guess:

Ghost Rider, Blade, Man-Thing (or possibly a Howling Commandos movie with their horror characters?)
    For 2020 I guess Man-Thing.

Nova, Eternals (if Star-Lord is revealed to be half-Eternal, maybe it'll give way for a broader presence?), or Alpha Flight (assuming it's considered it's own franchise that has reverted back to Marvel since being referenced in X2 - and Department H was referred to in Agents of SHIELD) to fill the cosmic gap after Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3.

Squirrel Girl, Howard the Duck, Moon Girl & Devil Dinosaur, or Ms. Marvel... because they're awesome.
    I guess none of these for 2020.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sansomon View Post
    The Defenders : Doctor Strange , Hulk (or else unable to use he She-Hulk),Silver Surfer (or if not possible release their rights Beta Ray Bill),Namor the Sub-Mariner,Valkyrie,Gargoyle,Son of Satan ,Nighthawk and Hellcat
    The Alpha Flight : Sasquatch , Guardian , Vindicator (Heather Hudson) , Snowbird , Shaman , Talisman , Northstar , Aurora , Puck , Marina
    The Winter Guard : Ursa Major , Darkstar , Winter Guardian (Nikolai Krylenko) , Crimson Dynamo
    IMO The Winter Guard would be great.