Page 1 of 100 123451151 ... LastLast

Default Conner Kent /kon-el appreciation 2021

OK new year, new thread.
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Happy New Year to Conner/Kon and all his fans .

Here’s to hoping our boy gets a good showing in Future State and present day Suicide Squad!

Last edited by Vordan; 01-01-2021 at 01:24 PM.

Looks like someone beat you to it.
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...reciation-2021
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

Well WE r using this one lol
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Again, something needs to be done about Conner. As long as Jon stays a teenager he loses any appeal.

No. Jon's the only one who loses any appeal from this. They can forcefully push him as the new Superman, that nobody asked for, all they want but I think Conner's still the one with a higher chance of actually sticking around considering he's got all the personality, the decades worth of history, and (I assume) the larger fanbase. He might stagnate for a while again, and I'm still not sure how I feel about this suicide squad direction, but I don't think Conner's in any real danger yet.

To me Conner and the YJ4 need to do their nightwing phase. Spread their wings metaphorically and go find themselves. The Suicide Squad is a step in that direction even its not exactly where we want him to go.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-01-2021 at 06:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    To me Conner and the YJ4 need to do their nightwing phase. Spread their wings metaphorically and go find themselves.
    Tim and Bart have both...kinda already done that. In fact Bart was kinda the first one to decide to step out of his namesake/mentor's shadow....By taking that mentor's old name....twice....baby steps lol

It's just a shame that Tim seems to be having a little regressive phase.

As for Conner, even before Jon came into the picture, it seemed like he'd been ready to move on from the Superboy name for a long time. As to what new name he'd take...I don't know. It's kinda plain but I wouldn't mind him just going by Kon-El.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Again, something needs to be done about Conner. As long as Jon stays a teenager he loses any appeal.

This is funny, DC is making Jon into a "try hard" "golden child" and ppl don't like them, atleast not in the long run.kon is getting real development,but not in a artifical way like jon has been pushed his while existince.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    No. Jon's the only one who loses any appeal from this. They can forcefully push him as the new Superman, that nobody asked for, all they want but I think Conner's still the one with a higher chance of actually sticking around considering he's got all the personality, the decades worth of history, and (I assume) the larger fanbase. He might stagnate for a while again, and I'm still not sure how I feel about this suicide squad direction, but I don't think Conner's in any real danger yet.
    Exaclty, ive been here since 93,jon as a teen is a new and flashy thing, you know "wow superman has a kid", Conner will be fine, actually better, time is in his side.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    To me Conner and the YJ4 need to do their nightwing phase. Spread their wings metaphorically and go find themselves.
    This is what we fans of the YJ4 have been saying and wanting for a very long time now, and STILL hope it will happen someday.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Don’t know how you’re getting that. Conner is in Young Justice, Titans, he’s already connected with people in big outside media projects. And I’d argue the appeal of Kon lies moreso in his struggles with his Kent/Luthor heritage, enjoyment of his powers, and desire to be his own man more than anything else.

But I think Kon being on the Suicide Squad is going to open new paths of storytelling for him anyway.

Oh hey Gaelforce, if it’s ok with SuperX, we’re using this as the official thread can you capitalize “Kon-El”? It’s petty I know but it’s driving me nuts that it’s lowercase since it’s my preferred name for Kon.

Tim and Bart have both...kinda already done that. In fact Bart was kinda the first one to decide to step out of his namesake/mentor's shadow....By taking that mentor's old name....twice....baby steps lol

It's just a shame that Tim seems to be having a little regressive phase.

As for Conner, even before Jon came into the picture, it seemed like he'd been ready to move on from the Superboy name for a long time. As to what new name he'd take...I don't know. It's kinda plain but I wouldn't mind him just going by Kon-El.
    Bart as Impulse is better than he is as kid flash Imo. He is his own character with thst name, he doesn't need to take another characters name to be successful.

Tim actually made the Robin name his own, in modern comics dick left it behind, and Tim came in, in a different and unique way, and has been a consistently great Robin since. I wouldn't really mind him staying Robin forever, I consider it his.

Kon/conner needs to move on, he is just begging for a push UP and OUT, it's so obvious, DC is really dumb for not doing it.
    BTW for names
    -Scion
    Synergy
    Supernova
    Sentinel
    Shepherd
    Savior
    Superstar
    Safeguard

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Don’t know how you’re getting that. Conner is in Young Justice, Titans, he’s already connected with people in big outside media projects. And I’d argue the appeal of Kon lies moreso in his struggles with his Kent/Luthor heritage, enjoyment of his powers, and desire to be his own man more than anything else.
    But I think Kon being on the Suicide Squad is going to open new paths of storytelling for him anyway.

Oh hey Gaelforce, if it’s ok with SuperX, we’re using this as the official thread can you capitalize “Kon-El”? It’s petty I know but it’s driving me nuts that it’s lowercase since it’s my preferred name for Kon.

You hit it right on the head about kons appeal, and we fans are not going anywhere, because there is to much that you can do with those things.

Sorry Gaelforce

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    This is funny, DC is making Jon into a "try hard" "golden child" and ppl don't like them, atleast not in the long run.kon is getting real development,but not in a artifical way like jon has been pushed his while existince.
    I wouldn't say his whole existence but..uh...you know what? Happy thoughts. I'm not gonna derail the Conner thread with my thoughts on how Jon's been these past two years lol

That said, yeah. Conner's honestly looking like he's in a better position right now. I'm not a huge fan of depowering him and putting him on the Suicide Squad but it's at least something...interesting lol

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    Bart as Impulse is better than he is as kid flash Imo. He is his own character with thst name, he doesn't need to take another characters name to be successful.
    I also prefer Bart as Impulse. But I liked what he was going for when he took the Kid Flash name. It's like what they're doing with Tim but it came off less like he's stuck in a role that he'd previously been moving away from for years. So it came off as a little less...pathetic.

Kon/conner needs to move on, he is just begging for a push UP and OUT, it's so obvious, DC is really dumb for not doing it.
    BTW for names
    -Scion
    Synergy
    Supernova
    Sentinel
    Shepherd
    Savior
    Superstar
    Safeguard
    Oh. I actually like Superstar and Supernova.
    Last edited by Blue22; 01-01-2021 at 07:56 PM.

I wouldn't say his whole existence but..uh...you know what? Happy thoughts. I'm not gonna derail the Conner thread with my thoughts on how Jon's been these past two years lol

That said, yeah. Conner's honestly looking like he's in a better position right now. I'm not a huge fan of depowering him and putting him on the Suicide Squad but it's at least something...interesting lol

I also prefer Bart as Impulse. But I liked what the was going for when he took the Kid Flash name. It's like what they're doing with Tim but it came off less like he's stuck in a role that he'd previously been moving away from for years. So it came off as a little less...pathetic.

Oh. I actually like Superstar and Supernova.
    I actually like Jon, and read everything he is in, judt have a problem with his artifical push and DC giving kon the swerve because of it.

I don't mind the depowering if its showing him struggle and trying to overcome things, I would hate it if they just did it so Jon can be the superman who can be superman, and Kon can't, or if kon just keeps getting knocked down and never has a chance to get up.

I like the Impulse identity, but with real growth, and I like Tim being THE Robin with real growth