Sage
    Monet
    Rogue
    Gambit
    Beast
    Bishop
    Wolverine
    Nightcrawler
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.

Fantastic Member

Does this team have to be exclusively composed of mutants or can I pick anyone (power or not), so long as the majority is mutant?
    Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Did anybody ever tell you that your writing style really matches your location?

Old Man Logan Part 2 with Steve McNiven. 'Nuff said.

Member Since Jun 2009 thecrimson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Platinius View Post
    Does this team have to be exclusively composed of mutants or can I pick anyone (power or not), so long as the majority is mutant?
    Go ahead if you'd like.

New X- Club.jpg

I really liked X-Club and think we could use with a revival.

X-Club 2.0 (or Kitty Pryde and the X-Club to boost sales)
    ------------------------
    Kitty Pryde - Leader - Computer Science
    Doug Ramsey/Cypher - Language - Coding
    Warlock - Alien Tech - Technoorganic.
    Danger - Holograms - Large Database
    Forge - Weapons and Tech creation
    Beast - Genetics, Biology, Chemistry.
    Prodigy - Wide array of Knowledge
    Madison Jefferies - Technokinetic Transmutation and Machine Possession.
    Sage - Technopathy and Strategy
    Dr. Nemesis - Intuitive Genius and Bad temperament.

There's quite a lot of overlap, but they each have their own personality and ideas so It'd be really interesting having them all working together to solve a global crisis, kind of like an Avengers AI situation equivalent.

Also a lot of inter-character drama between the team.
    Kitty and Doug's prior almost-relationship / Best friendship.
    DougxWarlockxDanger love triangle from ANXF.
    DangerxMaddison Jefferies former romance.
    Forge, Box and Nemesis rivalries with each other.
    Kitty and Beasts on/off friendship.
    Sage and Nemesis having a snark off.
    Prodigy being the youngest and potentially showing up everyone older than him.
    Last edited by Xargukon; 01-19-2015 at 10:55 AM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by thecrimson View Post
    Go ahead if you'd like.
    Nice, thank you

Colossus (a calm man with strong moral convictions who, while not being the smartest knife in the drawer, is definitely among the wisest X-Men and capable of deep insight, he is the foundation of the team just like the man he is named after)
    X-23 (Laura Kinney, tactician, tracker, ninja, needs emotionally adult friends, what more can I say)
    Pixie (she is funny, does some small magic other than teleport and is all round adorable, also the youngest of the team and the only one prone to more zany ideas)
    Psylock (primarily as a psychic, less as a ninja, needs functional people in her proximity badly, also seeks redemption for murdering so many)
    Forge (he is a builder and a shaman, he is also the eldest)
    Dani Moonstar (every team needs a leader and she's it, she also gets her original mutant powers back, she also gets her original powers back, Betsy shouldn't hog all the mind games)
    Dr. Cecilia Reyes (she likes repairing people, in more ways than one)
    Dust (Sooraya is kind and hails from a vastly different society and offers unique perspectives, she is also the team's ace in the hole and the first one Laura will turn to if she needs to talk)
    Dazzler (Alison simply brings the music and fireworks to any party, she is also good at incinerating troublemakers)

Psylock would be my first focus/point of view character (she is one of the better known characters of that group and is as such more approachable than let's say X-23 at first, the arc would not necessarily be about her, she knows all of them except perhaps Dust (I don't think they have ever interacted on screen), so the first arc would be about lovely Sooraya Quadir. Then I would simply try cycle though them, with one character who gets most exploration, while the others follow but are neither forgotten nor stealing the spotlight from the the one the arc is about.

I deliberately chose people that all have useful abilities, but are actually not among the most powerful characters, nor the most well known. Some may be more, some may be less, but all have a sizable fanbase that is yet not big enough to sustain a solo title or are at least are not hated by the public. While slowly putting the team together I made sure that that most characters actually can substitute each other in most (but not all ) ways. Bonus of having a rather large team which can also be split in two functional strike teams with relative ease should the need arise. The team is financed by the members day jobs, Colossus as construction worker or sculptor, Psylock, X-23 and Dani are private investigators who look for missing people (heart and soul) and counter industrial espionage (beer and pizza), Dazzler is Dazzler, Dust simply goes to school, so does Pixie, though after school she makes some cash with very quick and very (but not too ) expensive transportation of legal goods around the world, Cecilia is a physician and Forge is an engineer. Between all of them there have a serious income with Pixie! making the most. Within one hour of work, she can make ten deliveries easily worth 10.000 Euros each and that each day, extra pricy on weekends and holidays. Forge could make more, but then he would have to create and patent tools and weapons and then sell licenses to some producers of rather questionable goals and motives.

PS: In the end I didn't use any nonmutants, but I seriously thought about it, this is simply what came out
    PPS: I have just noticed that I only have two men on the team. I had no plans for diversity and simply picked who I thought fitted (and I also like) and far more women made the cut than men. An accident yes, but not an unpleasant one.
    PPS: I don't like jerks, therefore I have none on my team, however some of them can be very difficult at times, big enough source for drama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Did anybody ever tell you that your writing style really matches your location?

Mild-Mannered Reporter BlitheringToot's Avatar

My first choice would be a new X-Force book starring Maverick, Sabretooth, Marrow, Elysia of the Neo, Gambit, Mystique, Forge, Warpath and Psylocke. They wouldn't be quite as hardcore black-ops as some of the previous incarnations, but they'd still be the mutants working behind the scenes. Also I'd like to tease a romance between Adam X and Marrow ... just because.

Their major enemies would be a new Brotherhood of Mutants, led by Bishop and the inverted Havok, and consisting of the time-displaced Raze, Xavier Jr., and Fitzroy; Unus, Siena Blaze and Astra; Tartarus of the Neo; and Claremont's new-but-never-used Super Sabre and Commando. This Brotherhood is all about creating a new future for mutantkind, by any means necessary. The time-displaced characters use their knowledge of the future to carry out key assassinations, and X-Force has to fight to stay a step ahead of them.

Otherwise I'd want to write Uncanny X-Men. My roster would consist of Cyclops, Emma Frost, Banshee, Colossus, Jubilee (with plasma powers), Cable (fully healed) and Cecilia Reyes.
    "What would you prefer? Yellow spandex?" – Scott Summers, 2000

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Someone wants to use Maverick. .hell yeah
    X-Men Forever

I'd make mine a sort of version of the Exiles, but with the main characters from the 616 hurtling through time. Emplate and DOA resurrect a mutant, brainwash him, and send him to the JGS to kidnap M. The kidnapper gets M, using powers very familiar to her and a few others.

Storm sends a team of X-Men to rescue her and to find the mystery kidnapper. Beast gives them a doohickey to travel to Emplate's pocket dimension. The battle is joined, the doohickey gets damaged in the process, hurtling M and her fellow X-Men through different dimensions. The mystery kidnapper is unmasked, and it's...Synch. Their new mission: get home while surviving otherworldly extradimensional horrors on par with what Doctor Strange sees every day.

lineup:
    M (co-leader)
    Chamber (powerhouse, psychic)
    Jubilee (co-leader)
    Husk (brains and brawler)
    Synch (broken ace)
    Emplate (token evil teammate)
    DOA (comic relief, serial backstabber)
    Rockslide (snark machine)
    Anole (sidekick)
    Man-Thing (???)
    Storm Wolverine Nightcrawler Colossus Shadowcat Rogue Phoenix Magneto
    Mirage Cannonball Karma Sunspot Wolfsbane Magik Magma Cypher Warlock
    Jubilee Synch M Chamber Skin Husk

Quote Originally Posted by BlitheringToot View Post
    My first choice would be a new X-Force book starring Maverick, Sabretooth, Marrow, Elysia of the Neo, Gambit, Mystique, Forge, Warpath and Psylocke. They wouldn't be quite as hardcore black-ops as some of the previous incarnations, but they'd still be the mutants working behind the scenes. Also I'd like to tease a romance between Adam X and Marrow ... just because.

Their major enemies would be a new Brotherhood of Mutants, led by Bishop and the inverted Havok, and consisting of the time-displaced Raze, Xavier Jr., and Fitzroy; Unus, Siena Blaze and Astra; Tartarus of the Neo; and Claremont's new-but-never-used Super Sabre and Commando. This Brotherhood is all about creating a new future for mutantkind, by any means necessary. The time-displaced characters use their knowledge of the future to carry out key assassinations, and X-Force has to fight to stay a step ahead of them.

Otherwise I'd want to write Uncanny X-Men. My roster would consist of Cyclops, Emma Frost, Banshee, Colossus, Jubilee (with plasma powers), Cable (fully healed) and Cecilia Reyes.
    I like these. Cable should definitely go to Uncanny X-men now that X-Force is done.

i would make a mutant group that are not x-men. just former Villains finding their place in the world. they won't join the x-men or the hellfire club. they are too old for school and some don't care to join. this group will clash with every marvel hero group, because of their past. Shield has planted some agents in the group to make sure they don't do anything.

1.Amelia Voght
    2.Gargoullie
    3.neophyte
    4.Exodus- he is an immortal he can't die.
    5.Random
    6.Skids- Working for shield, trying to keep the group from going bad again
    7.Unuscione
    8.Dragoness
    9.Bliss
    10.Joseph
    The dream is dead, so wake up and fight!

I would go with this.

Rogue (Wonderman powers) - Leader
    Blink
    Sage
    Frenzy
    Rachel
    Cannonball - Co-Leader
    Dr. Nemesis
    Avalanche
    Madison Jeffries
    Northstar

BANNED

Otherworld

Quote Originally Posted by tazirai View Post
    i'd like a book based on the braddocks, and kwannon, make her part of the larger family, since she technically is now. I'd focus the book around their birthrights. Take it in a better direction than the remender otherworld tale.

first arc would focus on kwannon being alive again, who brought her back and why, keep the arcs at 4 issues. The person who brought her back would have been merlyn, himself reborn.
    Second arc would be a part two of the first, with kwannon now queen of otherworld, where does that leave the braddocks. It appears that a familiar foe is working the strings.
    Third arc would focus on the return of the true heirs and their quest to reclaim the birthright of the amulet and sword. Kwannon is accepted into the family, and the drama really begins as pete wisdom pops in for a visit.

then after the the first arc, i'd devote a single issue to each character, but have them all tie into the next arc of the series.
    Year two would have it be.
    Captain britain, and the fall out from the revolutionary war
    megan and her time in hell
    kwannon and her time being dead and her old family life.
    Betsy and her time as a member of x-force, the various teams (excluding bumphries like 3 days)

each story will be a lead into the next arc, cult of personality.
    Mid year would feature the braddocks reestablishing themselves as the go to team for the uk, but a new set of foes has plans to derail them, in the press.

fall-winter, split dimensions.
    After the bad publicity and repair by an old ally, the arrival of camelot in great britain brings all the fools who claim arthurian lineage to the fore. As the family work on that problem, the hand returns to claim their wayward daughters.

3rd year war in the uk.
    After the king is crowned in camelot, the hand continue to make moves to discredit and take out the braddocks, but allies in the form of adam destine and his clan lend a hand along with the knights of pendragon.
    Kwannon's father makes a return after helping end the war, his return serves as mixed emotions when a secret from deep in the braddock household is revealed.
    After a time of trials, tribulations, and familial secrets, the clan take a much needed vacation.. Yeah a vacation... Cross time caper redux, braddock style.

Incredible Member

Havok (leader)
    Cyclops (as the renegade trying to undermine his brother)
    Psylocke (favorite character)
    Monet
    Cecilia Reyes
    Joanna Cargill
    Iceman
    Northstar
    Colossus
    Domino.

Feels like a good mashup of abilities and personalities.