Page 350 of 772 FirstFirst ... 250300340346347348349350351352353354360400450 ... LastLast
Results 5,236 to 5,250 of 11576

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    right. now that you mention it. the galatic core feat relative to the reader and storm would have been so insignificant but imagine how the populations of people who lived on the very planets she drew energy from would have reacted to witnessing a star being born even for a brief moment. Ewing definitely did that today and im just so happy. its been so long since I could say that as an xmen fan.
    I hope we get a scene of it in Sword. I can easily see planets that were having night time having their skies shining brighter than day light. Or some planets the right light years away may still be seeing it or it may be the star that still sustains some. My mind is expanding really fast. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

In Ewing we trust!

Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I hope we get a scene of it in Sword. I can easily see planets that were having night time having their skies shining brighter than day light. Or some planets the right light years away may still be seeing it or it may be the star that still sustains some. My mind is expanding really fast. lol
    yes honey let it expand lol. Ewing took us back to these moments for a reason. it wasn't by accident.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    In Ewing we trust!

yoga i seriously shed a tear when I read it yesterday. he definitely exceeded anything I would have thought he would do. I'm just so filled with joy right now!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

And he did it in like, one page! All you other 'writers', take notes! Ewing showed them how it is done!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Hello, friendly reminder that you can enjoy today without being antagonistic or projecting a martyr complex. Thnx.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    And he did it in like, one page! All you other 'writers', take notes! Ewing showed them how it is done!
    right i was just telling a friend this that he shut so many many people up with one panel. ended so many debates and arguments oh it feels soooo good today to be a storm fan!

I'm on cloud 9!!!

Last edited by butterflykyss; 06-23-2021 at 10:06 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Incredible Member

He referenced the Acanti when she borrowed energy from millions of Stars and celestial bodies. He also referenced her godhead when she oneshotted a multiversal Demon with just one lightning bolt.

Didn't he also retcon that doombot showing?

We might be in for a treat.

Quote Originally Posted by KLY360 View Post
    He referenced the Acanti when she borrowed energy from millions of Stars and celestial bodies. He also referenced her godhead when she oneshotted a multiversal Demon with just one lightning bolt.

Didn't he also retcon that doombot showing?

We might be in for a treat.
    well funny you should bring that up. Ewing actually did retcon the retcon Byrne did back to the original story Claremont wrote.

https://scans-daily.dreamwidth.org/4844378.html

check out the link it explains it all.

storm on the cover of BP

with her new title I wonder how this all will work together

Spectacular Member

This one panel is astounding in the way that it does so much in so little time. As I think about it, it makes everything that has happened involving Storm from House of X until now make so much more sense. It also completely embraces and solidifies her experiences in the pages of BP as being an essential part of her character development and arc. It also beautifully tied up her past and made this moment a complete manifestation of the promise shown before. Finally, it has provided major potential and legs for Storm as a character and created a pathway to truly embrace her as a meaningful character across the marvel universe. Again all of this was done in ONE PANEL. I don’t know if I have ever seen something of such brevity be so effective!

well funny you should bring that up. Ewing actually did retcon the retcon Byrne did back to the original story Claremont wrote.

https://scans-daily.dreamwidth.org/4844378.html

check out the link it explains it all.

storm on the cover of BP

with her new title I wonder how this all will work together

Right! You have the emperor of an intergalactic empire dating the Queen of a planet filled with millions of mutants half of which are bloodthirsty war hungry monsters. They probably have the two most powerful Kingdoms in the galaxy.
    After reading Priest's run on Black Panther, I can truly said I've learned nothing, but I remember everything!
    I'm back from the Djailia!
    Since D9 exists in the MU, T'challa is definitely an Alpha! (Don't Debate me)

What do you think the rent is like on Mars? Because I am trying to go live in Queen Ororo's court

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr2xMRSObto

Quote Originally Posted by mbeezy561 View Post
    Right! You have the emperor of an intergalactic empire dating the Queen of a planet filled with millions of mutants half of which are bloodthirsty war hungry monsters. They probably have the two most powerful Kingdoms in the galaxy.
    I resent the term “monsters” they are just very diverse
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Sdawg View Post
    This one panel is astounding in the way that it does so much in so little time. As I think about it, it makes everything that has happened involving Storm from House of X until now make so much more sense. It also completely embraces and solidifies her experiences in the pages of BP as being an essential part of her character development and arc. It also beautifully tied up her past and made this moment a complete manifestation of the promise shown before. Finally, it has provided major potential and legs for Storm as a character and created a pathway to truly embrace her as a meaningful character across the marvel universe. Again all of this was done in ONE PANEL. I donÂ’t know if I have ever seen something of such brevity be so effective!
    beautifully said my friend. that was my biggest issue with some of the previous xstories in that they seemed to want to either subtly reference what was occurring in black panther or completely ignore it. I didn't understand why the xoffices would give Coates the space to do what he did with her while at the same time ignoring what he was doing there.

nevertheless, with this issue as you pointed out removed any doubt left in the regard pertaining to her development in that book. there are so many directions they can bow take her and reaffirming what coates did shows the xoffices can do whatever they had planned with her while not disregarding the positive development we saw in black panther. Ewing is showing how writers should handle canon and I love it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mbeezy561 View Post
    exactly. tchalla and ororo both are literally the most powerful beings in the solar system right now. they both doing big things on a galatic level and if written with care they both could potentially do some a lot of good with that power.

that said, though within the bp books they have been shown working together the xbooks do appear to be trying to setup some potential conflict down the line. I hope they both at the end if it are able to work through whatever troubles are to come their way.

exactly. tchalla and ororo both are literally the most powerful beings in the solar system right now. they both doing big things on a galatic level and if written with care they both could potentially do some a lot of good with that power.

that said, though within the bp books they have been shown working together the xbooks do appear to be trying to setup some potential conflict down the line. I hope they both at the end if it are able to work through whatever troubles are to come their way.
    Just imagine the training excercises. The most naturally advanced planet and the most eco friendly technologically advanced country. The training excercises alone to build rapport could be awesome. I'm glad they didn't put it in a nice bow or make them vote for it. For the first time in a lot of ways tchalla and Storm are on truly equal footing. I'm here for it. And they are a gate away, it could work.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Just imagine the training excercises. The most naturally advanced planet and the most eco friendly technologically advanced country. The training excercises alone to build rapport could be awesome. I'm glad they didn't put it in a nice bow or make them vote for it. For the first time in a lot of ways tchalla and Storm are on truly equal footing. I'm here for it. And they are a gate away, it could work.
    yes you are right j! she is a queen in her own right not due to marriage and this allows both to operate in their respective corners without being in the shadow of the other. I never perceived it as such but I know there are some who do so this removes that.

it could totally work. I'm rooting for them both in their respective roles.

I love how Ewing in one panel just made storm the most important mutant in marvel right now and also solidified her place as a real goddess. No gimmicks, not retcons, no possessions, no items to claim which she always was!!! I love it. This is how it should be done!!