Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    The one thing I feel ready, willing, and able to comment on is that at least Frank Cho drew Gwen like she was wearing actual clothing and not body paint.
    Jessica doesn`t have a hoodie and her "body paint" is mostly of one color sans boots and gloves. That`s about the major difference.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    Jessica doesn`t have a hoodie and her "body paint" is mostly of one color sans boots and gloves. That`s about the major difference.
    And having seen the actual Frank Cho redraw of Milo Manara's Spider-Woman variant, I stand by my earlier comment. Cho's version at least makes her look like she's wearing actual skintight fabric that hugs her body somewhat like fabric actually would instead of like she's wearing paint.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

AngelGroveRadioPodcast powerpackers90's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    Contorted with boob socks?

Phantom Lady is really the only thing that stands out that I can think of.
    Right here dude
    22-18.jpg
    and this
    millie_31m.jpg
    Angel Grove Radio
    The "ALL NEW" Spider-Man's Tangled Web-Show ON YOUTUBE!!!!

If I hadn't already dropped Spider-Gwen after the first issue (cos it's so very, very blah), I suspect Rodriguez's tweet and subsequent "we have to do it for the people!!" 'explanation' of said ludicrous tweet would have probably done the job. Even if Spider-Gwen had been a genuinely good book. Which it isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpackers90 View Post
    Right here dude
    22-18.jpg
    and this
    millie_31m.jpg
    She doesn't have a magic spine or gravity-defying assets and clothing. That stuff's some "aw shucks" grandpa sexy. Gwen is "presenting" in the Cho cover.

This is a great push against the censorship and moral panic wave hitting the industry right now.

Quote Originally Posted by megaharrison View Post
    This is a great push against the censorship and moral panic wave hitting the industry right now.
    Let's not get hysterical just because we don't all agree on how nude and sexy a comic book character should be.

Quote Originally Posted by yet another View Post
    Let's not get hysterical just because we don't all agree on how nude and sexy a comic book character should be.
    It's not hysterical. There's a moral panic against comics right now (this time from the left, instead of the right as was the case with the CCA) that comics are sexist/racist and it has resulted in censorship. I mean there's a new outrage every week by this point, despite the Big 2 walking on eggshells to appease these crowds.

If that is the case, then I have to conclude its because comics have gone more mainstream as a result of the movie successes. Which is a good thing if so. But its pretty likely that eventually the comic field will die back down and most of the moral activists will go back to ignoring it.

BANNED

It's not hysterical. There's a moral panic against comics right now (this time from the left, instead of the right as was the case with the CCA) that comics are sexist/racist and it has resulted in censorship. I mean there's a new outrage every week by this point, despite the Big 2 walking on eggshells to appease these crowds.
    What censorship?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    If that is the case, then I have to conclude its because comics have gone more mainstream as a result of the movie successes. Which is a good thing if so. But its pretty likely that eventually the comic field will die back down and most of the moral activists will go back to ignoring it.
    I think that's kinda messed up. Sure, there may be some extreme "moral activists" out there, but most folks probably just wanna enjoy a new or renewed hobby without having to feel like they're breaking into a weird pervert club.

Probably most comic fans, new or old, feel the same. But I don't know what censorship is being referred to here anyway.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Lel

So Frank Cho responds to criticism of his Spider-Gwen pic by making one of Harley Quinn in the same pose.

It's like the whole change the cover thing with Batgirl.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    What censorship?
    The recent Batgirl variant cover fiasco. :^)
    BB

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    The recent Batgirl variant cover fiasco. :^)
    That's not censorship.