Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Mighty Member

As usual, I loved this issue. So disappointed that my two favorite titles, with a slightly more complex look at Krakoa and the new status-quo, Hellion and Sword, ended.

Regarding Brand, I don't think she betrayed the mutants for Orchis: as she said in the first few issues, her allegiance is to Earth not to any particular faction.

It's interesting to finally see mutants with different opinions, who don't blindly follow Krakoa's vision. That's the only thing that bothered me in this new period: I can believe that 70 or 80% of the mutants follow Krakoa's vision, especially with the promise of immortality, but 100%? in such a short time? We will finally see, like in all nations different visions, oppositions... it will be interesting.
    Last edited by lordozone; 12-22-2021 at 12:49 PM.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

Try as they might, Storm is trapped in a vicious cycle where all she does are fights to the death with knives and show off powers.

It's so boring...

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    So, Brand has megalomania and wants to have the entire Solar System under her control.

Cool concept for X-Men Red, I guess.
    She's kinda like Sheev this issue seeing Storm as her Anakin.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    Giant Sized Astonishing X-Men #1, an alien calls her "Agent Brand" and she says "Brand is not my given name" before burning him in the face with her powers, which is the same explanation Ewing gives for the name here.

So basically, it's been established for her whole history as a character give or take a few issues.
    Wouldn't her given name be "Abigail?"

Quote Originally Posted by lordozone View Post
    As usual, I loved this issue. So disappointed that my two favorite titles, with a slightly more complex look at Krakoa and the new status-quo, Hellion and Sword, ended.

Regarding Brand, I don't think she betrayed the mutants for Orchis: as she said in the first few issues, her allegiance is to Earth not to any particular faction.

It's interesting to finally see mutants with different opinions, who don't blindly follow Krakoa's vision. That's the only thing that bothered me in this new period: I can believe that 70 or 80% of the mutants follow Krakoa's vision, especially with the promise of immortality, but 100%? in such a short time? We will finally see, like in all nations different visions, oppositions... it will be interesting.
    it was never 100% because not every mutant was on Krakoa so what are you even talking about

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    it was never 100% because not every mutant was on Krakoa so what are you even talking about
    True and not all those on Krakoa have been fully on board. Logan and Husk off the top of my head.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    Need to find the issues, but there is a doc by Hickman that said that beside Franklin (when he was still a mutant) and some russians or Latverians mutants, every Mutants in the world were behind Krakoa and his vision of mutantkind. Maybe I'm wrong, but there was a general consensus among the mutants, and a lack of questioning of the laws, processes and vision, which is quite amazing for a new nation. But then again, the promise of immortality can get a lot of things through.
    Last edited by lordozone; 12-22-2021 at 01:06 PM.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

Need to find the issues, but there is a doc by Hickman that said that beside Franklin (when he was still a mutant) and some russians or Latverians mutants, every Mutants in the world were behind Krakoa and his vision of mutantkind.
    You can be part of a country or movement and not be 100% in agreement with every decision that is made.

Need to find the issues, but there is a doc by Hickman that said that beside Franklin (when he was still a mutant) and some russians or Latverians mutants, every Mutants in the world were behind Krakoa and his vision of mutantkind.
    Krakoa's population was 200,000 while off Krakoa it was 10,000 according to Reed Richards so that's 95% who were a live at the time.

That's not counting the mutants that are still being brought back and will choose to go there own way. That's also not counting the people who were on Krakoa who had issues with things going on the island.

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    I know about the confidence thing, but it's so overused! His character is usually treated like a chump when he should be a powerhouse. Other villains with weaknesses for telepaths don't get so easily knocked out over and over again. I really like him and every time I read him, he has major confidence issues, so it's a bummer for me.
    They literally created the perfect assassination cell for the most difficult person to kill in the galaxy the shiar empress. So they taking him out is actually on theme.

Well...Red is about to be JUICY.

I totally called it! I said months ago Brand made much more sense as the mole. That said it doesn't make a whole lot of sense, and SWORD never really felt like it had much plot. Brand is some kind of untouchable genius who nobody suspects or stops her from doing her nonsense.

Everything with the Imperial Guard felt like a joke. Like, good for Storm blowing these guys away. Except the entire Imperial Guard died on a diplomatic visit to her domain, after being blown off and ignored on official business. This should be a diplomatic catastrophe even if she stopped the complete assassination.

I saw someone mention Cassandra Nova. Is she showing up somewhere?
    Last edited by pkingdom; 12-22-2021 at 02:04 PM.

Brand was perfectly fine with destroying Australia if it accelerated Krakoa's downfall. She is obviously an X-men Red villain.

I bet that one of if not all seats of NIGHT see whats going on around the planet. Storm may be the least of her worries once the Arrakki figure it out

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    I bet that one of if not all seats of NIGHT see whats going on around the planet. Storm may be the least of her worries once the Arrakki figure it out
    They totally do. I won't be surprised if the night seat comprises of eldritch beings from amneth the place where the arrakii were all this while. The story potential is immense for xmen red and it can easily open the doors to well everything for the mutants as a whole. Why are many arrakii immortal, what happened to them in amneth and why did tarn silence idyl the omega precog.