Page 230 of 661 FirstFirst ... 130180220226227228229230231232233234240280330 ... LastLast
Results 3,436 to 3,450 of 9901

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell's Brigade View Post
    “Of course, as soon as I locate the damn Lookout and we get there, I’ll have her wounds tended to more carefully.”
    "Thank you, Jinzi."

With most matters tended to, save the reunion between her and her blade, Ishtar nodded weakly more to herself, than for anyone in the room. "When you are ready, as well, you may do what you must with that mechanical arm."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Default Transitional Post: Ochazuke's Fever Dream

In the ward where Zaofan had left him, Ochazuke lay on a bed recovering. Beads of sweat rolled down his face into a soaked pillow, born from the fever of his body attempting to right itself by drawing upon its resources to fight an enemy within. Natural defenses moved without understanding leaving him now in a vulnerable state of flux. Roiling in the chaos he had fallen captive to a deep slumber as his body fought to stay alive and his soul sought to restore its balance.

When he loosed the focused energy of his spirit he'd stuck out at the Beast of the Fallen One with the fullness of his being. Drawing upon his life-force to augment the effort had its price and left his soul at a deficiency. The receded ebb of Ochazuke's soul exposed its vulnerability on the shallows of ego. Held captive to dreams, there was no control as his mind wandered adrift the channels through which the soul coursed, trying to level off and find direction once more.
    As he breathed memories were revived and moved once more. There in the darkness the scent of vanilla and tamarind lingered on the walls of a nostalgic prison.

"Where are you looking?"

He hadn't noticed the words until her shin collided against the far side of his jaw. He felt his nerves still and then plunge into freefall. Lifting his listless gaze as his vision blurred, he turned towards the source of the voice.

"The first lesson of Hakkyoku Ko-ou Ken. The Tiger King's is a fist of life."

Steely words carried on the hot breath of a predator. The smirking face of a tiger.

"And life can strike a man down. But only if you let it. So you gotta fight back, Zosui."

Zosui. Long ago it had been a mask he'd worn. This heir of the Tiger Style had disgraced an entire school of a ranked Crane master. What was his name? The plucked coward rather than stand for his pupils deferred to his elder, like a child crying to his father over ruined toys.

"I'll endeavor to do my best, teacher."

In older times to avoid becoming prey, men would hunt tigers in the mangrove forests by wearing a masks on the backs of their heads. Because the tiger had no idea which way the hunters were looking, they could not press their advantage and faltered.
    Chahan sent Ochazuke to hunt this Tiger, and his mask was that of a prospective student. To defend the honour of his master, he would feign allegiance to another, and when the time came, she would never see it coming. But during the humiliation wreathed in the trappings of a novice in deference to this woman, he had played his role too well. He gained a greater perspective.

He learned. Five rival schools. Eight extremities. One foundation. As his appetite for knowledge grew, she saw through him; The easy recuperation and lack of sweat gave that away.

Slowly he grew lucid, aware of the dream. Why was it in this place that he sought his comfort? Even as he was aware, he moved in the memory-echo, a prisoner of his own body.

She always had a knack for figuring things out.

"Imagine if you could know everything a person was thinking?"

Fangs and claws sheathed, she put that bottle back to her lips.Vanilla and tamarind.

"Do you mean fighting patterns?"

"Nah, that's easy. Go high with the left, you bait a reaction, make 'em flinch it's over. Blah-blah. Easy."

He'd taken the bottle from her and took a swig. It lit his throat and palate on fire. Never again. She said it was the final test before she'd reveal her new technique, one for disappearing.

She never knew why he asked to learn it.

“But the real truth? Ah, now wouldn't that be something. Concealing it is easy.”

And a hunter who chases two marks catches neither.

Burning hot, the energy beam passed through his back and tore through his chest. Blood erupted and filled an empty space before pooling on the floor where he was brought low.

“I gave you this, my son. All of it. Such a waste. But there are others.”

The shade of crane's wings spread darkness to his room, and the violent lashing echoed, deafening his ears. Ochazuke remembered staring with unblinking eyes as Chahan snuffed out the Tiger School that day.

“There are so many others. Your final lesson before you die.”

He snapped his fingers once. There was a flash, the echo of silence. Then nothing.

"Just imagine if you could see it coming?"

The last time he used Kikojutsu was when he first confronted death. Desperate to live, to survive, he drew upon part of his life to push the shadow back. His will fanned the fire and sealed the wound. But even if he could do anything, it was too late for her. In the sanctuary of his mind he stood over her broken body and watched her die.

But that was not how the story ended. It was knowledge of this lie that opened his eyes and pulled Ochazuke back to a world of pain, pooled sweat, and tears that could never come. He woke to a dull ache over the left side of his chest and clutched the scar from the exit wound above his heart.

"Kenshiko..."

How much time had passed between the battle and now? Sitting up he leaned forward with a terse groan, collecting his breath. His pulse slowed to hard beats and his skin cooled as he exhaled. Swinging his legs off the bed, he found a training shirt filed away in a cabinet and replaced his top.

Chou, Nunlil, the sneak-thief. The hand of the Fallen One, Fife, had blight his vision, and he hadn't seen them coming. Walking out of the ward, he stood tall. There was much still to do. Until then, the fire over his heart would not stop burning.

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post

Totoma met Jack's gaze. He remained silent until Jack had finished speaking entirely.

"Yeah, sure," said Totoma, walking towards the Arena. As he walked he began loosening himself up and doing a few basic stretches that didn't require him to stop. With all these life-and-death battles, it'd be nice to have a friendly spar.

"So, anything goes, or we gonna have some ground rules?" He asked once he was in the arena. He began doing more thorough stretches, particularly those for the lower body. He hadn't noticed how stiff he'd gotten in the healing tank. Jeez.
    Jack stretched as well, "I'd say no killing, if you kill the other guy, you lose," Jack grinned, "So don't do that." Jack pulled another hand rolled from his new jacket and lit it. "I'd also say that we should keep the maiming to a minimum. I know we have the healing tanks, but considering the events of today," Jack let the reality of Ishtar's permanent arm loss hang in the air for a moment, "Let's jut not do that, cool?"

"I'm interested to see what you got, Totoma," Jack said as he fell into a fighting stance, "You've mentioned that you used to be a lot stronger, right? Been in a lot of tough battles? Beating me should be a sure bet, I'd wager."

"Whenever you're ready."

Having stepped away for some privacy, Meagan changed from the armor back into her normal clothes. The armor outfit was great, but she would need time to get used to wearing it. For now, she decided to keep it in her wardrobe capsule along with her otrher spare clothes. What was once a dramatic cape, was now a simple shash wrapped around her waist.

With the capsule pouch secured under her sash, she returned to the others.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

He then draws the power again, this time blue and a second time. A green one. As he fills up his slots. Divine Beast cpu hud responds to him.:

“ Wish to cast off? It will boost the power of your next attack.”
    : He shook his head.:

“ No. no need for that. I do not want to nuke my team mates.” As it then cools down. This was all internal monologue, but no. He knows better.:

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "I did not take you for blind optimism, Koorimaru." Ishtar stated, simply. "Beyond that, Kami is only useful if one means to use these ... trinkets."

Perhaps it was callous, but it was the truth of things; and these two were in the way of checking up on Nunlil.
    “For us, or for anyone.” Koorimaru replies, the slightest signs of effort used to maintain an expression of composed security betraying him only briefly, “The fact remains Kami is better off in our hands than in Fife’s.”

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    "That would be a welcome boon," Slak says. "...so long as we do not run into Fife."
    "You have the right of it, though I fear we should not expect things to work out so well for us." Koorimaru nodded to the Namekian, "With his few allies dwindling, he will be all the more pushed to take an active role in securing his objectives. Indeed, what Nunlil has revealed of Fife's methods of persuasion is most troubling. If he was able to coerce so formidable a warrior as her, it's only too likely he employed similar methods against the remainder of his followers." Koorimaru traced a finger against his chin as a thought crossed his mind, "Though they say that allies brought through threats are nothing more than traitors in the making."

Ninlil pauses, gazing at them, then after a moment, nods.

“Until you deem balance restored, I will train you, little cousin.”

Jinzi nods again, reassuring the oni’s that he had their backs.

“I would suggest she remain celled while not training, Ishtar. Just to be on the safe side, for everyone’s sakes.”
    "If I might add, now that you see there is more benefit to you in our victory than in Fife's, perhaps you might be in a position to convince one who had served the same master as you. As I stated, the Vitalmancer is our captive. While I do not know his motives, it may perhaps be prudent to turn him to our cause." Koorimaru interjected before turning to the rest of the party, "We should also gather as much information as we can about Fife's new ally as well. If he seeks to recruit this new ally in the same way he has recruited others, perhaps we can further delay his plans, if not outright cripple them."

It was then that he addressed Jinzi directly, "And forgive me, my dear Pantaloon, but I do believe you requested our presence earlier for some business. I'm afraid that I'd spent far too much time down here with Ninlil. I would only be too happy to be briefed on the business you had with the others while I was down here."

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    While focused on Jack at the time, Totoma did catch the flinch in the corner of his vision. Given the context, it was probably related to that person she'd started to compare him to. Probably not a good thing, either. Ah well.

He also caught the giggle. Weird hearing a purebred laugh any way other than derisively or mockingly. Jack was right. She didn't have much of a poker face. She had less of a poker face than him, and he was actively trying not to do that.

"Hm."

"Ah, yeah, with Mister Ochazuke. Must have surprised you, seeing me open up to him with... stuff I never really shared with you," said Totoma. "I took a chance with that, and it... paid off, at least a little. He gave me a lot to think about."

Just being goaded into thinking about his... everything... at all would probably be enough. Eventually, anyway. Re-examine and dissect everything... rebuild himself. Figure out what's important to him, and why it's important. Take that and finally begin live.

A frightening proposition, for him, but he had to do it. This was do-or-die, just like with learning to fly all those years ago, so... he was confident he could do it. Okay, mostly confident. Maybe he'd need a few more kicks in his ass.

The metaphorical kind. Hopefully.

Totoma met Jack's gaze. He remained silent until Jack had finished speaking entirely.

"Yeah, sure," said Totoma, walking towards the Arena. As he walked he began loosening himself up and doing a few basic stretches that didn't require him to stop. With all these life-and-death battles, it'd be nice to have a friendly spar.

"So, anything goes, or we gonna have some ground rules?" He asked once he was in the arena. He began doing more thorough stretches, particularly those for the lower body. He hadn't noticed how stiff he'd gotten in the healing tank. Jeez.
    Initially, Karine had been confused of why Totoma was spilling part of his life story to a complete stranger and one that seemed to not mince his words in the slightest. It was only until she took a step back to really examine the situation did she understand more of the 'why' part which was among the most important things to ask when understanding much of anything. There was a reason that word was repeated over and over again when someone was just growing up from childhood.

She understood a bit more. If anything perhaps she'd have to judge if a situation merited a gentle nudge or more 'tough love'. Hm..she'd see. Her mother was always much better at that then she was.

At the announcement of the spar, Karine hung back since she had no desire to see him or Jack pummeled after what happened. "Good luck you two. I'll see you later."

Besides, she had a few people to visit.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    At some point, Asha'rah approached Etrina. The mage had been relatively quiet of late, always immersed in one form of research or another. But what little Asha'rah had seen, she respected. Dedication, logic, honor, level-headedness - she truly was Erosa's other half. Yet given what Erosa had revealed of their past, and what Erosa's own birth and history implied, Asha'rah feared that the crucial aspects of humanity Etrina neglected might come back to bite her. Erosa had asked Asha'rah to light her sister's darkness. It seemed overly presumptuous to believe she could do so, but she would touch Etrina's life if she would have her, and see where things went from there.

"Greetings, Etrina. Have you learnt much about the urn you took charge of?"
    Out of all the signatures of the group, Asha's seemed to be the absolutely most confusing. Not all races had a natural magical or supernatural energy about them and it became readily apparent of the general feel of a 'mundane' member compared to something else. Not that anything was better mind, just that there was an entirely different weight and feeling. Ishstar for example being what she was, the later's energy was far more pronounced then most, if not all of the group. However, Asha'rah energy was that and more. There was a weight behind it she couldn't quite put her finger on, similar but more dense then Kami's.

Kami had said she wasn't a "true" deity so she had to wonder what a real one would feel like, assuming she'd be able to feel them at all.

..Actually come to think of it..I could almost swear Ash'rah and Ishstar's energy reminds me of each other but that doesn't make any sense. Not the same feel but..

It was extremely curious, but until she really studied it she'd dismiss it as a error on her part. There were finer points of energy sensing she'd miss at times, after all.

It wasn't too long until she found her intended target along side what was Etrina? At least, if she recalled she was sure that was the name. "Ash'rah its good to see you, I was hoping to talk to you if its not a bad time." Her gaze turned towards Etrina. "And I don't think we have met before. My name is Karine Cromwell, its nice to meet you."

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KamenRaida View Post
    “For us, or for anyone.” Koorimaru replies, the slightest signs of effort used to maintain an expression of composed security betraying him only briefly, “The fact remains Kami is better off in our hands than in Fife’s.”

"You have the right of it, though I fear we should not expect things to work out so well for us." Koorimaru nodded to the Namekian, "With his few allies dwindling, he will be all the more pushed to take an active role in securing his objectives. Indeed, what Nunlil has revealed of Fife's methods of persuasion is most troubling. If he was able to coerce so formidable a warrior as her, it's only too likely he employed similar methods against the remainder of his followers." Koorimaru traced a finger against his chin as a thought crossed his mind, "Though they say that allies brought through threats are nothing more than traitors in the making."

"If I might add, now that you see there is more benefit to you in our victory than in Fife's, perhaps you might be in a position to convince one who had served the same master as you. As I stated, the Vitalmancer is our captive. While I do not know his motives, it may perhaps be prudent to turn him to our cause." Koorimaru interjected before turning to the rest of the party, "We should also gather as much information as we can about Fife's new ally as well. If he seeks to recruit this new ally in the same way he has recruited others, perhaps we can further delay his plans, if not outright cripple them."

It was then that he addressed Jinzi directly, "And forgive me, my dear Pantaloon, but I do believe you requested our presence earlier for some business. I'm afraid that I'd spent far too much time down here with Ninlil. I would only be too happy to be briefed on the business you had with the others while I was down here."
    Ninlil nods.

“I will speak to this Vitalmancer if you wish.”

Jinzi then nods and hands Koorimaru a small case. Inside is a neural link patch to put on ones neck and three small metallic spheres.

“Your Void tunnel is amazing, but I noticed it seemed eyeline based. With that neural link, you could command these recon drones to scout around a battlefield and let you see places your eyes cannot. I believe you’d be able to cast your Void Tunnel through them then, as you would be seeing what they see. If it works, your range would no longer be inhibited by what you can see.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

“Of course, as soon as I locate the damn Lookout and we get there, I’ll have her wounds tended to more carefully.”
    Sarada listened quietly, taking note of everything that was said. They had managed to turn the red Oni over to their side, it seemed.

Fine.

She still wanted to kill her for her actions earlier, but if she was just a puppet, she wasn't worth the effort. Saving Kami was the much more pressing issue. While Fife wouldn't kill her while she was still linked to the dragonballs, there was a very long list of things he could do to her that wouldn't result in death.

Ishtar seemed more concerned with the Oni. No surprise, as they were of the same species. Jinzi mentioned a 'lookout' as being the place they were going to be going next. "Who's this lookout you're looking for?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

“It’s a hidden location where Kami lives. It’s mobile, however, ever sense old Kami fell so he and others like him couldn’t find it.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "Death would have been a kindness," Ishtar replied almost without hesitation. "She would have simply returned home ... but she was banished from Otherworld; it would have been ... much worse." Though she supposed there was a passing kindness in the selfish act of keeping Nunlil alive. Preventing the woman from dying what would have undoubtedly have been a slow and painful death- assuming she had been slowly ripped apart by the others- was something of a mercy.
    "Otherworld.." He repeated gently, recalling the name. Ishtar had explained it as the afterlife. If that was exact, it did bring up an interesting question. What would happen to the dead if they were banished from death?

Ishtar seemed to hold the answer, and did not consider it a good one. Which, Held couldn't dispute.

Yet it was as much for Ishtar's sake, as it was for the others.

"In the end there was a balance of more consequence than my own body. That will be enough for now."
    Whatever that truth held, Ishtar seemed to consider the loss of an arm to be a small price to pay for subjecting one of her own to whatever unknown fate awaited them.

“I suppose your reasoning is sound enough.” Held with a sigh, “And for better or worse, the only one seriously injured from her appearance, is the one who decided to save her, so....It's fine.”

There was a a word unspoken. 'Maybe'. While Held would---reluctantly--honor Ishtars wishes, he would not fault the others for being less kind. The man she had come with had sought the Dragonballs, and was dispatched with nothing resembling mercy.

To leave so formidable a warrior simply lying in wait, was simply a danger some might not so easily abide.

The Nevadian was...

Intrigued, by the risk, confident in his own abilities to handle whatever surprise might come about as the result of Ishtar's wishes.

Held spoke of altering time, and it caused a noticeable shift in Ishtar. She stood somewhat straighter, weak muscles tensing as if in preparation for something. The moment passed however, and the woman relaxed slightly. "I am familiar with the manipulation of time, Held. I would not suffer it again ..."

She spoke softly, "Kami tampering with my timeline to bring me here has been enough to last me several more centuries." Though with the way she spoke, it seemed apparent Kami's gentle tampering had not been the first time the Oni had experienced temporal manipulation.
    “Huh?” Held arched an eyebrow in surprise, the response catching him unaware. “I wasn't being litteral...”

Just what kind of world was this girl from? And just how powerful is Kami....I knew her power had to span great distances to reach me, but even time?

He considered asking her to expand on what she meant. He could fathom that she had been moved forwards...Or backwards, but he got the feeling there was something more beneath the surface.

But such questions could wait until Ishtar was in a stronger state.

He wanted her to rest regardless, however. Even going so far as to offer collecting the shards of her sword in order to secure such a thing. That was ...

"Acceptable." She replied flatly. "I had collected the shards in Chuan's shirt before Nunlil and ... Chou, launched their attack. Perhaps they are still there."
    ....I guess that certainly makes it clear. I guess the bulk of that injury was from Chou, if his doppleganger showed up as the same time as Nunlil...

Held had confirmed that resting would do nothing; yet the sword meant more to her than most things. To see it returned to her in exchange for simply sitting down did not seem like something she could reasonably deny. It might even allow her the time to clear her head. However ... there were things yet she wished to attend to; the fate of her cousin, Nunlil was one.

"I will be visiting my cousin, Ninlil, before I do what you wish of me however." Ishtar said, then.

"Thank you, Held."
    He smiled slightly, pleased that she had agreed to their bargain. He would have been at his wits end, had she refused, short of forcibly strapping her to a bed and hoping she lacked the strength to escape.

“It's the least I can do.” He replied, slowly turning away. “I would say something about waiting to talk to your....err....'cousin'...?”

The term surrpised him, but he decided to overlook it. It could be discussed later.

“But I feel you would insist, and perhaps I shall quit while I am ahead, for once....”

He bent over, picking up his precious spear, placing it over his shoulder.

“I'll see you soon enough, then.”

With a slightly brisker step, the Nevadian proceeded to do what he had promised to.

He then decides to make the announcement.: “ Does anyonevwish to spar against me? It’ll be fun.” He knew they all hated him. Not like he cares. Either they back down, he wins. If they take him up, he will not nuke. But will be competent.:

:He likes the odds so far.:

Astonishing Member

Training hall?

Battlefield would have been a more apt description. The area looked like a warzone. Where had once been a pristine arena, now was filled with chaos.

Scorch marks, all sorts of stone crumpled into dust, filling the large dents in the marred steel floor on which the Nevadian stood.

It was hard to believe that a scant few hours ago, it was where an lighthearted—but still intense—training session had taken place. That lightheartedness had vanished, replaced by a very real, and very serious danger the moment that one of them had thought that a mere training exercise was a battle of life and death.

Due to that misunderstanding, it did indeed become a fight for survival. Although, it seemed that would have occurred no matter what had happened, had Nunlil and her thief had their way.

But, the Nevadian did not come to reflect on battle.

His task was simple. An injured friend who thought nothing of her arm, only the blade that it held. She would only be satiated upon its return, despite its shattered state. Had Held not agreed, she likely would have attempted to find it, no sense of self preservation, or limits ever considered.

And so, here he was, intent on finding what had been left behind.

The area did him no favors, so caked with debris that something as simple as a cotton shirt might as well have been like asking the Nevadian to clean the entire area until he found what Ishtar sought. Thankfully, he had glanced Ishtar once during the carnage of battle, although he did not know then the reason for such concern.

He dismissed it, foolishly, only to regret it soon after.

Walking over to floor where so many of his allies had hung together, he found what he sought. It was a simple enough shirt. White, originally, it was coated with drops of a blackish-blue liquid here and there. He bent over, gingerly opening a side of the shirt, to verify it's contents.

It was like shards of glass, a faint shimmering blue, so pale that he was unsure if it was a trick of the halls lights, reflecting their own shade onto it. It was only when he realized that his shadow had obscured the light from casting upon what remained of the blade, was he certain.

The shards were numerous, jagged, uneven, small and large. It was completely overwhelmed by the task asked of it, testing beyond its limit. The blade was ruined. Only the pommel, seemed to be something that The Nevadian considered worth salvaging.

It seemed to be intact, the large golden hilt of the of handle, protruding from it in an almost perfect circle. The Nevadian struggled to recreate how the blade would have been designed around it. He had caught only the faintest of glimpses of the weapon before pandemonium had broken it.

It's design was unfamiliar to the Nevadian, tilting his head from side to side as he examined it. It seemed old. No, ancient. It seemed old, compared to that of the majority of weapons he had encountered during his time on earth....

No, even by comparison to those he had seen in his travels among the stars, it looked like the very definition of antiquated, a blade from an era that had been more of a rumor, than one that had actually existed at some point in time.

Was this what she treasured so much? It was certainly valuable, from the looks of it. Although, as destroyed as it was, what could it possibly provide to the Oni, other than some sense of familiarity and comfort. It might have been powerful, at some point, but whatever power it possessed had been dispersed the second the blade was rent asunder.

But, it was not his place to speculate, nor to judge.

He had came here for only a simple reason. He tied the cloth surrounding it into a large knot, keeping the shards in place.

Carefully, cautiously, he grasped beneath the cloth which held it, slowly lifting it from it's resting place. He did not breathe, perhaps out of fear that the blade were so sharp that with the slightest aid from gravity it would shred its container into nothingness.

He rose to his feet. The shirt held. He exhaled.

He sighed.

Walking out of the building, he took one last glance backwards at the ruinous locale.

“....What a mess I've stumbled into.”
    Last edited by Miburo; 02-14-2018 at 02:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion Reaver View Post
    Initially, Karine had been confused of why Totoma was spilling part of his life story to a complete stranger and one that seemed to not mince his words in the slightest. It was only until she took a step back to really examine the situation did she understand more of the 'why' part which was among the most important things to ask when understanding much of anything. There was a reason that word was repeated over and over again when someone was just growing up from childhood.

She understood a bit more. If anything perhaps she'd have to judge if a situation merited a gentle nudge or more 'tough love'. Hm..she'd see. Her mother was always much better at that then she was.

At the announcement of the spar, Karine hung back since she had no desire to see him or Jack pummeled after what happened. "Good luck you two. I'll see you later."

Besides, she had a few people to visit.

Out of all the signatures of the group, Asha's seemed to be the absolutely most confusing. Not all races had a natural magical or supernatural energy about them and it became readily apparent of the general feel of a 'mundane' member compared to something else. Not that anything was better mind, just that there was an entirely different weight and feeling. Ishstar for example being what she was, the later's energy was far more pronounced then most, if not all of the group. However, Asha'rah energy was that and more. There was a weight behind it she couldn't quite put her finger on, similar but more dense then Kami's.

Kami had said she wasn't a "true" deity so she had to wonder what a real one would feel like, assuming she'd be able to feel them at all.

..Actually come to think of it..I could almost swear Ash'rah and Ishstar's energy reminds me of each other but that doesn't make any sense. Not the same feel but..

It was extremely curious, but until she really studied it she'd dismiss it as a error on her part. There were finer points of energy sensing she'd miss at times, after all.

It wasn't too long until she found her intended target along side what was Etrina? At least, if she recalled she was sure that was the name. "Ash'rah its good to see you, I was hoping to talk to you if its not a bad time." Her gaze turned towards Etrina. "And I don't think we have met before. My name is Karine Cromwell, its nice to meet you."
    The lady in olden dress approached. She seemed to be good friends with the half-Saiyan. Earlier, she had conjured shields and weapons from the shadows themselves. Was her power affected by ambient levels of light?

"Greetings, Karine. It's good to finally talk with you as well. How are you feeling?"

Retired Overlord

At some point, Asha'rah approached Etrina. The mage had been relatively quiet of late, always immersed in one form of research or another. But what little Asha'rah had seen, she respected. Dedication, logic, honor, level-headedness - she truly was Erosa's other half. Yet given what Erosa had revealed of their past, and what Erosa's own birth and history implied, Asha'rah feared that the crucial aspects of humanity Etrina neglected might come back to bite her. Erosa had asked Asha'rah to light her sister's darkness. It seemed overly presumptuous to believe she could do so, but she would touch Etrina's life if she would have her, and see where things went from there.

"Greetings, Etrina. Have you learnt much about the urn you took charge of?"
    Etrina, absorbed in her reading, mumbled quietly to herself as Asha'rah approached. It wasn't until his question that she turned her attention his way with a raised eyebrow. "No more now then I did upon my initial examination....that its a couple centuries old, ineffective lump of pottery being held together with spit, glue and magic seals. I can make adjustments to the sealing enchantment....but until I compensate for outside assistance or his particular spellcraft I can't rule out a repeat of Dusk City will happen another century down the road."

She snapped her book shut, her serious look giving way for a moment. "....Also hello.....Asha'rah was it.....you've been the one cavorting around with my familiar yes? I hope she didn't attempt anything particularly horrendous in my absence."

"Karine Cromwell? Karine Cromwell......Karine....Cromwell...." She repeated the name like a mantra a couple times. "Your name has quite a ring to it....rather reminds of the strong family names of nobility. I'm Etrina Von Stoltengarde....." Etrina let out a cough to dampen her over excitement. "Of course Etrina is fine...."