Page 89 of 135 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 2018

Speaking of Greg Weisman, anyone finds weird how Wally suddenly didn't want to be a superhero anymore in season 2, i don't remember any point in season 1 when he expressed interest on that. It felt really odd.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Speaking of Greg Weisman, anyone finds weird how Wally suddenly didn't want to be a superhero anymore in season 2, i don't remember any point in season 1 when he expressed interest on that. It felt really odd.
    The show did Wally dirty.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's so bizarre, because i actually think that the he was good in the first season and has potential for more. But man season 2 was just bad for him and pretty much threw him away, i haven't finished season 3 yet, but if what i heard is right, he pretty mucy just died to make Artemis feel bad (guest that is the reverse situation of what it usually happens lol).

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Ultimate Member

Well, they were like DC in that regard.

That said, Young Justice was always odd to me. That the sidekicks were never in the League headquarters and so many other things...

It's so bizarre, because i actually think that the he was good in the first season and has potential for more. But man season 2 was just bad for him and pretty much threw him away, i haven't finished season 3 yet, but if what i heard is right, he pretty mucy just died to make Artemis feel bad (guest that is the reverse situation of what it usually happens lol).
    There were other moments of mourning, but pretty much.

They basically gave Kaldur his entire character arc more or less of being the first sidekick to upgrade to their mentor's role too. So...basically the two practical OC's of the show benefited more from the show than he did .

No Wally in the solicits...So it seems Speed Metal is a one-shot?

I'm not happy with the new Flash writer either.

Artemis was Weismann's favourite character as he practically ~recreated her~ so Wally was wasted to move her subplot. Even their relationship had existed for Artemis' sake, Wally gained nothing from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post
    I'm not happy with the new Flash writer either.
    You don't like Kevin Shinick?

There were other moments of mourning, but pretty much.

They basically gave Kaldur his entire character arc more or less of being the first sidekick to upgrade to their mentor's role too. So...basically the two practical OC's of the show benefited more from the show than he did .
    Is probably more fun to write an OC than an established characther, there is less expectation is more unlikely that you'll get fan backlash if she was well recieved the first time. But yeah, it kind of sucks, because i like both Kaldur and Artemis, but we aren't getting more of one of my favorites. It hurts more knowing that season 4 is gonna focus in the original group more, but Wally isn't gonna be in it.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

The new team is probably filling in before the next relaunch.

Also is kind of funny how Wally has been paired with villains in both Teen Titans and Young Justice cartoons. Plus Giganta having that crush on him in JLU, is kind of bizarre.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Is probably more fun to write an OC than an established characther, there is less expectation is more unlikely that you'll get fan backlash if she was well recieved the first time. But yeah, it kind of sucks, because i like both Kaldur and Artemis, but we aren't getting more of one of my favorites. It hurts more knowing that season 4 is gonna focus in the original group more, but Wally isn't gonna be in it.
    I think the worst part is it just feels like there's so many ways to bring Wally back in a big way, and make him have an impact, and I don't think the writers will even consider it.

Well to be fair, it's not like Wally never retired in the comics. Wolfman's NTT started with him in college and the costume put away in a closet. So Weisman has precedent for Wally retiring around that age.

The real question is if he'll return in season 4. I'm not surprised he didn't in season 3, you need time to let the death sink in and explore the ramifications, which we got with a few episodes like the one where Artemis goes to "heaven" and the one where Dick is hallucinating. Next season....we'll see. I think if Wally doesn't return then he won't return at all.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Well to be fair, it's not like Wally never retired in the comics. Wolfman's NTT started with him in college and the costume put away in a closet. So Weisman has precedent for Wally retiring around that age.

The real question is if he'll return in season 4. I'm not surprised he didn't in season 3, you need time to let the death sink in and explore the ramifications, which we got with a few episodes like the one where Artemis goes to "heaven" and the one where Dick is hallucinating. Next season....we'll see. I think if Wally doesn't return then he won't return at all.
    Yeah but that Wally was also incredibly different from the show, NTT was angry, frustrated and conflicted about where his life wanted to go, plus his powers were killing him, that doesn't really apply to YJ Wally.

Granted, i could buy that after the death of Tulan and Jason and maybe some insecurity about his skills as a hero for not being as fast as Barry might have lead him to take that decision, but because he doesn't really recieve any significant focus in season 2 it might just be me reading too much into it.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post

I had more faith he would come back in season 4 at the start of season 3 than I did by the end.

You don't like Kevin Shinick?
    What is in his bibliography?

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona