Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Is Odin near his old power levels where he could destroy galaxies n smack Thanos

Quote Originally Posted by Mider2009 View Post
    Is Odin near his old power levels where he could destroy galaxies n smack Thanos
    I'd say that even if he were, though (which I doubt), destroying galaxies* is still only a fraction of what it takes to destroy a universe.

*I can't recall as much, but I thought Odin's galaxy feat was busted. But anyone can feel free to correct me of that's not right, either

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    I don't think jiren or any of the God's of destruction can do anything real to Odin from what I'm told Odin shacks the universe by powering up and has gone one on one with
    galactus.
    Odin shakes or even destroys one or two galaxies with his best stuff. But, in the immortal words of Monty Python’s Galaxy Song, “And our galaxy is only one of millions and billions in this amazing and expanding universe.”

And yes, he went one-on-one with Galactus. And lost. After the epic headbutt of doom, the result was: Odin was unconscious. Galactus broke his hat.

Odin is no joke. But he’s not in the ballpark of the bigger cosmic guns in Marvel. The Gods of Destruction are universal-scale threats, and Jiren outmuscles them. He should definitely be fine with Odin.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Also we seem to have randomly switched to this being Jiren vs Odin, largely as a result of someone suggesting that all the DC Greek Gods are Marvel-Odin-level.

I don’t know of ANY of them are Marvel-Odin-level (maybe DC-Zeus?). Even if we handwave them all skyfather-level power (and I don’t know that we should), there are skyfathers and then there are SKYFATHERS. Odin is very much the poster-boy for SKYFATHERS (and also for gaslight-parenting, but... bleh).

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Also we seem to have randomly switched to this being Jiren vs Odin, largely as a result of someone suggesting that all the DC Greek Gods are Marvel-Odin-level.

I don’t know of ANY of them are Marvel-Odin-level (maybe DC-Zeus?). Even if we handwave them all skyfather-level power (and I don’t know that we should), there are skyfathers and then there are SKYFATHERS. Odin is very much the poster-boy for SKYFATHERS (and also for gaslight-parenting, but... bleh).
    The only "recent" thing of the DC Greek Gods I recall (aside from Wonder Woman film), was that Zeus and Darkseid went at it for a bit in Wonder Woman Rebirth, before Darkseid gained the upper hand.

Mighty Member

In the DB Universe, Kid Buu was already strong enough to destroy the entire universe...in fact Super buu was as well.

Jiren is wayyyy stronger.

I just wonder if they have anything that they can throw at him...DB characters are weird in that as they get stronger they become immune to more esoteric powers like when Veneta was immune to mind control, or jiren powering through being frozen in time, or Goku figuring out how to get past another time based attack...or Xeno killing someone who was suppose to be immortal
    No, Buu was not even remotely capable of destroying the universe, and i am not sure why you think Kid Buu would be more poweful than Super Buu.

Resisting a few hax abilities of other Ki users don't means they can resist completely different hax then they have ever seen.

Mighty Member

No they are not all around Marvel Odin's level, you could make a case for Zeus and maybe a few others and they have a lot of hax together, and composite Ares is more powerful but with composite Greek Gods is Hecate who is far more powerful than Odin winning this fight solo anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    The only "recent" thing of the DC Greek Gods I recall (aside from Wonder Woman film), was that Zeus and Darkseid went at it for a bit in Wonder Woman Rebirth, before Darkseid gained the upper hand.
    Well Darkseid gained the upperhad by absorbing Zeus power, but most of the Rebirth Greek Gods wouldn't do much against Jiren, but it was Rebirth where the Witching Hour Hecate was technically part of the Greek Gods:

Last edited by Rightoya; 03-22-2021 at 11:01 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rightoya View Post
    No, Buu was not even remotely capable of destroying the universe, and i am not sure why you think Kid Buu would be more poweful than Super Buu.

Resisting a few hax abilities of other Ki users don't means they can resist completely different hax then they have ever seen.
    When Super buu was fighting Gogeta or Vegeto...King Kai said him getting pissed off unleashing his power would destroy the universe....kid buu was twice as powerful as super buu...idk what series you’re watching

What hax? A few? Lol time manipulation is more then just a hax....

What are Hecate’s feats that put her as “far more powerful than Odin”?

Mighty Member

What are Hecate’s feats that put her as “far more powerful than Odin”?
    Well besides being more powerful than all the Gods in DC and Lords of Order together, being beyond the Godsphere, rewriting magic and DC's underworld, seperating multiverses from each other and so on, would there be also things like that even people with just a part of her power were throwing around enough energy to create a new universe for example:

Hecate is the origin of DC's magic and a reality warper on a multiversal scale, which is very far above Odin's paygrade to my knowledge.
    Last edited by Rightoya; 03-22-2021 at 11:26 AM.

When Super buu was fighting Gogeta or Vegeto...King Kai said him getting pissed off unleashing his power would destroy the universe....kid buu was twice as powerful as super buu...idk what series you’re watching

Kid Buu twice as powerful?
    Uh, no. He was not. What made Kid Buu so dangerous was how unpredictable he was. Basically chaos incarnate.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

If I'm interpreting these scans right, aren't they saying that DC Hecate isn't actually a Greek Goddess, but a primordial super-god that eventually agreed to join the Olympians for some reason?

Was she the reason that Wonder Woman's lasso became the universal embodiment of Truth in that one arc, or was that just general SMvFL for the rest of the Greek pantheon (like how Odin don't even close to as well as hedid against Galactus might be considered SMvFL for him, too, considering that Galactus tends to be much more solidly in the Galactic/Celestial/Universal tiers than Odin is, depending on how well fed he is)?

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

@Rightoya, we don't go by character statements for the amount of power at their command. When did Hecate create a universe? When does she manipulate reality on a "multiversal scale?" When does she eat a hit on a universal scale? We don't see that at all. We see a bunch of normal durability humans running around, Swampy being all Swampy and Green, and them talking about a bunch of allegedly horrific energies that aren't even destroying a city or anything, much less a universe. In addition, the last scan you show above says explicitly that it's a power-up she's using there, thus not her normal power level.

These greek godlings are going to find out what real power is when Jiren drops them like a bad habit.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Mighty Member

When Super buu was fighting Gogeta or Vegeto...King Kai said him getting pissed off unleashing his power would destroy the universe....kid buu was twice as powerful as super buu...idk what series youÂ’re watching

I was reading a manga were Buu came never even close to destroy the universe with any of his powers, and in which Kid Buu was certainly not twice as powerful as Super Buu.

Hax like what a fraction of Hecate's dark counterpart used, like growing back together, turning Swamp Thing to literal ash, Detective Chimp into a literal puddle, or drawing Wonder Woman towards himself by grabbing a part of the comic page:

And speaking of comic pages, hax like as Chaos Lord Zatanna with just a fracion of the power Hecate possesed shattered the comic pages:

And if we talk about time manipulation, hax like Circe who could with just a fraction of Hecate's power do far more than just skipping a few seconds by turning a second into litrally years:;

Or in fact, hax like virtually any time someone in the normal DC multiverse used a fraction of Hecate's power, also known under the name MAGIC.

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    @Rightoya, we don't go by character statements for the amount of power at their command.
    Bold claim in a fight that involves characters from Dragonball.

When did Hecate create a universe?
    When did Jiren destroy a universe?

When does she manipulate reality on a "multiversal scale?"
    As she created a barrier around the entire normal multiverse to divide it from the surrounding dark multiverse, and as she rewrote the magic in the DC multiverse by merging it with magic of her counter part in the dark multiverse, which is also both part of the literal core of the Witching Hour story.

When does she eat a hit on a universal scale?
    As Witchmarked Wonder Woman, a character with just a part of Hecate's power has universal powers forcefully entering herself.

We don't see that at all.
    It is even the literal core of the story, and in contrary to Dragonball is Hecate not a character who destroys a hill to demonstrate her planet, solar system or universe busting power, but anything connected to her has the bad habit to rip open reality, rewrite reality, defy reason or even manipulate the comic pages itself.

We see a bunch of normal durability humans running around, Swampy being all Swampy and Green, and them talking about a bunch of allegedly horrific energies that aren't even destroying a city or anything,
    The city of Nanda Parbat was falling apart because Rama Kushna fleed from the Witchmarked, not because of the duel of the Witchmarked.

much less a universe.
    How should universe CREATING energy that got used to write and rewrite reality over and over again destroy the universe, if said energy was never targeted at the universe in a destructive way?

In addition, the last scan you show above says explicitly that it's a power-up she's using there, thus not her normal power level.
    So you seriously believe Hecate the literal embodiement and origin of magic in DC would be actually just a Greek DEMIgod, who got a power-up by her own power that she can possibly not control? I would have thought me mentioning that this were just people with a part of Hecate's power, would make clear enough that the scan was about other people with a part of Hecate's power, Constantine was talking about Witchmarked Wonder Woman and not about Hecate herself.

These greek godlings are going to find out what real power is when Jiren drops them like a bad habit.
    And that even happens over and over and over again, because just like in Witching Hour Hecate decides to not even bother to have an actual fight with such an insignificant being like Jiren because he isn't even Zeno, and just traps him into his own mind.