Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Or Jurassic Park.
    At least we know what "Spider-Land" is in Secret Wars.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    At least we know what "Spider-Land" is in Secret Wars.
    LOL Yeah, getting eaten by spiders has gotta be better than being eaten while you're on a toilet like the guy from the first Jurassic Park film.

A Green Unpleasant Man Rob London's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    LOL Yeah, getting eaten by spiders has gotta be better than being eaten while you're on a toilet like the guy from the first Jurassic Park film.
    But what if the toilet is full of spiders?

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rob London View Post
    But what if the toilet is full of spiders?
    Even better

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by beebles View Post
    Thats what they said. I don't know what counts as a spider totem though. I mean doesn't Spiderman 2099 manifest in the future (???) so whatever..... Anyway I hope they kill these stupid vampires off sooner rather than later. I am tired of Dan Slott just killing spiderman off all day long. It looses the shock value if you kill 5 spidermen per issue. Also these inheritors should just kidnap the stupid jackal and set up a clone farm.
    Already done. See the Scarlet Spiders miniseries.

Also, this is actually a preview of issue 12, which should've come out by two days ago or the Wednesday the week before. Obviously, the finale issue isn't the only one that's going to be delayed.

As for the content, all I have to say is, "Goddammit."
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason S View Post
    Man, Captain Universe Spiderman really didn't fight too smart. He should have just punched the head bad guy into orbit, or flung him into the Sun...Sentry style!
    Or web up Solus his head and think "adamantium" . lets see him breaking that.

But we cant really blame him, his generic shots were more then enough to vaporize a inheritor already, so he didnt really have a reason to believe this one was that much stronger.

Come to think of it im not sure how multiple captain universes in different dimensions work. the Enigma force (that is the source of the uni-power) is unique, as it has its very own dimension called the Microverse.
    Or maybe it does grant the uni-power to different people at once across multiple dimensions..

Though its still kinda odd the enigma force let someone drain its uni-power of one of its users.
    Last edited by Oswin; 01-02-2015 at 05:14 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    i felt that "nooo!!"
    I felt that too, in the deepest part of my heart and soul. Compared with this, Norman Osborn resurrecting in Peter's mind and "Superior Spider-Junk" were almost nothing.

This is too much!!!! If there's a line that can't be crossed is turning this part even darker.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Oswin View Post
    Come to think of it im not sure how multiple captain universes in different dimensions work. the Enigma force (that is the source of the uni-power) is unique, as it has its very own dimension called the Microverse.
    Or maybe it does grant the uni-power to different people at once across multiple dimensions..

Though its still kinda odd the enigma force let someone drain its uni-power of one of its users.
    It's right there in the name. Don't try to understand it.

The good kind of noise SpiderOrange's Avatar

They are definitely laying on the "all is hopeless, there's no way to win, the Inheritors are completely unbeatable" scenario a bit thick. Nevertheless, I'm along for the ride but it would be nice to see SOME glimmer of hope, some chink in the armor. At least Sp/dr is still alive. For now.
    "This. Right here. This is where my life officially jumped the shark." Miles Morales
    "No, that was back on Cowboy world", Ultimate Cartoon Spidey
    ASM Vol 3, #12

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderOrange View Post
    They are definitely laying on the "all is hopeless, there's no way to win, the Inheritors are completely unbeatable" scenario a bit thick. Nevertheless, I'm along for the ride but it would be nice to see SOME glimmer of hope, some chink in the armor. At least Sp/dr is still alive. For now.
    Well if Spider-Woman #2 is any indication, the Inheritors do have a noticeable weakness, as seen when Silk, while being chased by Brix and Bora (the fox-hunter twins), stumbled into a dimension where Earth went through a thermonuclear war. One of the twins started choking from the fallout and was thus forced to leave and do nothing but watch Silk. Which makes sense if you consider how Spidey defeated Morlun during their first encounter during JMS' "Coming Home." It was established that, although Spidey was a "totem," he wasn't a "pure totem" because the spider that bit him was radioactive (hence Ezekiel's question to Spidey about whether or not Peter's powers came from the spider that bit him or the radiation from the spider). So Spidey injected himself with a radioactive isotope, thereby increasing the radiation levels in his blood, and when Morlun tried to feed on Spidey, he started to succumb to radiation poisoning and became vulnerable.

Even so, Morlun still came back, no doubt via cloning as we know now. Also, given how most the various Spider-Men and women in Spider-Verse also got their powers the same way Peter did--including Silk--then this also means they, like Peter, are not "pure" spider-totems either because they, too, have radioactive spider-blood.
    --Mike McNulty, a.k.a. Stillanerd. Contributor for Bam Smack Pow! and Viral Hare
    Previous Articles for Whatever A Spider Can.
    Previous Articles for Spider-Man Crawlspace.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
    Well if Spider-Woman #2 is any indication, the Inheritors do have a noticeable weakness, as seen when Silk, while being chased by Brix and Bora (the fox-hunter twins), stumbled into a dimension where Earth went through a thermonuclear war. One of the twins started choking from the fallout and was thus forced to leave and do nothing but watch Silk. Which makes sense if you consider how Spidey defeated Morlun during their first encounter during JMS' "Coming Home." It was established that, although Spidey was a "totem," he wasn't a "pure totem" because the spider that bit him was radioactive (hence Ezekiel's question to Spidey about whether or not Peter's powers came from the spider that bit him or the radiation from the spider). So Spidey injected himself with a radioactive isotope, thereby increasing the radiation levels in his blood, and when Morlun tried to feed on Spidey, he started to succumb to radiation poisoning and became vulnerable.

Even so, Morlun still came back, no doubt via cloning as we know now. Also, given how most the various Spider-Men and women in Spider-Verse also got their powers the same way Peter did--including Silk--then this also means they, like Peter, are not "pure" spider-totems either because they, too, have radioactive spider-blood.
    any thoughts on the whole jessica drew being morlun's wife thing? i mean it's pretty surprising how a spider-woman is involved with morlun. and i seem to remember you saying that the old male, frail version of madame web but more spider-like might be uncle ben, ben or peter.

Quote Originally Posted by marvelguy25 View Post
    any thoughts on the whole jessica drew being morlun's wife thing? i mean it's pretty surprising how a spider-woman is involved with morlun. and i seem to remember you saying that the old male, frail version of madame web but more spider-like might be uncle ben, ben or peter.
    You mean "Old Man Spider?" Yeah, I thought for sure he would turn out to be Uncle Ben who'd been bitten by the radioactive spider, especially after the intro story in Spider-Verse #1 which showed us an Earth that strongly implied such a thing happened. Not to mention a Spider-Man who was Uncle Ben would've been awesome. But, as it turns out, he was really Ezekiel from a world in which Morlun killed that version's Spider-Man; which also explained why "Old Man Spider" was in the same costume the future version of Spidey from ASM #500 wore because that costume, having been designed by that tailor character JMS came up with in ASM #502, gave to Ezekiel instead.

If you mean the Master Weaver, then yeah, I think that guy is supposed to be a Peter Parker analogue, as well. Which would suggest that, in order to free himself from the Inheritors, he wove versions of himself in various realities, including the 616 Peter. Or, at the very least, was the one who "sent" the spider that bit Peter in the first place.

As for a version of Jessica Drew being Morlun's wife/concubine/mistress/whatever, my initial reaction was "um...okay?" I mena, If Jessica Drew is supposed to be a spider-totem, why would Morlun not consider her a potential meal just like any other spider? I mean, she is still a spider-totem since Peter gave her one of SpOck's cloaking devices for her cover mission, right? Or maybe the Earth-001 Jessica isn't a spider-totem. Not to mention, isn't it awfully convenient that Spidey sent Jessica on a covert mission to Loomworld to gather intelligence on the Inheritors, and it just so happens that not only is their an alternate version of Jessica who is working for the Inheritors, but that she's Morlun's lover, thereby allowing the 616 Jessica to switch places with her and gain further access and freedom to do her spying that she otherwise would have had?
    --Mike McNulty, a.k.a. Stillanerd. Contributor for Bam Smack Pow! and Viral Hare
    Previous Articles for Whatever A Spider Can.
    Previous Articles for Spider-Man Crawlspace.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    • Meet the most surprising Spider-Character yet!
    "Powerless" Peter! Please let it be him!

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    It's right there in the name. Don't try to understand it.
    For all we know, draining the enigma force could end up being the Inheritors downfall.