Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Agree with most of the suggests put forth. An Amazon reunion is necessary, Kapatelis would be wonderful, as would Ferdinand. No Steve.

I wouldn't want the movie to be overstuffed, but I do think it would benefit to have at least Athena make an appearance. Maybe she hid awaywhen Ares killed the other gods, but tells Diana they can be brought back. Maybe she tells her that only be resurrecting Zeus can Themyscira open itself up to man's world, so that both planes may learn from each other. But to do so, she has to defeat a series of mythical challenges. (Or maybe Circe just summons them).

At the end, Diana can visit Mount Olympus, converse with the gods, be offered a place among them...and then reject it, and the film ends with her inviting little girls (or children in general) to visit Themyscira and learn about their philosphy.

That might be too steeped in classical mythology for people's tastes, but I want it. Diana doesn't have smallville, or Krypton, or a fortress; she doesn't have a batcave, a Wayne Mannor, or Gotham city. What she has is the Embassy, Themyscira, and the realm of gods and myths. They should lean into that more.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Many of us have now seen Wonder Woman 1984. Regardless of your feelings on that film, what do you want to see going forward into Wonder Woman 3? Do you want Patty Jenkins to return as director, or see a new director's take on the amazon? Where do you want the plot to go? Another side-adventure or a present-day story? What villain(s) do you want to see Wonder Woman face? New supporting characters? Post it all here!

For me:

PLOT
    I'd like to see a story where Diana reunites with her sisters on Themyscira in present day. We've had a film that centered on her real-world superheroics, I think it's time to bring it back to high fantasy and mythology.

"The Witch on the Island" is a great story they could adapt by tweaking the plot a bit and incorporating Themyscira. Same goes for "Witching War".

I don't think they should bring back the Olympian Gods. The WW films can't keep killing characters off and then bringing them back. They were declared dead in the first WW, let them stay that way. Lesser gods like Deimos, Phobos, Eris, or Dolos are fair game for partnering up with Circe, though.

Using Circe would also be a fun way to have illusions/phantoms of other characters long gone, like Etta, the Oddfellows, or Dr. Poison. That could be the way they squeeze Chris Pine into the film, too.

SUPPORTING CAST
    NO STEVE TREVOR. Even if you haven't seen the second film, you know he's brought back. We do NOT need to see him brought back again. Let Diana exist without Steve. Let his goodbyes to Diana actually mean something. But, the film will need some male characters in the mix so I think adding Ferdinand to the film would be the way to go. He's visually appealing, different, and brings some fantasy to the team.

I'd also like it if Julia and Vanessa Kapatelis were prominent parts of her life in the present day. Steve and Etta are off the table for human allies, so she's going to need some, and George Perez spent so many issues really fleshing these two women out.

A reasonable criticism of WW1984 is its depiction of people of color. There should be positive role models of color going forward. Obviously there's Philippus (who needs a much larger role), but I also think Nubia and Euboea getting some spotlight would be fantastic. As for men, General Darnell or Mike Schorr or any of the countless men in Diana's life could easily be racebent, or use Trevor Barnes. Oof, this supporting cast is already getting too big.

VILLAINS
    The only villain that makes sense for a third entry is Circe. She's the last of the Big 3 baddies to not feature in the film, and it'd be nice to have an uncontested female "big bad" as the one to truly put Diana through the ringer. Add in her Bestiamorphs, especially her love-butler Mikos.

I'd also love to see Cheetah return, but maybe not as an antagonist? It'd be interesting to see Diana going to Barbara for help like we see in "The Lies". Diana forming her own little mythical Justice League with Cheetah, Nubia, and Ferdinand would be quite great.

If there has to be a second villain, make it someone who isn't going to steal the show away from Circe in the way that Max and Cheetah had to duel for the spotlight. Giganta is a good pick since she's visually interesting. But really, Circe's Bestiamorphs should be enough if they're given really cool designs (Perez's run had some really fun designs like serpents and wolves to go along with Mikos's crow).

BEHIND THE CAMERA

I hate to say this but... ditch Patty Jenkins. I adore the first WW and I really liked WW84 but it's time for some new blood for the film. Also, no Geoff Johns on writing. I really think they should bring Allan Heinberg back on for screenwriting. He really got the first Wonder Woman and he also writes a great Circe to boot!
    I think the best I can hope for is that the action is sound and that Zeus bit doesn't further encroach on the mythos. At this point I just want to start over with a traditional WW origin and an actual plan in place for a connected universe

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    I thought in the DCEU all of the Old Gods are dead now based on the first Wondy film. Is that changed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Hasn't she become persona non grata?
    Yeah, not thank you to that casting.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Agree with most of the suggests put forth. An Amazon reunion is necessary, Kapatelis would be wonderful, as would Ferdinand. No Steve.

I wouldn't want the movie to be overstuffed, but I do think it would benefit to have at least Athena make an appearance. Maybe she hid awaywhen Ares killed the other gods, but tells Diana they can be brought back. Maybe she tells her that only be resurrecting Zeus can Themyscira open itself up to man's world, so that both planes may learn from each other. But to do so, she has to defeat a series of mythical challenges. (Or maybe Circe just summons them).

At the end, Diana can visit Mount Olympus, converse with the gods, be offered a place among them...and then reject it, and the film ends with her inviting little girls (or children in general) to visit Themyscira and learn about their philosphy.

That might be too steeped in classical mythology for people's tastes, but I want it. Diana doesn't have smallville, or Krypton, or a fortress; she doesn't have a batcave, a Wayne Mannor, or Gotham city. What she has is the Embassy, Themyscira, and the realm of gods and myths. They should lean into that more.
    Themyscira can definitely be expanded without depending on Greek Mythology. The movies should bring in the Holliday Girls and other elements from the golden age.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Hasn't she become persona non grata?
    Wait what did she do?
    The J-man

Been lurking since '08 Marik Swift's Avatar

Let me go on record by saying first that I'm one of the few people who hated the first Wonder Woman movie. I found it completely overrated. Diana being so hung up on Steve is ridiculous, "warrior woman" is stupid, the action scene looked worst than movies that came out 20 years ago (DCEU in general has terrible action scenes in general except for MoS though) and the movie was only watchable cause of Chris Pine's great acting as Steve Trevor (which is why he returned for the second movie to begin with). Also, I'm still not sold on Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman.

So yea, definitely get rid of Patty and get somebody who knows how to direct action scenes and isn't gaga over romance (I'm admittedly a bit bias here as I generally hate anytime female characters are involved in romance as I find it insulting to women to always relegate women's primary interest in life to be somebody's girlfriend/wife, etc).

Now, I haven't watched WW84 yet, but from what I've seen it seems like a huge step up from the first movie, with the only probably being the decision to bring back Steve (which was unavoidable since they needed Chris Pine to help carry the movie). Heard it had a really boring middle act, although no matter how boring it was, the bigger sinner for me is always going to be bringing back Steve and making Diana so obsessed with him.

Also, Diana's wish really should have been to return to Themyscira. It's insulting to her character that she's more gaga over a man than her own people. The movie could have had a 10x more interesting middle if her time was spent on Themyscira (thus giving it exposition), than being gaga over Steve.

But yea, from what I've heard of WW84 it seems better than the original WW honestly. Barbara's origin was better than a lot of live action adaptations and the wishes plot was great for the mythos (albeit Diana should have been the one to find it and should have known about it).

Should definitely bring back Cheetah. I've always seen her and Diana's friendship as a crucial part of Diana's character. Have her return as an ally of Diana for the third movie.

As much as people hated Amazon's Attack, with the right writing (pretty much overhaul the entire reason it happened), it actually has a lot of potential, especially for a live action movie that could be Infinity War of the DCEU (there's no coming back for Darkseid really, he's always just going to be a clone of Thanos in the eyes of the public, so DC should be proactive and make the first female big bad).

Keep it so that Circe is the one behind it all. Her reasoning and motivation is up to whoever. Diana and Cheetah shouldn't be able to beat her straight up either (Circe should always be way stronger than Diana).

Also, they DEFINITELY should find a way to slim in a retcon that she isn't the daughter of Zeus.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Gina Carano as Giganta?
    Why do people keep suggesting Gina Carano for roles? She’s a pretty horrible actress...

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Wait what did she do?
    Only been vaguely aware of it but from looking it up, looks like some hot water on Twitter over transphobic posts and conspiracy theory stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Marik Swift View Post
    Let me go on record by saying first that I'm one of the few people who hated the first Wonder Woman movie. I found it completely overrated and I recognized that Patty Jenkins was a hack immediately after seeing it. Diana being so hung up on Steve is bullshit, "warrior woman" is stupid, the action scene looked worst than movies that came out 20 years ago (DCEU in general has terrible action scenes in general except for MoS though) and the movie was only watchable cause of Chris Pine's great acting as Steve Trevor (which is why he returned for the second movie to begin with). Also, I'm still not sold on Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman.

So yea, definitely get rid of Patty and get somebody who knows how to direct action scenes and isn't gaga over romance (I'm admittedly a bit bias here as I generally hate anytime female characters are involved in romance as I find it insulting to women to always relegate women's primary interest in life to be somebody's girlfriend/wife, etc).

Now, I haven't watched WW84 yet, but from what I've seen it seems like a huge step up from the first movie, with the only probably being the decision to bring back Steve (which was unavoidable since they needed Chris Pine to help carry the movie). Heard it had a really boring middle act, although no matter how boring it was, the bigger sinner for me is always going to be bringing back Steve and making Diana so obsessed with him.

Also, Diana's wish really should have been to return to Themyscira. It's insulting to her character that she's more gaga over a man than her own people. The movie could have had a 10x more interesting middle if her time was spent on Themyscira (thus giving it exposition), than being gaga over Steve.

But yea, from what I've heard of WW84 it seems better than the original WW honestly. Barbara's origin was better than a lot of live action adaptations and the wishes plot was great for the mythos (albeit Diana should have been the one to find it and should have known about it).

Should definitely bring back Cheetah. I've always seen her and Diana's friendship as a crucial part of Diana's character. Have her return as an ally of Diana for the third movie.

As much as people hated Amazon's Attack, with the right writing (pretty much overhaul the entire reason it happened), it actually has a lot of potential, especially for a live action movie that could be Infinity War of the DCEU (there's no coming back for Darkseid really, he's always just going to be a clone of Thanks in the eyes of the public, so DC should be proactive and make the first female big bad).

Keep it so that Circe is the one behind it all. Her reasoning and motivation is up to whoever. Diana and Cheetah shouldn't be able to beat her straight up either (Circe should always be way stronger than Diana).

Also, they DEFINITELY should find a way to slim in a retcon that she isn't the daughter of Zeus.
    Diana should be hung up over Steve. That's a classic WW element that George Perez threw out alongside Mala, transformation ray, paula von gunther, Priscilla Rich, Debbie Domaine Cheetah and the mental Radio.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor2014 View Post
    Diana should be hung up over Steve. That's a classic WW element that George Perez threw out alongside Mala, transformation ray, paula von gunther, Priscilla Rich, Debbie Domaine Cheetah and the mental Radio.
    While I don't think Perez should have tossed out the romance with Steve (he isn't garbage for it though), I can see the complaint that the films are focusing too much on her relationship with him. To the point that her relationships with other women like the Amazons, Etta and Barbara in this get put on the backburner in comparison. Despite that, the use of Steve in both films HAS been very good (barring the weird ass resurrection mechanic) and the films still have stuff like female mentors, which is still rare in CBMs.

Been lurking since '08 Marik Swift's Avatar

Why?

I mean I'm one of the few people pro-Marston ideas, including all the BDSM stuff, but Diana being hung up on Steve isn't one of them. Every woman I know is obsessed with being some guy's girlfriend/wife/whatever, so sorry I really don't want to see that from my female icon.

They should definitely be each others soul mates or whatever, a la Lois/Clark, Iris/Barry etc, but her being hung up on him achieves nothing except making her look like some heart eyed highschool girl.

And even then, Marston did it better. Sure, Diana was hung up on Steve, but at the same time she was very free spirited. You could tell that even though Steve was the one she loved, she wasn't about to put her life on hold for him or even make him her only lover. Compare to DCEU WW who stopped being a hero cause of him (a decision DC themselves regret now, but still) and she had ONE wish and it was to get him back. Not for world peace, not to see Themyscira again, not to help the poor, but to get some sex.

One can argue the merits of Perez getting rid of the romance but removing her main motivation being "love at first sight", "classic" or not, was a good thing.

In what world was the Debbie Domaine version of Cheetah classic?

I don't hate the mental radio, but why do you find it important for Wonder Woman?

Amazing Member

I agree with a lot of what has been said. One area I do disagree is about bringing back the Greek gods. It's such a waste of potential stories. Perhaps all of the magic used by the stone could have awoken the gods. How "dead" could they be really? I'd take almost any story idea, but it's probably not worth it at this point, given the state of the DCEU. We don't have a truly connected universe and given how few movies DC puts out and how long it takes, I can't see them building anything long lasting at this point.

As for things I'd like to see:
    1. No Trevor. This hurts me b/c Pine is FANTASTIC and he really works so well with Diana. Finding a way to bring him back in *her* movie really undercuts what happened in WW84. Diana should stand on her own in this one. Hopefully Gadot can pull it off. (I've heard a rumor that WB wants to bring Steve back as a result of what happens in Flashpoint. If I had faith in the DCEU at all, I would be totally on board with this because I think Gadot needs Pine. Sadly, I don't, so it will likely be a disaster. And if they were going to do this, it should have been after WW3.)
    2. Set in the current day
    3. AMAZONS. The Amazons should be front and center and working with Diana.
    4. Lean into mythology and magic. The story could revolve around the gate to the underworld being on Themyscira. Something or someone could break free, causing havoc first on Themyscira and then in man's world. This would give us a reason to go back to the island and for the Amazons to leave.
    5. And on that note, Circe. She should be the villain. The idea of Barbara getting turned back into Cheetah by Circe has crossed my mind, but if this is the last film or these characters won't continue in other movies, then it's a waste imo.
    6. Tie in to the Amazons show, assuming this is actually happening in the very near future. The foundation for the Gate of Tartarus storyline could be laid here. It would also allow WW3 to get off the ground running without the need for an Act 1 filled with setup.
    7. Much, much better fight choreography. I appreciate that Patty wanted to deliver something different and I liked that Diana was concerned with protecting others. However, when she does fight, her fight scenes should be the highlight of any movie, just as they are in the animated films. Gadot will really have to step up her training.
    8. If they are going to use CGI, significantly improve it or better yet, use practical effects. Someone should be brought in to oversee this.
    9. Bring back Allan Heinberg to write the script or another WW writer like Jimenez or Rucka. Jenkins should just direct.
    10. Some of the other JL members have to show up somehow. This isn't necessary for the quality of the film, but they've established the JL. If the world is going to hell, someone other than just WW would notice. The only way to get around this would be for the movie to take place almost entirely on Themyscira, which wouldn't bother me honestly.
    Last edited by fong03; 12-30-2020 at 09:05 AM.

I'd MOST like to see the return of Patty and Gal, so wish granted there.

Otherwise, I want Circe to be the villain, no Steve Trevor (but maybe NASA pilot Steve Howard??? ***ducks for cover***), and more Barbara. I would like for her to ackowledge her involvement in the JL, but nothing more than that. I'd prefer no cameos by other DCEU characters EXCEPT Asteria. More of her, please!

I also hope they keep the armor shiny and colorful, and the gold parts gold, without any of the weird silver parts unnecessarily added in Justice League.

Also, please PLEASE lets keep Diana sans-sword and shield UNLESS she has to fight some huge mythical monster conjured by Circe. And lets also continue to leave off the brown strap.

And lastly, no more references to Zeus as a power source PLEASE! Lets have a mention of her getting gifts from the other gods as they passed, or something, I dunno, I'm not a screen writer. I just know that it will ALWAYS bother me that, bacause of ONE WRITER'S "vision" (barf), Diana has the GOD OF PATRIARCHY as a father.
    No.
    Please, PLEASE lets just.... not mention it, or keep it tucked in an attic and forgotten, until maybe, if she NEEDS to be biologically born, rather than magically created and imbued with a soul (making her a person, and NOT a gollum), have it be a father worth having!

Ok, rant over.

Peace and love to ALL!
    Ray
    **=w=**
    Last edited by rayray1127; 12-30-2020 at 12:17 PM. Reason: Spelling error