Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Despite WW84's flaws, I have to give it credit that Wiig turned in a solid performance even if there were issues in her character arc (which will hopefully be rectified if she comes back).

It's a low bar to clear, but DCEU Cheetah > DCEU Lex and Joker by, like, a LOT. At least I want her to come back, while I never want to see those two again.
    My thoughts too, and I was one of the ones who wanted to give Eisenberg Lex a chance.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    Which is why Aquaman and Joker all grossed lower than those films I mentioned. Connectivity helps a lot, and DC is going to realize that the hard way when their highest grossers can barely break billion while Marvels reach that easily!

Never said they have to appear, just that connectivity to other films and building towards something will get them that Marvel money. No reason why they couldn’t have an end credits scene where Cheetah meets up with the other established Legion of Doom characters (would have been way better than the end credit scene we got)... oh well. Honestly I have nothing but apathy towards DC on the big screen at the moment (5 rotten films says it all).
    I understand that the connected universe has been wildly successful for Marvel and Disney. Personally, I have no interest in DC adopting that same cookie-cutter approach to the DCEU. I prefer Wonder Woman, Superman, Batman, etc., get their own trilogies that explore their world. While I'm not a huge fan of the end credits we got for WW84, I still prefer it to 99% of the MCU end-credit scenes.

The only end-credits scene I actually like is Suicide Squad, but that's more because of the great acting and oddly writing for Viola Davis and Ben Affleck in that scene. "Word of advice: You should quit working nights."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    I would want Circe as the main villain. However, I actually would love for Jenkins to stay true to her character-focused narratives. This means, while I would love some great action setpieces, I do not want the movie filled with bestimorphs or mythological figures. I actually think that would be quite jarring and tonally inappropriate considering the first two films in the franchise.

Personally, I would love a narrative where Circe is a cautionary tale of what happens if Diana ever lost hope in humanity. A thin line between love and hate movie, where the onus of the narrative - which is set in present-day - is after more than a 100 years in man's world, does Diana still believe in men's ability to choose good over evil? Circe, in this regard, would serve as a mirror to Diana. Circe, in this film, would be similar to Diana as she was a powerful demigoddess who wanted better for man but eventually grew to despise them as much as Ares did. You could even have an Easter Egg that Ares was somehow responsible for Circe's disillusionment. The emotional climax of the film would be, Diana choosing to continue on with her mission to help man or after a 100 years of seeing the brutality of the world, taking Circe's offer to help her magically return to Themyscira with the understanding that she could never return to man's world.

Vanessa K - Silver Swan - would be a secondary antagonist. Early 20's woman who's faced some horrific trauma as a result of the brutality of man's world, and she wants vengeance against all of mankind by making them suffer as much as she has. Circe used her transmogrifying abilities to transform Vanessa into a body horror, Silver Swan. Vanessa, similar to Diana in Wonder Woman 2017, has lost her innocence. Unlike Diana, this lost innocence fuels her hatred and reinforces her trauma. Ultimately, Swan's hatred of the world is truly a manifestation of her hatred of herself.

The narrative would ultimately be about overcoming trauma, redefining and recapturing one's innocence, and the ability to believe in one's self, so one can continue to believe in the totality of mankind.

Since it's present-day: Diana Prince works at the Lourve, since Vanessa is in the film, Julia can be a coworker of Diana. As an Easter Egg, Donna Milton can also be an assistant to Diana - but this Donna is not a secret identity of Circe - and Veronica Cale could also make an appearance - but not be a villain.

Diana is fully powered throughout the entire film, the sword and shield are never used, Diana can fly, and after the climactic battle with Circe where Diana chooses to stay in man's world, the film ends with Hippolyta and Diana looking up to the same moon and feeling the other's presence. This shows the audience that while Diana is alone, she is still fully loved and embraced.
    I quite like this. Well done.

Nah WW3 has to be about her relationship with the Amazons, having spent so much time in our world
    Last edited by Alpha; 01-09-2021 at 06:46 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Nah WW3 has to be about her relationship with the Amazons, having spent so much time in our world
    That's what the Amazons spinoff film can be about.

Or even a young Diana HBO Max spinoff show.

I understand that the connected universe has been wildly successful for Marvel and Disney. Personally, I have no interest in DC adopting that same cookie-cutter approach to the DCEU. I prefer Wonder Woman, Superman, Batman, etc., get their own trilogies that explore their world. While I'm not a huge fan of the end credits we got for WW84, I still prefer it to 99% of the MCU end-credit scenes.

The only end-credits scene I actually like is Suicide Squad, but that's more because of the great acting and oddly writing for Viola Davis and Ben Affleck in that scene. "Word of advice: You should quit working nights."
    Widely successful? Try game changer! The MCU is the biggest franchise in Hollywood history, their films average a billion at the box office, something not even Star Wars or Harry Potter can claim. I want that success for DC, and the only that will happen is with a connected universe! Yeah you’ll still make a billion (barely) without any connections as TDK trilogy and Joker proved but they won’t reach anywhere near those Marvel films.

With the connected universe you can look forward to Captain Marvel, Black Widow and other female Marvel heroes outcrossing and even becoming more popular than WW internationally...

I want a connected universe, we’ve had enough stand alone films...

That's what the Amazons spinoff film can be about.

Or even a young Diana HBO Max spinoff show.
    What? If it's a spin off then Diana wouldn't be a big part of the story. This needs to be explored in a solo Wonder Woman film

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    What? If it's a spin off then Diana wouldn't be a big part of the story. This needs to be explored in a solo Wonder Woman film
    I don't particularly care about Diana's relationship with the Amazons. This is why I'd rather this be explored in a spinoff show or movie. Wonder Woman 3 should be the conclusion of Diana's journey in man's world. I find that to be much more interesting.

Yes, third film should be about Diana reconnecting with the Amazons and the island rejoining the world. Makes sense for the conclusion of a trilogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor2014 View Post
    Diana should be hung up over Steve. That's a classic WW element that George Perez threw out alongside Mala, transformation ray, paula von gunther, Priscilla Rich, Debbie Domaine Cheetah and the mental Radio.
    It was fine in the first flick but his story is done. Time to move on to other stuff since you only have a limited amount of movies to tell your story. Use him in other ways, like how Marvel used Peggy.

I want to see Circe, Giganta and Dr. Cyber. If they go with the interpretation of Circe as a 'mystical scientist' whose prowess makes her god like they could use that to bring in Giganta and Dr Cyber. I want to see Cyber since her being tech based makes her a different challenge for Diana.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    One can argue the merits of Perez getting rid of the romance but removing her main motivation being "love at first sight", "classic" or not, was a good thing.

In what world was the Debbie Domaine version of Cheetah classic?
    The world where nothing past 1985 counts.

Seriously, Domaine wasn't even created by Marston.

Domain was an extreme enviromentalist. So she's already got niche that's different from other WW villains. Some folks have talked about porting Poison Ivy as a WW villain but why do that when you already have an eco-terrorist villain in the WW mythos.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Domain was an extreme enviromentalist. So she's already got niche that's different from other WW villains. Some folks have talked about porting Poison Ivy as a WW villain but why do that when you already have an eco-terrorist villain in the WW mythos.
    I don't know, this feels like it will be seen as copying Batman even if the character isn't Poison Ivy.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I don't know, this feels like it will be seen as copying Batman even if the character isn't Poison Ivy.
    Batman has dibs on all eco terrorist villains?

Besides Domain is connected to Kobra. There are enough elements to make her distinct while still keeping her as an eco villain.