Page 30 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080130530 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Reasonably cool T'Challa scene in next week's Avengers:

https://weirdsciencemarvelcomics.com...rs-41-preview/
    Bp fans really need a win right now so I hope T'Challa doesn't get punked here

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Reasonably cool T'Challa scene in next week's Avengers:

https://weirdsciencemarvelcomics.com...rs-41-preview/
    With the way T'Challa describes the other Avengers, it feels like Aaron has a better handle on T'Challa then he does the rest of the team (and I guess he doesn't know Jen and Robbie well enough to concretely sum up their habits?).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I share chiefs sentiments that I don't really care to see Storm. But again like chief said we know where you stand with it so I know this is going to be good. I have full confidence that your going to come correct.
    I’m not even worried about Storm as much as I am T’Challa forsaking his throne. I know his morality is supposed to clash with his kingly duties but I really hope this story isn’t about T’Challa not being king anymore because he has to make some tough choices. That’s the vibe I got from the solicits but once again we’ll see where it goes. Redjack has a strong handle on T’Challa and we don’t know what the broader editorial mandate is for the character moving forward so this may just be misdirection or me being paranoid given recent events.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I’m not even worried about Storm as much as I am T’Challa forsaking his throne. I know his morality is supposed to clash with his kingly duties but I really hope this story isn’t about T’Challa not being king anymore because he has to make some tough choices. That’s the vibe I got from the solicits but once again we’ll see where it goes. Redjack has a strong handle on T’Challa and we don’t know what the broader editorial mandate is for the character moving forward so this may just be misdirection or me being paranoid given recent events.
    Damn. You all have been burned, I guess.

You can relax. On all of it.

this is going to be FIRE.

not only will everybody here be happy. everybody will be happy.

Black Panther fans are like that woman that has been cheated on for the umpteenth time...
    Get Hectic!

this one goes out to all the Black Panther fans from KING IN BLACK: BLACK PANTHER.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    Damn. You all have been burned, I guess.

You can relax. On all of it.

this is going to be FIRE.

not only will everybody here be happy. everybody will be happy.
    T'Challa's poppa said it best....

I trust whatever you do with BP, and John Stewart.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Just cause I wanna egg Ekie on (a guy disagree with 99% of the time about the OG movie) and maybe see what GIF reaction DBOI posts.

John Campea theorizes Steve Rogers may join Black Panther 2 for a small part to help bring some star power since they are not recasting T'Challa.
    Anything is possible now. Hell maybe Steve takes up the "mantle" since his is currently occupied. I hear Doom and Namor and gonna get some screen time too. No wonder feigie said this was always the Black Panther movie plan Tchalla or not

Incredible Member

Just cause I wanna egg Ekie on (a guy disagree with 99% of the time about the OG movie) and maybe see what GIF reaction DBOI posts.

John Campea theorizes Steve Rogers may join Black Panther 2 for a small part to help bring some star power since they are not recasting T'Challa.
    I'm cursing like crazy in the language of Mordor's black speech right now.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    There's no good in story reason for T'Challa to be gone, after everything that has transpired in the MCU. There's just shitty and less shitty reasons (more shitty being killing him off on or off screen, and less shitty having him being "Away" or sent off into deep space or alt universe)

This is opinion, not fact. This is the problem, it's not about the story, they could create the best BP story in the franchise history but it won't mean anything to you. And what if you don't like the actor who they recast T'Challa with?

Bp comics ARE central and centered around T'Challa. We only have a couple mini's that aren't focused around T'Challa (flag's of our fathers, and Shuris mini's) that even talk about other BPs, so.lets not pretend that T'Challa is somehow just the current holder in comics and over the 50+ years of publication there's been multiple BP series of different characters.
    Except when the tiresome were it's not and this inset about comics. Don't deflect the conversation away from the MCU when that's what recasting Bsoeman is about. We've had runs in BP's ongoing with protagonist who weren't T'Challa as Black panther. Did you read Priest's run? Let's not pretend the context in Marvel that the Black panther identity was solely limited to T'Challa as if the identity lives or dies by his being in the costume. Never has been. Multiple Black panther's have taken up that identity in that 50+ years, it wasn't unbroken by T'Challa.

Also no one has said that recasting Chad would be easy. People have Said his Story is far from over and it wouldn't be right for this story of this character to die with the actor. Everyone already knows that no one can replicate Chad, he is the OG. But just like bond or Batman one actor doesn't hold sole control over these fictional characters neither do I think these actors would want these characters to end with them.
    They've heavily implied it and it continues unabated. Boseman's legacy and impact on the world as a person and Black panther is diminished by doing this. I keep bringing up how difficult this is but they don't care. Just do it, Marvel it's not like Hollywood's ever had problems with this before. Which again ignore the fact that Boseman died as if that wouldn't make Marvel pause for various reasons, both emotional and business reasons to honor his legacy. This isn't comics, Boseman was a living, breathing man not a piece of paper. Bond and Batman's actors don't get replaced when they die, they leave or quit and go onto other projects and most of those characters don't occur in the same universe. Actors don't have that control over those characters, even if they wanted to.This isn't about the actors or the characters it's about the audience, they don't think Boseman's being respected BP's movies just got much harder staying in production.

As for the comment about people calling for recast a week after his passing. Yes that did happen, and you know what else happened that your glossing over? People on social media and website's calling for Shuri to take the mantle 2 days after his passing with the fastest being people on social media calling for her to replace him and hour after the announcement of his passing. So let's make sure we talk the who picture here.
    Both were wrong, if I had encountered Shuri fans like this I'd call them out but I haven't had the opportunity to. Except you're not addressing the fact both did that for the same wrong reason they just didn't have an opinion you disagreed with. Respecting Boseman had nothing to do with it.

And if we are being frank, I have seen more "feelings" than facts about why Shuri should take the mantle over "Feelings" than facts over a recast. And the fact is, T'Challa holds more weight and has more significance and importance to this franchise than any other characters l apart of it and people don't want to see him become a footnote in the franchise he carried on his back for decades.
    So? Were they right because of those feelings? No. Feelings by themselves just cause chaos and destruction, without facts or wisdom to temper that heat in fandom brings pain, this is how we Ron Marz got death threats for making Hal Jordan a villain. Because people let their feelings guide them into acting like fools. True, and in a perfect world we would have more adventures of T'Challa in the MCU excerpt Boseman died creating a void in the status quo. This is more about replacing Boseman than T'Challa, not the reverse. T'Challa didn't do that by himself, he has no agency himself in media its the artists, writers and editors who did that heavy lifting. All fictional characters do this for their franchises. Not many of them survive recasting an iconic actor in an iconic role and they definitely don't do this in the same universe like T'Challa's in. It sucks, I love for them to recast Chadwick but that's not happening right now. Going by the DCU movies T'Challa's going to have wait 8 years, that's what happened when the Joker and that still needed to be in a new movie universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken
    Of course, this is 100% about feelings. Everything is about feelings.
    Feelings are important, but they aren't what should define how we act. We've seen the road to those who let their feelings control them over reason and facts. That's how we get to people harassing creators and issuing death threats over their characters being "disrespected." Look up HEAT/Hal Emerald Advance Team. I could also bring up a very, very recent example in the real world of fools who let reason override facts.

Ultimate Member

Feelings are important, but they aren't what should define how we act. We've seen the road to those who let their feelings control them over reason and facts. That's how we get to people harassing creators and issuing death threats over their characters being "disrespected." Look up HEAT/Hal Emerald Advance Team. I could also bring up a very, very recent example in the real world of fools who let reason override f
    Which is fully understandable but that really isn't the case here. At all.

This is just an appreciation thread which has a couple of brothers (and sometimes a creator) interacting and expressing our feelings- both positive and negative.

Nothing even remotely close to being abusive and or harassment is happening here.
    Last edited by Username taken; 01-15-2021 at 02:05 AM.

Fantastic Member LastManStanding's Avatar

That Black Panther: King In Black panel where T'Challa is going for Storm:

Last edited by LastManStanding; 01-15-2021 at 04:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    With the way T'Challa describes the other Avengers, it feels like Aaron has a better handle on T'Challa then he does the rest of the team (and I guess he doesn't know Jen and Robbie well enough to concretely sum up their habits?).
    Yeah, T'CHalla is probably the ONLY Avenger that you can say he writers well. The rest are sort of poor to average. I think Aaron genuinely likes T'Challa, and it shows.

Not that I think Aarons doing a terrible job on this book or anything... it's a fun book. But characterization isn't quite his strong point. I'm less worried about T'Challa than almost anyone else in the book at the moment.

Just like he was going to save the day in BP1, right?

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    The thing is in comics, status quo is king.

T'Challa might leave the throne for the same of a story or whatever, but he'll always come back to it because that's sort of how comics work. For better or for worse, things rarely if ever REALLY change. It's a nice safety net if you don't like change.

On the movie side of things, you might have more to worry about (and I'd say that even if Boseman didn't pass away). I think the movies are more willing to actually have the characters REALLY change. But comics not so much. If marvel comics are still around, it's a pretty safe bet our great great grandkids will be sitting around reading comics with T'Challa on the throne.