The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    If it helps, the two fisted Buddha punch thing pretty much disappears from the narrative shortly after its introduction. As the series progresses, it slowly moves away from secret technique stuff and gets more into solid fundamentals.

There is an /extremely/ silly lock technique in, I think, three or four arcs from where you are but series seems to be tending more towards... well, not realism per say, more grounded fighting stuff.

To some extent hehe. Still a fair amount of silly stuff in there but that's part of the charm.

Pro wrestlers are a special exemption. They get booked VERY strong.
    I have seen this (also been through the arc with the silly lock....).

I mean, I like a lot of it. It's somewhat Kengan Ashura-esque, in that there's some good stuff and solid basic ideas mixed in with the weirdness. So, tolerable for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Also the UK has the worst covid numbers in the world at the moment.

1,560 people dead yesterday and at cases wise were at 1 in 620ish. Utterly unconscionable handling by the government.
    I'm really sorry. This is being handled poorly all around (with a few notable exceptions, like why didn't other places at least TRY to learn from the ones who...wait, right, 'the economy' - aka the Stock Market - got prioritized).

Quote Originally Posted by Noldere View Post
    Health benefits? Is that something you can eat?

I jest (poorly), but I'm also of the current mindset to- given the choice between going to the hospital and dying- pick the option with fewer steps and expenses.
    I've heard people say versions of this in the US. I'm really sorry.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

...spoke too soon about the manga, just had a chi punch.

Hopefully it's an outlier. ^_^
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    I've heard people say versions of this in the US. I'm really sorry.
    It's more my family's luck with hospitals than a criticism of the medical system (though there's a lot to criticize said medical system for), but the condolences are appreciated nonetheless.
    This signature intentionally left blank.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

I did say slowly haha.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Man one of my classes actually got worse for remote learning this semester smh

Since the class can be taken in person now for whatever reason it's treated as a regular class in a classroom and we went from clearly seeing and hearing the instructor via a screenshare to seeing a blackboard from an out of focus camera with bad contrast settings and having to hear him from across the room.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Extraordinary Member

On the topic of Martial Arts, for one of my books I'm trying to do the Supernatural martial arts thing in a more realistic style.

By which I mean, I try to start with realistic martial arts, and then extrapolate how the supernatural element I introduce would be incorporated into them in a realistic way.

That said, I'm no kind of Martial Artist IRL, so I dunno how good I'm doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    On the topic of Martial Arts, for one of my books I'm trying to do the Supernatural martial arts thing in a more realistic style.

By which I mean, I try to start with realistic martial arts, and then extrapolate how the supernatural element I introduce would be incorporated into them in a realistic way.

That said, I'm no kind of Martial Artist IRL, so I dunno how good I'm doing.
    Watch some videos and find some books on Martial Arts. About the closest you can get without a teacher.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

A ghost from the past. Fervidor's Avatar

One of the superheroes I'm been coming up with is pretty much literally a reverse Harley Quinn.

She's called Psycho Girl and used to be an unhinged, axe-crazy villain with the power to absorb mental information from people through touch. While trying to escape an institution for the criminally insane, she ended up permanently absorbing the entire mind of her psychiatrist, Rogue-style. This completely destroyed her sense of identity, but thanks to her new skills she was able to cure herself via self-therapy. She's still kinda manic, impulsive and has a violent streak, but she also genuinely wants to help people. Between stabbing, hitting or exploding things, she tends to provide mental health advice both to heroes and villains whenever she thinks they need it.

Still not quite sure what she looks like - mainly because I still just see her as Harley Quinn in my head. I'm thinking more of a punk rock aesthetic than demented clown-girl, though.
    "This doesn't look easy. But I bet it is!"
    -Homer Simpson.

"Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Fervidor View Post
    One of the superheroes I'm been coming up with is pretty much literally a reverse Harley Quinn.

She's called Psycho Girl and used to be an unhinged, axe-crazy villain with the power to absorb mental information from people through touch. While trying to escape an institution for the criminally insane, she ended up permanently absorbing the entire mind of her psychiatrist, Rogue-style. This completely destroyed her sense of identity, but thanks to her new skills she was able to cure herself via self-therapy. She's still kinda manic, impulsive and has a violent streak, but she also genuinely wants to help people. Between stabbing, hitting or exploding things, she tends to provide mental health advice both to heroes and villains whenever she thinks they need it.

Still not quite sure what she looks like - mainly because I still just see her as Harley Quinn in my head. I'm thinking more of a punk rock aesthetic than demented clown-girl, though.

Could always use Telltale Harley as a basis.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

A ghost from the past. Fervidor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Could always use Telltale Harley as a basis.
    Part of it is that I don't want her to resemble Harley too much, since she's already sort of an obvious expy/homage. I don't mind being accused of unoriginality, but I like to make the characters distinct enough that they can still come into their own.

I do like the jacket, though. She could wear it over her hypersuit. (The suits are sort of a big deal: Most pro super-people wear one out a few mass-produced patterns of advanced battlesuit. Homemade costumes are considered very old-school and using them is seen as an amateur thing, to say nothing about going into battle in what is basically just street clothes.)
    "This doesn't look easy. But I bet it is!"
    -Homer Simpson.

"Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

I started watching Cobra Kai. What a fun show.