View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 875 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 3757758258658718728738748758768778788798859259751375 ... LastLast
Results 13,111 to 13,125 of 21672

Does anyone know if the remaining volumes of Ostrander's Martian Manhunter will be released?

Also, does anyone here own these TPB's and know if the paper is glossy or newsprint?

Mighty Member

How has DCs recent deluxe quality been? Still using glue and black boards randomly? I havent bought one in over a year because of the lack of consistency.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    The upcoming JSA book is the story of how they went into limbo after COIE, along with a bunch of the Secret Origins issues Roy Thomas write about them.
    Worth reading or nah?

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DCJdog View Post
    Does anyone know if the remaining volumes of Ostrander's Martian Manhunter will be released?

Also, does anyone here own these TPB's and know if the paper is glossy or newsprint?
    I wish they'd complete this run; two more trades should do it. However it's been so long since the second volume, I doubt it's gonna happen. Ditto for Ostrander's The Spectre.

I own both; they're glossy paper.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Got the Gotham Central Omnibus, it's fantastic. Is this a superior quality DC Omnibus? I've only got the Johns GL Omnibus v1-2 to compare. It feels much like a Marvel Omnibus. I've flicked through it and it seems well put together. Definitely glad I upgraded from the HCs.

I'm tempted to get the Planetary Omnibus now, if it is nice build quality like this.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by NZ_InFerno View Post
    Got the Gotham Central Omnibus, it's fantastic. Is this a superior quality DC Omnibus? I've only got the Johns GL Omnibus v1-2 to compare. It feels much like a Marvel Omnibus. I've flicked through it and it seems well put together. Definitely glad I upgraded from the HCs.

I'm tempted to get the Planetary Omnibus now, if it is nice build quality like this.
    Planetary has a marginally tighter binding but better quality coverstock, definitly pick up a copy if you havnt got the Absolutes

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I wish they'd complete this run; two more trades should do it. However it's been so long since the second volume, I doubt it's gonna happen. Ditto for Ostrander's The Spectre.

I mean, DC is rumored to release a follow up to an Aquaman story, released in tpb around 2003/4. Its defiantly possible....But HIGHLY unlikely. His Spectre trades were phenomenal. I crave more.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    I mean, DC is rumored to release a follow up to an Aquaman story, released in tpb around 2003/4.
    Oh really? Which story is that?

The only Aquaman books I've seen solicited are "Rebirth" volumes, and the final "Sub-Diego" era trade.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

GC is pretty much what you can expect on all newer DC omnis. Great paper, sewn but still a bit too tight so you'll get a hundredish pages in the front and back that has to be held to stay open, terrible cheap cardboard cover material. They are much improved from where they were even just a couple of years ago though.

I hope somebody corrects me if I'm wrong here because I've held off on the Planetary omni because of this. I've always been under the impression that it is a terribly bad completely glued mousetrap binding with bad gutter loss.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by OldManBrian View Post
    GC is pretty much what you can expect on all newer DC omnis. Great paper, sewn but still a bit too tight so you'll get a hundredish pages in the front and back that has to be held to stay open, terrible cheap cardboard cover material. They are much improved from where they were even just a couple of years ago though.

I hope somebody corrects me if I'm wrong here because I've held off on the Planetary omni because of this. I've always been under the impression that it is a terribly bad completely glued mousetrap binding with bad gutter loss.
    I've got the initial release printing. While not the best binding, it is sewn and i wouldn't consider it a mousetrap. Now hawkman on the other hand...

Oh really? Which story is that?

The only Aquaman books I've seen solicited are "Rebirth" volumes, and the final "Sub-Diego" era trade.
    It appears they've since updated the book. Before it was a follow up, or V.2, to The Waterbearer, which contained issues #1-4 and a secret files story. Amazon now lists it as a NEW EDITION, said to collect issues 5-14. However, because the title dropped the Vol.2 portion, I assume this will now contain all 14 issues and the Secret Files story. Said to be released this January.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/14012...WVVG82EMQTG5G6

Thanks man. You never know . . . I thought that they would never finish up the JLE Griffen run and they ended up putting out an omnibus. We'll see.

I've had the Planetary omnibus too and it's a really nice book. It's also a great read.

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    How has DCs recent deluxe quality been? Still using glue and black boards randomly? I havent bought one in over a year because of the lack of consistency.
    They switched to sewn bindings in January 2016. Black boards still get used sometimes like they always have.

Yes, DC omnis have been pretty consistent in quality since early-to-mid 2015. The only thing that's still random is whether the book uses the black cover boards or printed art coverboards. In Planetary's case, it uses the printed cover boards and it looks great.

I love the paper stock DC omnis use.

Quote Originally Posted by OldManBrian View Post

Planetary has had multiple printings. The first had a very tight binding. I have the third printing (from around early 2015) and it has a fantastic binding.

Via Previewsworld:

The correct contents of Justice League by Giffen and DeMatteis Omnibus Vol. 1 HC (APR170428, $99.99) are: Justice League #1-#6, Justice League International #7-#25, Justice League America #26-#30, Justice League International Annual #1-#3, Justice League Europe #1-#6.