Page 4 of 105 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    They have the green for plant life with Swamp thing as the avatar. The red for animal life and Animal man as the avatar (I think).

How about the blue for aquatic life and Tempest as the avatar?

Attachment 76012
    If it means more Garth I could go for it.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Only teens can join the Titans franchise. It puts a cap on how the Titans teams can be viewed and depicted in the DCU. At most they will allow in legacy characters who might be young adults join the other adult Titans, who are on the team because they were teens before, but the team is capped on what kind of heroes can join it. Other adult teams do not have this issue. A Mr Terrific or Animal Man aren't going to suddenly join the Titans next relaunch. So the Titans team and franchise is firmly stuck in the "young heroes" mold and it causes them to be constantly looked down on by other adult teams. This is fine for a team of actual teens, but when you have heroes that have been adults for decades, many who have had their own children, the Titans franchise is more of a detriment to them. They need to grow up and move on and leave the franchise to the actual young heroes (which there are tons now) instead of doing the same things they did as teens but are now two generations removed from being the "young heroes".
    Why would we want Mr. Terrific and Animal Man on the Titans? The team is more unique then that, and their a family in a way other DC teams (aside from the JSA) aren't.

The Titans is always going to probably be a mix of adults and teenagers unless we get a pure Titans, adult, team and a separate teenage team but I don't think that necessarily limits the stories and development for those characters...especially since Titans book seems to be the only books that even care to bother with those characters.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by astro@work View Post
    The first reasonable solution I've read to the Bar Torr problem. Don't forget Bar Torr came back after that, seemingly abandoning Solstice in the future prison...WHICH SHE COMMITEED CRIMES TO BE IN JUST TO BE NEAR BAR. Good times.
    I didn't forget, but at that time I was just done, and I wasn't even sure if he's the same person, because the people who were still reading didn't mention anything about the prison planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Why would we want Mr. Terrific and Animal Man on the Titans? The team is more unique then that, and their a family in a way other DC teams (aside from the JSA) aren't.

The Titans is always going to probably be a mix of adults and teenagers unless we get a pure Titans, adult, team and a separate teenage team but I don't think that necessarily limits the stories and development for those characters...especially since Titans book seems to be the only books that even care to bother with those characters.
    The family/friends aspect of Titans is the draw for me. I don't care what kind of missions they go on as long as it's a fun and exciting time with these characters bouncing off one another.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Mighty Member

And there is absolutely no problem with the titans having two separate teams. One for the next gen heroes and one for the veterans. I fail to see the issue with it and how it "limits" development. Honestly i think it can prove that the Titans can stand on their own as a respectable team. They don't need validation from anyone. No team does.

Titans #32 did a great job of developing Mother Blood. It feels like villains never get the amount of development as heroes do. Villains are characters too.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

I'm discovering The Titans series from 1999 and, guys, this page is everything I ever wanted and will always want from a Titans book :

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon...._QL80_TTD_.jpg

I finished the first four issues and I'm far from being disappointed. Great to read cool DC stories.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    I'm discovering The Titans series from 1999 and, guys, this page is everything I ever wanted and will always want from a Titans book :

I finished the first four issues and I'm far from being disappointed. Great to read cool DC stories.
    Great issue and great serie, this is exactly what means beeing a Titan.
    No Justice League, no Suicide Squad no other team will ever have this!

Spectacular Member

I hope that Animal Man and even Vixen appears in Titans considering that they are in a story very related to the Red.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    If Mother Blood can speak through Beast Boy by using the Red does that mean she can also control him?
    A future cover show Beast Boy controlled by Mother Blood.

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by failo.legendkiller View Post
    Great issue and great serie, this is exactly what means beeing a Titan.
    No Justice League, no Suicide Squad no other team will ever have this!
    These legends laughing in a restaurant like kids, while their children are playing, a page full of happiness, of light. I don't have words to describe how wonderful it is.

I hope that, one day, we will be lucky enough to see our Titans reunited and with every member of their family (well ... Terry Long can stay dead, fair trade !).

I haven't read them, but I agree. The one definitive difference with Justice League is that they are brought by friendship, not just necessity.

So. Since there's a separate forum for the Teen version, I'm gonna jump and talk about Titans the grown up here.
    I don't know where to start. I want to say the first time I heard of Titans was when I read a Wizard interview of George Perez talking about his team, but that's still Teen Titans. It just have the same characters. Nightwing was discussed so that's why I thought it was Titans.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

These legends laughing in a restaurant like kids, while their children are playing, a page full of happiness, of light. I don't have words to describe how wonderful it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I haven't read them, but I agree. The one definitive difference with Justice League is that they are brought by friendship, not just necessity.
    I'm worried that this is exactly what Didio hates and what he's trying to erase from DC.
    Instead I've always thought this was the strength of DC: Legacy, Family, Friends, Light against darkness. Sadly, time changes... everything changes.

I will always champion this book. It's probably my all time favorite series and I generally avoid picking favorites because they can change. The series drops a bit after Helfer takes over because he introduces some runaways (not a bad idea) but he wanted them to become the new Titans and take over the book. What???? Even then DC was trying to screw over the Titans in their own damn book.

Quote Originally Posted by failo.legendkiller View Post
    I'm worried that this is exactly what Didio hates and what he's trying to erase from DC.
    Instead I've always thought this was the strength of DC: Legacy, Family, Friends, Light against darkness. Sadly, time changes... everything changes.
    I don't think he even care that far. What he cares is that we have what he views to be excess characters. A bunch of adult characters with the same power and skill set as the Justice League. So he view them as irrelevant because he doesn't know how to market them. He doesn't know what's the point of these characters when there's already a team more popular with the same skill set.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 01-04-2019 at 07:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I don't think he even care that far. What he cares is that we have what he views to be excess characters. A bunch of adult characters with the same power and skill set as the Justice League. So he view them as irrelevant because he doesn't know how to market them. He doesn't know what's the point of these characters when there's already a team more popular with the same skill set.
    I hate it when people only see a powerset or a costume.