• Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    However, the sentinites have nothing to really do with Cassandra beyond conceptualization: it has to do with Forge. Forge is the person who was able to create the machine to take away Ororo's powers in the first place, completely until she overcame it. So I have no doubt that when he made the sentinites he took Ororo's mental fortitude into account and made them so that they would be able to overcome anyone's will. Plus - she WAS asleep.
    again she was able to not only resist Dracula hold on her but was also able to revert back to human form. and I understand she was sleep but once she became aware it would have been nice to see her resist to some degree especially considering her past showings. that is the only point and based upon her history it is a most fair one.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    you said she needs to limits, she needs to lose and needs room to grow. all of those things exist with her as she now.

here's the thing, I dont think sue should be able to block anything beyond the thing power level. I dont think Sue's shield should be able to bust through a celestial armor, or withstand multiple punches from hulk, block Jean's telepathy, or do be able to block Johnny storm shield. her shield is way too powerful and doesn't demonstrate a limitation on her ability. but I'm sure you love all of those showings and even point to them to demonstrate how powerful she is, right? so why do you want to impose limits on storm when she has shown growth in this aeea, something you said all characters should have yet you want sue to be the biggest baddest b!tch??? it says in canon she is immune and yet you keep arguing she is resistant to it. you are pointing to outdated showings trying to ignore the more recent which clearly states she is immune, because she needs limits? I hope you are applying this same logic with sue but I'm most confident you are not. are limits only good when it doesnt apply to your fave?? please help me understand.

I like how you ignored my point about sue though. I see u boo.

I ignored it because I've heard worse things from someone who actually wants her depowered. There is someone who has said that Sue should should stay at home and be a "classical woman" and says that she should not have force fields for some reason.
    Sue has limits and I'm fine with those limits it's what I like about the character. I've never wanted her to be the most powerful hero ever and never wanted her to be "the biggest baddest b*tch", otherwise she loses what I like about her in the first place. I like characters with limits and slowly overcoming them but then there are countless more challenges ahead of them.

Storm should have limits too and having unlimited power reduces the amount of awesome stories you can tell with her. I've seen posts saying that she has no limits and I don't want that at all. Give me lots of limits and challenges that she breaks through only for there to be more.
    Last edited by Crimz; 05-16-2018 at 04:22 PM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

again she was able to not only resist Dracula hold on her but was also able to revert back to human form. and I understand she was sleep but once she became aware it would have been nice to see her resist to some degree especially considering her past showings. that is the only point and based upon her history it is a most fair one.
    She didnt become aware/ The sentinites removed all agency. How could she use her will power to fight it when she didnt know anything was wrong with her? She was working on autopilot, being controlled by tech. Thats quite different than her defeating Malice whom she counteracted while conscious and mentally prepared to tackle

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

It's a fair assessment but I just don't happen to agree. I posit that she never actually was aware the whole time that she was under the sway of the sentinite - it was taking over her entire brain, not just a single part of it, and what we see in the issue is that she was acting without any thought, which also made it easier for Cassandra to specifically send her to Wakanda. If she was aware of what was going on it probably would have been a different story and we would've seen her at least try to fight back. We didn't.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I ignored it because I've heard worse things from someone who actually wants her depowered. There is someone who has said that Sue should should stay at home and be a "classical woman" and says that she should not have force fields for some reason.
    Sue has limits and I'm fine with those limits it's what I like about the character. I like characters with limits and slowly overcoming them but then there are countless more challenges ahead of them. Storm should have limits too and having unlimited power reduces the amount of awesome stories you can tell with her. I've seen posts saying that she has no limits and I don't want that at all. Give me lots of limits and challenges that she breaks through only for there to be more.
    I'm not talking about her being powerless. I'm talking about limits on her shield and how they function. in regards to storm what story have you read where she exhibited unlimited power ? how long ago was that? I'm asking because I cant recall a story in recent years where she didnt exhibit some form of limitation in her powers.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    She didnt become aware/ The sentinites removed all agency. How could she use her will power to fight it when she didnt know anything was wrong with her? She was working on autopilot, being controlled by tech. Thats quite different than her defeating Malice whom she counteracted while conscious and mentally prepared to tackle
    you do realize everything you mentioned about the sentinites is the same thing Dracula does to his victims but it goes further because he makes them undead right? and she resisted malice as a "human" without her power. something Polaris herself with all her power and even with Alex begging her to fight she was still unable to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    It's a fair assessment but I just don't happen to agree. I posit that she never actually was aware the whole time that she was under the sway of the sentinite - it was taking over her entire brain, not just a single part of it, and what we see in the issue is that she was acting without any thought, which also made it easier for Cassandra to specifically send her to Wakanda. If she was aware of what was going on it probably would have been a different story and we would've seen her at least try to fight back. We didn't.
    again, being beaten by Dracula and becoming undead is far worse than what has happened in red. his infection doesnt just take over you whole mind it completely transform you from living to unloving. that is a big difference.

again, being beaten by Dracula and becoming undead is far worse than what has happened in red. his infection doesnt just take over you whole mind it completely transform you from living to unloving. that is a big difference.
    There's another big difference here, too: it's an entirely different situation altogether. She was unconscious when the sentinite was injected into her and attached itself to her amygdala. She was conscious when Dracula started to hypnotize her and turn her into a vampire.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

you do realize everything you mentioned about the sentinites is the same thing Dracula does to his victims but it goes further because he makes them undead right? and she resisted malice as a "human" without her power. something Polaris herself with all her power and even with Alex begging her to fight she was still unable to do.
    Can you reference the issue you are talking about so I can do a check of it myself?UXM Annual 6? Thanks

I'm not talking about her being powerless. I'm talking about limits on her shield and how they function. in regards to storm what story have you read where she exhibited unlimited power ? how long ago was that? I'm asking because I cant recall a story in recent years where she didnt exhibit some form of limitation in her powers.
    There are limits to her force-field and those limits are why she gets creative and it leads to her most interesting battles.

On Storm, I'm talking about her being a Goddess now possibly meaning she has no limits being a problem. I never brought up the limit thing before that, even as a Goddess she should have limits and challenges. Limits push a character in several ways and there would be more creativity with her powers.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

I am here to appreciate Storm's new costume!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    Me too. Welcome, boo.

WIG!! Welcome!
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

I need Asrar to release the full costume sketch and also the Charest cover of issue 7.

I'm here to appreciate Storm hopefully under a better writer/story.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I'm with Kyss on this. There was another story where Mojo had gotten control over all the X-Men (Storm, Magneto, Psylocke, Rogue, Wolverine, etc). It was stated that of all of them, Storm had the strongest will, however, once she became aware of herself being controlled, she broke his hold over her. She was able to sense the disharmony within her very being:
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/D9ZSCntVqmH...K1b-FI4m=s1600
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/TKmZhasuEB9...tFbCTFZU=s1600

Storm should have felt something wrong within her very being in this case and been able to throw it off.

Then, there was another instance in Wolverine and the X-Men where that telepath from Phoenix Corp got the drop on Ororo with his mental attack. She didn't know he was a telepath. Initially, he was able to subdue her because of the surprise attack, however, once she got an awareness of something not being right, she was able to throw off his mental whammy, and he was powerless against her for the rest of the story since she had her mental guard up.