10 31.25%
  • Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
    hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I still very much don't think that Ororo was aware at all about any of this.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I wasn't in on the lightning conversation. Like I said, I have no preference there or leg in the race. Red didn't bother me but it not hurting her doesn't bother me either.

I don't mind Storm being powerful at all but I like it when characters have challenges and I just think that Cassandra is the perfect challenge for most characters, Storm included.
    I like when characters have challenges as well, I just don't think Cassandra Nova can pose much of a threat to Ororo, to be honest. Storm has TONS of development over the years developing her mental defenses so that no telepath of any strength can overcome her without PIS. I think it was you who tried to argue that Storm could not hurt Cassie Nova because she doesn't have a physical body. This is not true. IIRC, she can still open doors and interact with the physical world in this form. On top of that, both Storm and Magneto have shown the ability to scramble or jam psionic energy with their powers. Heck, Xavier explains to Jean that when they enter into somebody else's consciousness, they are merely electrical impulses:
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-_kVogPskwE...c42/RCO005.jpg

We have also seen Storm hurt Xavier's astral form without even trying.

Given all of these facts, I think it would be safe to say that not only can Storm put the hurt on Nova's mental energy form when she's running around the streets, she could probably pull a Stardust move on Nova's energy form and destroy her. Stardust is a Herald of Galactus composed of cosmic energy. Storm was able to rip electrons from her body and send them back with enough force to blow her up. There is no reason to think she couldn't do the same to Nova if the two of them fought when Nova is in a state where she doesn't have a physical body.
    Last edited by rutog98; 05-16-2018 at 05:32 PM.

I need Asrar to release the full costume sketch and also the Charest cover of issue 7.
    Same tbh. It looks good but I need to see more
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    I like when characters have challenges as well, I just don't think Cassandra Nova can pose much of a threat to Ororo, to be honest. Storm has TONS of development over the years developing her mental defenses so that no telepath of any strength can overcome her without PIS. I think it was you who tried to argue that Storm could not hurt Cassie Nova because she doesn't have a physical body. This is not true. IIRC, she can still open doors and interact with the physical world in this form. On top of that, both Storm and Magneto have shown the ability to scramble or jam psionic energy with their powers. Heck, Xavier explains to Jean that when they enter into somebody else's consciousness, they are merely electrical impulses:
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-_kVogPskwE...c42/RCO005.jpg

Given this, I think it would be safe to say that not only can Storm put the hurt on Nova's mental energy form when she's running around the streets, she could probably pull a Stardust move on Nova's energy form and destroy her. Stardust is a Herald of Galactus composed of cosmic energy. Storm was able to rip electrons from her body and send them back with enough force to blow her up. There is no reason to think she couldn't do the same to Nova if the two of them fought when Nova is in a state where she doesn't have a physical body.
    Honestly I'm done with this conversation. I don't like going in circles and you're literally just spouting the same nonsense over and over again. Cassandra is a psychic construct which means she can interact with the physical world. Everything else... Go read Uncanny X-Force. I'm not arguing with you. Just go read it.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

Honestly I'm done with this conversation. I don't like going in circles and you're literally just spouting the same nonsense over and over again. Cassandra is a psychic construct which means she can interact with the physical world. Everything else... Go read Uncanny X-Force. I'm not arguing with you. Just go read it.
    She is a psychic construct, but Storm controls energies that can scramble psychic energy. Got it?

Nova may not have been affected by Storm's blizzard in that story, but she should be able to hurt Nova in her psychic construct form with her electrical manipulations and projections. No story will change my mind on that as anything to the contrary is simply devaluing aspects of how Storm's powers work.
    Last edited by rutog98; 05-16-2018 at 05:35 PM.

She is a psychic construct, but Storm controls energies that can scramble psychic energy. Got it?

Nova may not have been affected by Storm's blizzard in that story, but she should be able to hurt Nova in her psychic construct form with her electrical manipulations and projections. No story will change my mind on that as anything to the contrary is simply devaluing aspects of how Storm's powers work.
    I'm sure that she tried and that it didn't work, since I mean Storm's default is lightning.

Storm can't beat Cassandra. You've tried to prove me wrong. You have failed. This conversation is over. We're moving on now.

Let's all talk about the new costume. I am LIVING for the collar.

BANNED

I'm sure that she tried and that it didn't work, since I mean Storm's default is lightning.

Storm can't beat Cassandra. You've tried to prove me wrong. You have failed. This conversation is over. We're moving on now.

Let's all talk about the new costume. I am LIVING for the collar.
    The issue did not show Storm using electricity against Nova, IIRC, so you need to stop making that up right now. Also, not every writer gives Storm her due when she fights psis. The fact of the matter is Storm has been shown to be able to hurt astral forms (she hurt Xavier's) with her electrical powers as well as scramble incoming psychic attacks effectively frying telepaths out of her mind. She has the ability to disrupt psychic energy, so a being composed of physical psychic energy should be vulnerable to certain aspects of her powers IF she is written with her due against psychic foes.

We may just have to agree to disagree.

BANNED

And one thing we know for sure, Taylor said that Nova fears Jean, not Ororo, yet Jean was easily beaten telepathically by Nova over in New X-Men:

Ororo can shut down her nervous system with a passing thought by controlling the electrical impulses in her brain (same as she did to Sinister). She can batter her senseless (or even to death) with elemental barrages (we have seen Storm lift skyscrapers on her winds, knock back tsunami waves that weighed a million tons=1 billion pounds coming at her at hundreds and hundreds of miles per hour, we have seen Storm redirect the full power of a mutant strong enough to split the planet like a ripe melon, we have seen her blow up a Herald of Galactus, she just one-shotted Adversary recently in Black Panther nearly disintegrating him with her attack, she has destroyed near-Godzilla-sized monsters made up of vibranium with the force of her elemental fury, she can freeze the veins and heart in Nova's body, or control the air in her lungs, she can manipulate the pressure inside of Nova).

Here, we see Nova easily best Jean telepathically:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/3vVzxUlKtqa...HjDg0_MB=s1600
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/9tQQzaysVU5...MLRolwA8=s1600
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/8yZ2S2awi3Y...RgXBlI0t=s1600

Jean does manage to separate her from Logan with a creative use of her TK powers, but doesn't even slow Nova down.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/CIh2n42PSB9...dfM6y4dI=s1600
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/Bw-QrkWq_ba...x7SVnv9D=s1600
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/0dd_84oku5z...sTk16GOo=s1600

and then Emma strikes:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/k493CbI4tnW...g21thBjk=s1600

Well, now she fears Jean and not Ororo, huh? When Storm has been able to defeat psis stronger than Nova...

Looks like a lot of canon is about to be ignored for Jean in this story arc.
    Storm is the one who has the canon to be the threat to Nova as Storm should have a massive advantage over her in a fight.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    you do realize everything you mentioned about the sentinites is the same thing Dracula does to his victims but it goes further because he makes them undead right? and she resisted malice as a "human" without her power. something Polaris herself with all her power and even with Alex begging her to fight she was still unable to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Can you reference the issue you are talking about so I can do a check of it myself?UXM Annual 6? Thanks

Scratch that. I see you must have been talking about UXM 159. It was not the same thing. Even when she was turned into a vampire, she still knew who she was. She still knew who the X-men were as she was able to talk to them. She was still Storm. She was a mindless puppet here. She had no autonomy and had no clue who she was fighting or even a sense of self. She was running on autopilot, which was not the case when Dracula got a hold of her. The sentinites are tech based, not mental. Her body was taken over by machines, which had a different effect on her, than had someone straight up going for her mind

Okay, but seriously. This costume. The regal collar, the dipping neckline, the ponytail invoking but not remaking the mohawk, what appears to be a full cape as opposed to one attached to her wrists... yesssss. This is such a good look, maybe even my favorite.

Okay, but seriously. This costume. The regal collar, the dipping neckline, the ponytail invoking but not remaking the mohawk, what appears to be a full cape as opposed to one attached to her wrists... yesssss. This is such a good look, maybe even my favorite.
    Ditch the gold linings and leave the neck/cape trimmed in gold and scrap that x on her stomach. Put her ruby on the neckline and we are ready for takeoff
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

There's another big difference here, too: it's an entirely different situation altogether. She was unconscious when the sentinite was injected into her and attached itself to her amygdala. She was conscious when Dracula started to hypnotize her and turn her into a vampire.
    where does it say that since she is unconscious her will power becomes ineffective? her being unconscious or not was irrelevant with Dracula as she didnt fight off his control over her until at least a day or two later. she had given in to his control, she had become undead. her mind, body, and soul were Dracula's to command. in the case of these sentinites they only affected her brain. no amount of telepathy would do away such control, which wasnt the case with red as jean was able to remove her desire/impression to protect wakanda. by all means this control over her in red was far less invasive than dracula's control yet she was able to overcome one and not the other. now one could argue given time she could have broken free but it would have been nice to see her resist or attempt to gain control.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    There are limits to her force-field and those limits are why she gets creative and it leads to her most interesting battles.

On Storm, I'm talking about her being a Goddess now possibly meaning she has no limits being a problem. I never brought up the limit thing before that, even as a Goddess she should have limits and challenges. Limits push a character in several ways and there would be more creativity with her powers.
    what limits does she have on a field that can block hits from the hulk and break through a celestial shield and even block jeans telekinesis?? do u have issue with her shield being able to these things considering she initially could not?

you are taking about probability that has no basis in what has actually occurred in canon. gods powers are based upon how many people believe in the god. so there is a condition that limits her. additionally ororo herself doesnt care about being a god, mutant whatever. she is always going to work to not unnecessarily disrupt the natural order of things, which talks to her self imposed limits. again no one is saying she should be this unstoppable force but as a goddess she should be out of the category of some categories including all the current cast of xmen and even she. if thor can be a successful hero in marvel why cant storm experience similar treatment?

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    I am here to appreciate Storm's new costume!
    welcome my child and may the hadari yao be with you always.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I'm here to appreciate Storm hopefully under a better writer/story.
    yaass I'm here for it.

I need Asrar to release the full costume sketch and also the Charest cover of issue 7.
    me too I need a closer look at storms outfit.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Scratch that. I see you must have been talking about UXM 159. It was not the same thing. Even when she was turned into a vampire, she still knew who she was. She still knew who the X-men were as she was able to talk to them. She was still Storm. She was a mindless puppet here. She had no autonomy and had no clue who she was fighting or even a sense of self. She was running on autopilot, which was not the case when Dracula got a hold of her. The sentinites are tech based, not mental. Her body was taken over by machines, which had a different effect on her, than had someone straight up going for her mind
    again it doesnt matter if she knew who she was or not once anyone is beaten by Dracula you are his slave and you are driven by a thirst for blood. also as I mentioned his power controlled not only your mind but also you body and soul. it also made you undead. Dracula even acknowledges that what ororo did he never experienced in anyone. so I agree they are different but what these sentinites are nowhere near equivalent to what she had to overcome with Dracula. Dracula control over her is not mental either a telepath couldn't correct his hold as jubs would have been converted back to just a mutant way before now. it took the power of a Phoenix shard to restore her and she wasnt even beaten by Dracula himself. all it took to restore storm was the knowledge of a person who understood the brain, someone who could interact with the sentinites, and a tk. they arent comparable. so all in all I think you guys are lowballing storm here and abilities.

I'm here for this costume.

Quote Originally Posted by CookieOnTsunami View Post
    Ditch the gold linings and leave the neck/cape trimmed in gold and scrap that x on her stomach. Put her ruby on the neckline and we are ready for takeoff
    lol why ru so silly lol
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Glints

Excuse the newbie posting and my first but I must ask a question. I just started reading X-Treme X-men on Marvel unlimited and I have a question. Storm and Gambit have an affair while Rogue is depowered? I’m not sure I missed a cross over issue or that actually happened. On a side note I love the new costume and Jean and Ro’ back together.

Quote Originally Posted by Glints View Post
    Excuse the newbie posting and my first but I must ask a question. I just started reading X-Treme X-men on Marvel unlimited and I have a question. Storm and Gambit have an affair while Rogue is depowered? I’m not sure I missed a cross over issue or that actually happened. On a side note I love the new costume and Jean and Ro’ back together.
    I'm not actually sure but I'm sure one of the other fans can tell you. welcome to forum love.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ch3rrytop View Post
    Finally read #4. Thank you X-office for acknowledging Ororo/Tchalla, even if it was a small part it still means a lot. Please Marvel lets keep it moving like this on forward. Just wish this issue had more Storm and Jean interaction, but I guess that will come with later issues.
    this issue was great in that acknowledged her relationship to tchalla, as well as her being a goddess.. this has been a great year for storm fans. let's hope news of Logan returning doesnt ruin this.