Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default BC: DC new Crisis: New 52 II, Didio Rebootaloo?

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/05...vent-revealed/
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/05...man-marriages/

Earlier today, Bleeding Cool revealed the well-sourced rumour that the next big event from DC Comics would be simply called CRISIS. And, yes, would be a reboot. ... So just as I hear that Crisis will be DC Comics’ upcoming big event, so I also hear one of their key figures at DC Comics wants several characters to be unmarried again…
    Last edited by SanityOrMadness; 05-11-2018 at 01:39 PM.

BANNED

Not buying any of this, save for the possibility that there may be an event called 'Crisis'.

Not that I think DC isn't stupid enough to think rebooting again is a good idea, I just don't think that's what's gonna happen. Admittedly I have a bias as another reboot would likely be the final nail in the coffin for me as a DC fan.

As an aside, why does Bleeding Cool seem to end every article with a "click here to see how right we sometimes are!" link? I always think that's funny.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    As an aside, why does Bleeding Cool seem to end every article with a "click here to see how right we sometimes are!" link? I always think that's funny.
    because you look at everytime someone posts a thread about a bleeding cool rumor, people say they are wrong always. Even though they got most of their scoops right this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Not buying any of this, save for the possibility that there may be an event called 'Crisis'.

Not that I think DC isn't stupid enough to think rebooting again is a good idea, I just don't think that's what's gonna happen. Admittedly I have a bias as another reboot would likely be the final nail in the coffin for me as a DC fan.
    Same here, maybe we will have that even called Crisis but I really hope the whole reboot thing is false. The first one was pretty bad, I don't want to see that again.

And if this happen I'll likely reduce my DC buyings (I'll probably stay on one or two books, but it would depend what they'll do with it...) or even stop.
    Favorite characters:
    5 DC- Roy Harper, Donna Troy, Helena Bertinelli, Dinah Laurel Lance and Big Barda
    5 Marvel- Jean Grey, Richard Rider, Natasha Romanoff, Clint Barton and Angelica Jones

Pull List:
    X-Men Red, X-Men Blue, Old Man Hawkeye, Marvel Two-in-One, Aquaman, Mister Miracle, Mera Queen of Atlantis, The Terrifics and some more.

BANNED

I'd be very happy with a reboot of Green Lantern and the whole DCU that just took all the bad stuff out. But I suspect this will be a reboot that tries to put everything back in.

Good luck with that.

Bleeding Cool has been good with rumours like this in the past, so I think there is some truth to this.

I am sick of “Crisis” events, so I am not going to read it. If it is a New 52 style reboot, I am going to stop reading DC. If it is a Rebirth type reboot, I might keep reading depending on how it changes the DCU.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

BANNED

Default Looks like DC maybe heading for a new CRISIS level event in 2020 according to BC

You know this word can never DIE In DC COMICS.... https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/05...vent-revealed/

Also Bonus news given what the aftermath of this CRISIS event will lead us with: https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/05...man-marriages/

Maybe this event will just be a way of cementing what exactly the past is. Because tbh I have no idea what has and hasn't happened anymore.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deku View Post
    I am sick of “Crisis” events, so I am not going to read it. If it is a New 52 style reboot, I am going to stop reading DC. If it is a Rebirth type reboot, I might keep reading depending on how it changes the DCU.
    If getting rid of the Supermarriage and Jon is an objective, it's either N52 or complete cold reboot.

BANNED

Long overdue for DC to use the CRISIS name again in their events.

Well if the BC articles are true, this might be the nail in the coffin for collecting modern comics for me. I'll keep a few titles here and there mostly indies. But on the bright side more money for Gold and Silver age comics.

Spectacular Member

I agree in that if this is a full New 52-style reboot, I am done...out. Now, if it's just a minor continuity fix like Zero Hour or Rebirth, I can deal with that, depending.
    But since Dan Didio took over they have been needing to "fix" things more and more frequently: Infinite Crisis, Final Crisis, Flashpoint/New 52 and Rebirth (not counting Doomsday Clock yet). And it's getting ridiculous.
    Stop making changes to your continuity ever couple years, please!

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    Maybe this event will just be a way of cementing what exactly the past is. Because tbh I have no idea what has and hasn't happened anymore.
    I think that has to be what it is. Tom King has been teasing Sanctuary will be a CRISIS style event, so he is probably the person writing this. I'm guessing this event will firmly establish continuity after the confusing timeline rebirth has been.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Long overdue for DC to use the CRISIS name again in their events.
    No. No, it isn't.