Astonishing Member

Senate will try to reverse ZTE deal via a must-pass defense bill

There's going to be a special place in hell next to Trudeau for daring to go against trump!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    I think the outcry would have happened Pride Month or no, but the reaction to the post (in my case) was due to the pretentiousness of saying this lost the Dems elections. Especially since the user in question has made it clear they believe that it's the main reason Trump won in 2016, which is ridiculous when you look at the other factors involved. On top of that twitter is full of overreactionary people as well as the ones who genuinely care about the issues involved, so any outcry on there that doesn't leave the twitterverse is not one worth caring about.
    The problem is, and this is where a certain contingent of people on the left have a massive credibility and likability problem, is that there's nobody who saw that post and thought it had the slightest fucking thing to do with him trying to make some anti gay statement. And when he said, oh **** I didn't think about that, "you're right" that should have been the end of it. No reasonable person would actually think that it was any bit a political statement besides he probably liked a chicken sandwich he ate. But there's certain people that relished in shaming him for it because.... really the only rationale reason is they wanted something to bitch about so they could feel superior or get off on it. It's a massive turn off. I don't think it makes people alter their behavior whatsoever, which is why I said it's not a big deal. But really makes a lot of people not have a whole lot of empathy or sympathy when that segment (the outrage brigade on the left not the lgbtqia community) take a loss. And it is something the otherside absolutely uses as a tool to rally against.

But yeah Trey is overselling that phenomena being the reason the Democrats aren't in control of the government. It doesn't help whatsoever, but no sane person is going against their interests for it.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ouroboros View Post
    Oliver is a putz.
    Well, he does go after easy targets. Anyone could make a living targeting a bunch of treacherous hypocritcal liars and thieves. Real men advocate absurd and unprovable conspiracies, I've said so for years. Thank god for Sean Ham-nity and his dry erase board of justice.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

WAIT! Hold the phone, here's a Trump tweet that's actually news!

Our Great Larry Kudlow, who has been working so hard on trade and the economy, has just suffered a heart attack. He is now in Walter Reed Medical Center.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Well, he does go after easy targets. Anyone could make a living targeting a bunch of treacherous hypocritcal liars and thieves. Real men advocate absurd and unprovable conspiracies, I've said so for years. Thank god for Sean Ham-nity and his dry erase board of justice.
    Hannity is a step away from knocking on doors and cold opening with, "hello my name is Sean, have you accepted Donald Trump as your personal lord and savior". Complete kook. It was understandable when he was just some uppity white guy triggered over Obama being a black President and threatening his world view. But I'll never understand destroying whatever image you had to die a million deaths on the hill of Donald fucking Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Hannity is a step away from knocking on doors and cold opening with, "hello my name is Sean, have you accepted Donald Trump as your personal lord and savior". Complete kook. It was understandable when he was just some uppity white guy triggered over Obama being a black President and threatening his world view. But I'll never understand destroying whatever image you had to die a million deaths on the hill of Donald fucking Trump.
    Personally, I think Hannity is addicted to the rush of influence peddling. He's the same as Trump, he needs the adulation of the crowd to feel complete. Yeah, he's definitely a nut.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Well, Sean Hamhocks is a buddy of Dolt45, I think I read somewhere Trump has him on speed dial and they chat often, so Hamhocks is willing to die on that hill for the Orange Menace.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    ....sure. :|
    Nothng to see here, just Republicans using every dirty trick they can to keep their deeply unpopular party floating in the toilet bowl. Can't wait until they introduce legislation requiring you to pay a fee to vote.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Well, Sean Hamhocks is a buddy of Dolt45, I think I read somewhere Trump has him on speed dial and they chat often, so Hamhocks is willing to die on that hill for the Orange Menace.
    Remember the outrage a year or two back when Jon Stewart called Hannity a kiss ass for Trump. That he literally kisses Trump's ass so big. Hannity was so angry he lashed out at Stewart. But as we saw...Jon was right as usual. Also the fact Hannity donates money to Trump's campaign etc. Its became a joke that Hannity was proven to be a Trump ass kisser.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

I figure he's retreated so far into his tribe that he doesn't even care anymore. Just whatever fuels that anger.

Trump economic aide Larry Kudlow suffers heart attack

Fess up, who got their hands on the Death Note? It's probably the stress that did it.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Trump economic aide Larry Kudlow suffers heart attack

Fess up, who got their hands on the Death Note? It's probably the stress that did it.
    Man, I noticed someone mention this on the previous page and hoped it might be in error. While Kudlow needs to cut the nonsense, I hope he comes out of that alright.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

You're forgetting that Hannity has the ear of Trump and it's given him power to steer policy, etc. He schmoozes with him most weekends at Mar a Lago.

The problem is, and this is where a certain contingent of people on the left have a massive credibility and likability problem, is that there's nobody who saw that post and thought it had the slightest fucking thing to do with him trying to make some anti gay statement. And when he said, oh **** I didn't think about that, "you're right" that should have been the end of it. No reasonable person would actually think that it was any bit a political statement besides he probably liked a chicken sandwich he ate. But there's certain people that relished in shaming him for it because.... really the only rationale reason is they wanted something to bitch about so they could feel superior or get off on it. It's a massive turn off. I don't think it makes people alter their behavior whatsoever, which is why I said it's not a big deal. But really makes a lot of people not have a whole lot of empathy or sympathy when that segment (the outrage brigade on the left not the lgbtqia community) take a loss. And it is something the otherside absolutely uses as a tool to rally against.

But yeah Trey is overselling that phenomena being the reason the Democrats aren't in control of the government. It doesn't help whatsoever, but no sane person is going against their interests for it.
    Outrage culture isn't limited to the left (Samantha Bee hypocrisy), but it has gone overboard to a level unprecedented before today. Not 'Victim Culture' as I think that phrase is loaded, but the aspects of every group and culture on the planet that have been emboldened to scream at the top of their lungs about how abhorrent BLANK is over the slightest of excuses as often as possible. In some cases they are bots, in some they are falsely claiming to be against BLANK in order to smear true opposition, but most often they are just angry people looking for any excuse to unleash the rage. Unless it's an overwhelming amount of these people that bleed over to real life I've been forced to accept that it's just the way the internet works.

But the impact of this stuff is being overblown IMO. And I agree that things should stop more when people who seem to have made an accidental mistake when they apologize.
    Last edited by Dalak; 06-11-2018 at 06:47 PM.