Page 62 of 93 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672 ... LastLast
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Never mind start a game, Hackenberg will never even see the field in garbage time. I'd say it's time the young man give up football and start a different career.
    Hackenberg will go down in history as someone so terrible ...a team literally lost confidence in training camp as he threw terrible in front of press. I mean that was a record in losing absolute confidence you'd be the QB of the future folks lol.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/j...hrows-at-otas/
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Hackenberg will go down in history as someone so terrible ...a team literally lost confidence in training camp as he threw terrible in front of press. I mean that was a record in losing absolute confidence you'd be the QB of the future folks lol.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/j...hrows-at-otas/
    You'd think the Jets should've seen the writing on the wall and cut Hackenberg right after that little incident. Besides, it's not like Penn State quarterbacks have had much success in the NFL.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

You'd think the Jets should've seen the writing on the wall and cut Hackenberg right after that little incident. Besides, it's not like Penn State quarterbacks have had much success in the NFL.
    Except for Kerry Collins (who rebounded his career after an issue with alcoholism) , I don't think any Penn State QB has worked out. And whats wild is , Hackenberg was rated a 4th round and below QB. The Jets not only drafted him , they drafted him as a reach in that 2nd round.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Hey, what about Michael Robinson! He made a pro bowl and won a Superbowl

NFL News ...

- The Cowboys and Zack Martin (guard) agreed on a 6 year $84 million dollar contract. Martin will earn $40 million guaranteed in this deal. Martin also got a $20 million dollar signing bonus. He was entering the final year of his deal and the previous highest paid guard was Jacksonville's Andrew Norwell who back in March agreed to a 5 year $65 million dollar contract with $30 million guaranteed. Martin its said earned this one and is considered one of the best guards playing. His salary of $14.5 million a year is now 2nd to Nate Soldier.

- There is trouble in Raiders land as Khali Mack wants paid now. The dominant pass rusher has skipped 3 day OTA's and is sending a message to get his contract done. The OLB is entering the final season of his rookie deal and is demanding at least $65 million in guaranteed money. Jon Gruden tried to paint a better picture of it and says he expects him back soon. The Raiders could fine Mack each day for missing these.

- Jarvis Landry continued his talk about having a better QB throwing to him. As he admitted him and Tannehill weren't close on the Dolphins. That he is just telling the truth about the situation.

As a Dolphin fan, I would even admit Mayfield a better talent than Tannerhill.

I think Tannerhill has one more year to show something until they move on.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    As a Dolphin fan, I would even admit Mayfield a better talent than Tannerhill.

I think Tannerhill has one more year to show something until they move on.
    Honestly it stuns me they haven't already. I mean one season he literally was carried by the running game and Gase had to change his offense to fit that. The next he's injured. But a big complaint was he holds the ball too long and takes too many sacks.

Extraordinary Member

Honestly it stuns me they haven't already. I mean one season he literally was carried by the running game and Gase had to change his offense to fit that. The next he's injured. But a big complaint was he holds the ball too long and takes too many sacks.
    Tanehill is the epitome of a trap QB. Someone whose so borderline on being a lower tier franchise guy that a team is willing to invest too much time and effort into failed development than risk going into QB hell by moving on.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Tanehill is the epitome of a trap QB. Someone whose so borderline on being a lower tier franchise guy that a team is willing to invest too much time and effort into failed development than risk going into QB hell by moving on.
    To be fair they have had chances. Alex Smith could have been traded for as the Chiefs were gonna deal him for weeks. They had chances at some QB's on the market who have produced more like Keenum and perhaps Cousins. They also could have traded up to get a 1st round QB. Instead they saddled themselves to Tannehill for another season.

To be fair they have had chances. Alex Smith could have been traded for as the Chiefs were gonna deal him for weeks. They had chances at some QB's on the market who have produced more like Keenum and perhaps Cousins. They also could have traded up to get a 1st round QB. Instead they saddled themselves to Tannehill for another season.
    Either the Dolphins see something in Tannehill that everyone else doesn't, or Miami is unwilling to admit they made a mistake and send him packing.

Either the Dolphins see something in Tannehill that everyone else doesn't, or Miami is unwilling to admit they made a mistake and send him packing.
    Nowadays some QB's barely get a 3rd season to show something. The belief in Tannehill echoes a lot of teams who stay with QB's a long years. The NY Jets once stuck with Richard Todd for a number of years and finally after 6 seasons cut him loose.

Hey Tannehill ain't some fantastic QB but Landry sounds like a dick who can't just move on. And its not like he was hired by some world class football team, as if Landry was somehow being held back from greatness. Landry went from a mediocre team to the last stop at the edge of football oblivion. Wide receivers just kill me sometimes.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Hey Tannehill ain't some fantastic QB but Landry sounds like a dick who can't just move on. And its not like he was hired by some world class football team, as if Landry was somehow being held back from greatness. Landry went from a mediocre team to the last stop at the edge of football oblivion. Wide receivers just kill me sometimes.
    My uneducated guess is a crap quarterback like Tannehill kept Landry from putting up the kind of stellar numbers that could earn him a big time contract.

Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    My uneducated guess is a crap quarterback like Tannehill kept Landry from putting up the kind of stellar numbers that could earn him a big time contract.

While Landry is on a terrible team that is rebuilding yet again , he was due to get a BIG PAY DAY due to numbers he had put up the 4 seasons. He had caught 400 passes in those seasons. The only reason Miami didn't do it was the fact they wanted to fix their salary cap issues. Suh was cut and paying a huge contract to Landry wasn't smart. Also the fact Landry is a slot WR and they didn't see the value in paying him a huge deal.

Now a lot can be said is....is Landry better than what he showed and will his YPC average go up ? Last year he had 8.8 yards per catch and a lot can be rested on perhaps the QB's throwing to him wasn't good. So with a new big contract he has to play up and prove he can do more and that is with a QB right now starting who is a bridge to the future for Mayfield.