Default What's the best Ron Troupe story?

I haven't read much with him. What's do you think is his best story?

Also, do we have a specific age on him? I know he was an aspiring reporter at first, so assumed him fresh out college (which would make him and Tana Moon the same age, I guess), but that's just an assumption. How old were Lucy and Jimmy by then (I think I have a grasp on Lois and Clark)?

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

That's a really good question. There were a lot of DP and metropolis citizens and instead of having their own stories they were often cutaways from main stories. His relationship with Lucy took up a loooot of his page time. It was between Lucy and Colin Thornton, so if I'm not forgetting some big thing my immediate answer is the Satanus story from the end of the DeMatteis run, in the 580s of Adventures of Superman.

Ron is an interesting play on Jimmy: he has his stuff together, gets the serious relationship with Lucy and even the job Jimmy wants, but as a consequence of normal, relative sucess his life is a lot less interesting. If I were Ron I'd wanna be Jimmy and vice versa
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Superman #79, the story from "Reign of the Supermen" where he gets "the scoop" on the Cyborg Superman is interesting, even if he comes out thinking he's really Superman (to be fair, he's shown pretty good evidence).
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Quote Originally Posted by JAK View Post
    Superman #79, the story from "Reign of the Supermen" where he gets "the scoop" on the Cyborg Superman is interesting, even if he comes out thinking he's really Superman (to be fair, he's shown pretty good evidence).
    I actually came in here to mention this one. I thought Ron kind of peaked with this, which was his first big story, but it was really good. He earned Clark's vacant desk in this one, if I recall.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Thanks for those. I have read "Reign of the Supermen" but was really reading for/paying attention to Superboy and Steel, and should probably re-read for Troupe.