Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

The delays ( two years for a 12 issues serie ?) and nothing happen in the story. talk talk talk talk and nothing happen. i hate Bendis cause he do this and this story is even worse

I’m in it until the end. Delays are beyond painful because I just want the JSA back. Johns has done a great job so far. The delays do hurt the luster of it all that’s for sure. The JSA was supposed to be here by September now it looks like they won’t even be a Christmas present. At least the Legion is back. When was the last issue? It’s been so long I’m starting to forget.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

If it's a great enough story as a self contained evergreen work, the delays won't matter much in the long run.

Annoying now, yes, but it's just an extreme example of single issues being an unsatisfying way to read a serial narrative currently and they're basically just expensive previews for a complete book that isn't out yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    I’m in it until the end. Delays are beyond painful because I just want the JSA back. Johns has done a great job so far. The delays do hurt the luster of it all that’s for sure. The JSA was supposed to be here by September now it looks like they won’t even be a Christmas present. At least the Legion is back. When was the last issue? It’s been so long I’m starting to forget.
    Wait . . . what?!?

Isn't a 1940s JSA still suppose to be showing up in Scott Snyder's/James Tynion IV's Justice League #31 next month (September 4th release date)?

I’m still into it and care. It’s been a great story so far and I want to see how it ends. I’ve been reading comics so long and have dealt with a lot of delays - it’s not a dealbreaker for me.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Wait . . . what?!?

Isn't a 1940s JSA still suppose to be showing up in Scott Snyder's/James Tynion IV's Justice League #31 next month (September 4th release date)?
    I was referring to the JSA getting their own mag by September.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

While I do enjoy it when it eventually arrives, at this point I think it's all been made relatively moot.
    Nothing happening in this book will have a wider affect on the DCU, even though it was originally billed that way.
    I'm OK with that. I just want a satisfying story worth the SIGNIFICANT money I'm shelling out for it.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Astonishing Member

I still care.

I'm eager to get to the bottom of it.

I'm also frankly just curious as heck where it's going to fit into the DCU chronologically. I've been leaving it open ended "after" everything else that's coming out contemporaneously with it, but now I'm just not sure. I need context to make heads or tales of that sort of thing. Typically I don't place things on a timeline (sliding or otherwise) until after all the issues or arcs have ended. Maybe that's why the delays have been making my head explode a little.

To review, what are some of the Rebirth stories that actually directly reference or tie into Doomsday Clock?

DC Universe Rebirth.
    The Return of Wally West, to a degree.
    The Button.
    A Lonely Place of Living.
    All of Rebirth Superman (Tomasi & Jurgens) up to The Oz Effect (and thereby, Bendis's run?).
    A failed attempt by Ganthet and Sayd to use Kyle Rayner (White Lantern) to rekindle the Blue Lantern Corps, thwarted by something cosmic that doesn't believe in hope.
    A single panel of the Book of Oa in The Green Lantern # 1 with a blue symbol.

Am I missing any?
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Deathstroke Rebirth I believe did (it had a temporary effect on Slade to go "good" for awhile after he confronted, quite possibly, Dr. Manhattan, after he stole the Speed Force for a short time).

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Steve Orlando's JLA addressed how Dr. Manhattan's tinkering with time had affected the Microverse, and its severe ramifications.

Astonishing Member

I´ll rather wait for a great book, then read a mediocre book on time.

I mean Spider-MAn is coming out regularly, but its just a good book, rather standard superhero stuff. When was the last time it was great?

Lazarus is really great, so I will 3 months between every issue. Saga is great, so I will wait a whole hear while its on hiatus.

I forgot to say, there is a difference between a hyped product like Doomsday clock and a self centered book like Saga. Doomsday clock suffers a bit due to its delay, more than Saga.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    I was referring to the JSA getting their own mag by September.
    Who the hell ever legitimately said they were going to be in their own comic book series by September?!?

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I don't even blame Johns and Frank for the delays. I am almost sure they have had to redue a big chunk of this story to adjust for the nonsense Didio and Lee have forced on them. Both guys have been shown to be able to keep a monthly schedule with maybe a short delay with ease in the past so to have this keep dragging like it has just screams "management interferance" to me.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Who the hell ever legitimately said they were going to be in their own comic book series by September?!?
    Just an assumption that Doomsday Clock would finish by the end of summer. Plus I’m not reading any JLA or Leviathon. Only been reading Teen Titans and Freedom Fighters. The only thing from DC that interests me is the JSA and LOSH in addition to what I just mentioned. My pull list is top heavy in Marvel.
    Last edited by Dreaded Porcupine; 08-22-2019 at 11:51 AM.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

One of two things will come out of it. Either this is a precursor to some sort of Crisis type event or it won't be relevant a year from now. This is a 12 issue series that's been going on two years now. None of the events in it have been acknowledged in other books. Which means either they are still setting up the circumstances of it for when the book ends, or it just plain isn't relevant to anything. Given the fact that DC is now moving forward with the Legion and JSA in other titles, I think it's safe to assume the latter is true. I'll finish reading it just to see where this is headed but we're now four years out from Rebirth and we still have no idea what current continuity is. That's ridiculous by any measure. By this time in New 52's run, we were starting to see elements of Rebirth creeping in. Which means they had already made plans to phase it out. I have no idea what the end game is here, if anything. But if DC's history is any indicator, they don't either. We keep hearing rumors of some sort of Crisis type event in 2020. Unless that's true, this book will be irrelevant.
    Assassinate Putin!