Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default Proteus was not Moira's only child...

We see Proteus at the opening of the Moira Mactaggert Hospital, but there was someone else who should have been there!

Way, way back in the original New Mutants series, Moira adopted Rahne Sinclair. The relationship was important to Rahne, and it seemed to mean something to Moira too:

http://www.supermegamonkey.net/chron...ts_26-28.shtml.

Rahne seems to get overlooked a lot!

Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

Rahne did allow Moira’s golem to be killed.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agatha's Ghost View Post
    Rahne did allow Moira’s golem to be killed.
    When was this? What book and issue specifically?

Ultimate Member

Does Proteus know that Moira's still alive?

And yeah, Rahne should have been there. What made the X-Men great is that characters were family. Yet Hickman treats them as little more than chess pieces

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post

And yeah, Rahne should have been there. What made the X-Men great is that characters were family. Yet Hickman treats them as little more than chess pieces
    I get what you're saying about Hickman, but my feeling about everything that has come out since House/Powers of X has been pretty positive.

Funny, a lot of readers seem to think they’re chess pieces to be moved around.

Proteus still thinks his mother is dead

Incredible Member

Agreed. So, where the hell is Banshee in any of this? Not only has his relationship with Moira been completely overlooked, he's been asked one question about his daughter dying multiple times, and then he isn't even trying to get involved with the investigation. That's just not the same character he's ever been.

I mean, fair enough if a character isn't going to be used, but if you're going to have them show up for the occasional panel they ought to at least be written in somewhere approaching their actual character.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

HiX-Man does not write Marauders. Duggan does.

When last we saw Rahne in New Mutants...written by Vita...she was in a very vulnerable, emotional state. If I were to speculate wildly, I would say she was invited but declined because she just wasn't up to it.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Joe View Post
    Agreed. So, where the hell is Banshee in any of this? Not only has his relationship with Moira been completely overlooked, he's been asked one question about his daughter dying multiple times, and then he isn't even trying to get involved with the investigation. That's just not the same character he's ever been.

I mean, fair enough if a character isn't going to be used, but if you're going to have them show up for the occasional panel they ought to at least be written in somewhere approaching their actual character.
    Maybe it is meant to be a clue that something is very wrong.

I don’t count this Moira as Moira so...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    I don’t count this Moira as Moira so...
    I mean that's fine just means you're in denial.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Moira lived a long rich life in her first go-around with a husband, kids and grandkids. She didn't try to bring them to life again. By this point, cutting emotional ties would be pretty easy for her.

Incredible Member

Proteus, the son that Moira abused by treating him as an experiment his entire life and Rahne, the goddaughter she let be abused by her father before she shipped her off to USA where she was actually cared for by Professor X of all people.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    HiX-Man does not write Marauders. Duggan does.

When last we saw Rahne in New Mutants...written by Vita...she was in a very vulnerable, emotional state. If I were to speculate wildly, I would say she was invited but declined because she just wasn't up to it.
    Yes, this is a plausible explanation, but we know that the real reason she wasn't there is that neither the writer nor the editor could be bothered to think of it.