Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
    I liked FAThor. Outside his deep trauma & self destructive behavior, the idea of a emo-fat Viking drinking/talking smack on xbox live feel...right. Yeah, it feels right.
    I liked him, too, he felt like an actual Norseman for the first time ever.

But it was honestly a little harsh of him to threaten some normal guy that he was going to come over and issue a beat down.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    I liked him, too, he felt like an actual Norseman for the first time ever.

But it was honestly a little harsh of him to threaten some normal guy that he was going to come over and issue a beat down.
    Anyone whose encountered a Troll while playing games Online would disagree. It wasnt harsh enough, I've been cussed out by so many bratty 10 years olds its not even funny. Or just dorky dudes who talks extra tough in an abusive manner online. I wish Thor would had traumatized that kid for life.

Mighty Member

I have to admit I've lost interest in the MCU post Ragnarok. Yes, I know it was amazingly popular and I'm in the minority but I'm terribly disappointed we will never see a truly epic Thor movie now.
    And I know Steve got a happy ending in Endgame, but it essentially wipes out the Captain America movies.....and they were my favourites.

Compared to Avengers 1 and Avengers 2, Fat Thor was out of character. The character has come a long way on a reverse set button. Thor was the Avenger you feared. Not because he was the strongest but because he knew how to handle things better than the other Avengers, who let's face it were humans with limitations. There should not have been any fat gag in the movie.

Thor was the Man that slapped Tony with his hammer in Avengers 1 because he couldn't stand Tony's gags. How is he now the joke? If it was the comics, after the events of Infinity war, Thor would have become more like what Wonder Woman became in Flashpoint. Most gods either get consumed by power or become the villain. it's very immature and unlikely for gods to become fat gags. Let alone a god like Thor, who is more intimidating than Wonder Woman.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 07-03-2019 at 12:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    Compared to Avengers 1 and Avengers 2, Fat Thor was out of character. The character has come a long way on a reverse set button. Thor was the Avenger you feared. Not because he was the strongest but because he knew how to handle things better than the other Avengers, who let's face it were humans with limitations. There should not have been any fat gag in the movie.

Thor was the Man that slapped Tony with his hammer in Avengers 1 because he couldn't stand Tony's gags. How is he now the joke? If it was the comics, after the events of Infinity war, Thor would have become more like what Wonder Woman became in Flashpoint. Most gods either get consumed by power or become the villain. it's very immature and unlikely for gods to become fat gags. Let alone a god like Thor, who is more intimidating than Wonder Woman.
    Hes still the Avengers you should fear. Ragnarok and Infinity war further cemented that. Endgame he chops the bad guys head off in the first 5mins. The weight gain was a physical representation of the trauma he went through in a short period. Thor was the confident warrior with the Body of a God. After the insane amount of horrible **** that happened to him in Ragnarok/Infinity war/Endgame his confidence and self esteem was shattered. The weight gain was a physical representation of that and the subsequent depression. And I dont know what Gags Thor is doing his comedy in situational. It's very rare he makes a stark style quip or intentional joke. Hiz most notable intentional joke was the hes adopted joke about Loki in Avengers. Dont get me wrong Thor has become a comedy character in the vain of GOTG. But Thor isnt busting non stop jokes, a couple here and there but it's mostly situational. I understand huge Thor fans not being a fan of the shift but the character wasnt doing great coming off The first 2 avengers and Thor 2. Ragnarok was a huge shift but also rocketed the characters popularity up, and then he became way more prominent a character in Infinity war and Endgame. Infinity Wars big triumphant moment is Thor showing up in Wakanda and wrecking the Outriders while Bruce cheers.

Little perplexed by what u mean by most Gods dont become fat gags. They have a reason for the weight gain that isnt purely comical but what gods do you know? Its fiction Gods do whatever the writer says they do. Vostaggs an Asgardian and hes fat and it's not purely a gag. But anyway so your version of Endgame is Thors power consuming him or him being the villian? Those are his options?

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
    I liked FAThor. Outside his deep trauma & self destructive behavior, the idea of a emo-fat Viking drinking/talking smack on xbox live feel...right. Yeah, it feels right.
    Completely agreed.

I liked Thor in this movie.

- He lost his parents, his home, and much of his people when they depended on him. He may be a god but I thought he was one of the most 'human' characters in the film
    - I personally prefer a Thor more portrayed as a Viking vs Pretty Boy

My only problem with this movie was the Time Travel Element. Most Time Travel Flicks makes my head hurt and this was no different
    - Nebula kills her past self but her present version survives?
    - Captain America lives his life with Peggy but arrives in the present?

Mighty Member

I think the real reason for Thor becoming a joke was because Chris Hemsworth found him a bore.
    He admitted in an interview he thought the character was dull.

BANNED

They should have had a end credits giving Black Widow a "Spies Goodbye"
    She was really the rock of the team while Tony and Steve, financed and led it.
    The Avengers was her family, she should have gotten a bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    I agree time travel was used badly in the movie. Especially going by the writers interpretation, they basically took causality out of the equation which really doesn't work.
    Funny, it's my understanding that "time travel just creates alternate universes, not changing the original one" is actually considered more accurate to science somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Raptor View Post
    Gamora was in that A-Force moment. Admittedly, it was 2014's Gamora but she was still there.
    Forgot that. Close enough, IMHO.

I agree that it did nullify the character's story arc from his solo movies, but it was a logical extrapolation from what had happened to him since Infinity War. However, as far as Thor being just a joke, while there was some comedy at how far he'd fallen, the final fight showed that, even at his worst, he's not the God of Thunder for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    My only problem with this movie was the Time Travel Element. Most Time Travel Flicks makes my head hurt and this was no different
    As explained in the movie, they don't actually travel to their pasts, but create alternate timelines (or parallel universes) that spin off from the point that they enter and and start messing with stuff (this's all explained when Hulk is telling War Machine and Ant-Man that Back to the Future got it wrong and they can't just stop everything by killing a baby Thanos and when Hulk is convincing the Ancient One to give him the Time Stone). "Past" Nebula came from a parallel universe, so our Nebula could kill her without un-existing herself because the were different iterations of the same person, not the same person from different timeframes.

I guess the idea is that he came back after he'd lived out his life in the splinter reality where he and Peggy reunited and got married (maybe she passed and he didn't have any other reason to stick around there)? It's odd that he didn't come back on the machine, but I think that was artistic license for dramatic effect.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Completely agreed.

- He lost his parents, his home, and much of his people when they depended on him. He may be a god but I thought he was one of the most 'human' characters in the film
    - I personally prefer a Thor more portrayed as a Viking vs Pretty Boy

The Cap one with further explanation could make sense but right now too many questions. But the movie stated you cant change your past. Nebula killing past Nebula just created another time line where Nebula is dead, doesnt effect her since she cant change her own past. But yea the cap ones requires further explanation especially since the directors and writers dont even agree on what happened. But the directors seem to think Cap went back and by being there created a new time line and he just Jumped back to the main timeline at the end to give Sam the Sheild. Writers seem to think Cap just went back and lived his life quietly with Peggy but it breaks the logic set forth by the movie since it shoulda created a branched time line. People might say the writers wrote it so what they say goes but The Russos did alot of the actual story beats and said they planned Caps ending years ago. The writers crafted a story and made it a functioning script but the Russos were clearly heavily involved in the story and had final creative say. Plus they're explanation might raise more questions like how did he jump back and did he just steal that Sheild from the timelines cap?. But it fits with the rules the movie set out. The writers explanation just doesnt fit with how we were told Time travel works.

Completely agreed.

- I personally prefer a Thor more portrayed as a Viking vs Pretty Boy...
    This guy gets it.

BANNED

Fat and drunken Thor was terrible, but the time traveling explanation was the worst.

BANNED

The biggest letdown has been and will forever be the numver of comic book and time travel "experts" who refuse to accept the rules, characters, and situations as they were presented in favor of their own preconceived desires about what they wanted to the movie to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    They should have had a end credits giving Black Widow a "Spies Goodbye"
    She was really the rock of the team while Tony and Steve, financed and led it.
    The Avengers was her family, she should have gotten a bit more.
    I agree, but then I also though she should have had a solo movie of her own years before Captain Non-Smilypants got one.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

sad god sad god
    whatchu gon' do
    whatcha hammer gon' do to beat depression and the master of noobs
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate