View Poll Results: Do you love him?

Voters
274. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes!

218 79.56%
  • Absolutely!

106 38.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 464 of 619 FirstFirst ... 364414454460461462463464465466467468474514564 ... LastLast
Results 6,946 to 6,960 of 9276

Does Scott still have the pacemaker in his heart with the Phoenix fragment? Will it be forgotten forever, brought up by Hickman or brought up later down the years by another writer?

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Does Scott still have the pacemaker in his heart with the Phoenix fragment? Will it be forgotten forever, brought up by Hickman or brought up later down the years by another writer?
    I don't think it even had a Phoenix fragment. It was just residual energy from when the Phoenix revived him for Jean.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    Yeah. Like I mentioned in another post, I get the feeling Rosenbutter became extremely salty when he found out he was filler until Hickman arrived and decided to take it out on, well, everyone. "Let's see [Hickman] write these characters out of the hole I put them in!"
    If it's true, which I'm not saying it is, that would not only make him deeply unprofessional, but also an idiot. Warren Ellis is the king of 12 issue runs and works fine for him, and having this spotlight and doing a good job would be great for Rosenberg's career, you can probably count on your fingers the number of writers working in comics that wouldn't be elated with a chance of writing Uncanny X-men featuring Cyclops and Wolverine.

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Forgotten forever, most likely.

BANNED

The pacemaker was just to catch a bit of Phoenix to spark life into Scott. If the bird comes near Earth again, I guess he'll just be super-charged. Like that squirrel from the movie Bruce Willis voices a raccoon or something.

Every time I think about how clunky the resurrection mechanics are I get the giggles, although the bird did owe the guy a favor.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

If I was writing Scott's resurrection, I'd just have him at Sinister's lab and escaping, or possibly even Sinister letting him go because there's no X-men anymore and mutantkind will be wiped out without him. The X-men haven't learned they need to burn bodies yet.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    The pacemaker was just to catch a bit of Phoenix to spark life into Scott. If the bird comes near Earth again, I guess he'll just be super-charged. Like that squirrel from the movie Bruce Willis voices a raccoon or something.
    I'm down for Scott randomly igniting and the X-Men going "WTF, the Phoenix pacemaker is real? We thought you were just being cheesy and sucking up to Jean or something!"

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    If I was writing Scott's resurrection, I'd just have him at Sinister's lab and escaping, or possibly even Sinister letting him go because there's no X-men anymore and mutantkind will be wiped out without him. The X-men haven't learned they need to burn bodies yet.
    nah Im glad Sinister had nothing to do with Scott's resurrection bc it would be too easy to say he's a clone

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    If Marvel didn't want people complaining, they shouldn't have made the moment about Emma and Logan. They didn't have to be there. It was about giving the middle finger to Emma specially more than about Jott.
    I think this was more like an affirmation that both Emma and Logan no longer posed a threat to Jott, Emma for her story with Scott and Logan for his even though non-existent, famous love story with Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Fans of other ships would have get mad regardless, Jott existence pretty much burn Scemma and Jogan regardless of how they frame it, i had enough expirience with those subsections of fandoms.
    Exactly, Scemma and Jogan can coexist, but none of them can do it with Jott.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    So anyone hoping Scott has a reunion with his kids in the future?
    I really hope that Scott and Jean meet Rachel and Cable and maybe Nate? I didn't fully understand if in the end he died or not, but if he still lives the little boy of the Summers-Grey could finally receive a good talk from his parents.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    I'm definitely intrigued by Rachel's reaction to a Jott reunion, what with her recent Jogan shipper phase (lol, Claremont) and that 'I'm not your mom' incident (lol, Guggs).
    WAIT! WHAT?! Even if it's CC, Rachel would never ship Jogan, she just ship her parents, she never liked Emma, ​​she didn't even like Maddy who was identical to Jean. Besides Logan trying to kill her ... I know that CC is crazy with Jogan but this is too crazy even for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    I hope they pay it a little attention at least. There's so many reunions to come though that it might be too much to take on all of them. These kinds of moments tend to ignored for the most part. I get that Rosenburg focused on Jean and Scott's reunion but literally no one else reacted to seeing comrades\enemies, etc.

I'm more interested in seeing how Scott reacts to Alex's death, if that sticks. Did we forget the guy just lost his brother? No one is talking about it. I get that Alex is dick but come on. Maybe were just getting numb to it given how many x-men dropped in the last 11 issues. Alex's death actually felt like it mattered and his parting line to Scott was pretty solid and exactly how I think he's always felt about Scott.
    I don't know how permanent are the deaths of Rosenberg, Alex and Illyana are in different covers of HOX.

Quote Originally Posted by JeisonWolf View Post
    WAIT! WHAT?! Even if it's CC, Rachel would never ship Jogan, she just ship her parents, she never liked Emma, ​​she didn't even like Maddy who was identical to Jean. Besides Logan trying to kill her ... I know that CC is crazy with Jogan but this is too crazy even for him.
    It was during Nightcrawler's recent solo. Rachel didn't ship them while they were alive, it was more of a 'I hope they're happy together in Heaven' kind of thing. Still funny beyond belief in a 'Oh my goooood, pleeeaaase stop shaking your fist at that cloud and just get over it' kind of way.

Also, given how Logan was allegedly over Jean and how upset Ororo was at Logan's death, it really came off as an unintentional dick move, lol.
    Last edited by FluffyCyclopsRLZ; 07-19-2019 at 07:08 AM.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    nah Im glad Sinister had nothing to do with Scott's resurrection bc it would be too easy to say he's a clone
    Yup, that would have happened for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Yup, that would have happened for sure.
    On the other hand, it would've made that Rectangle-squashing panel even funnier.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I'm curious, where did the theory that Gambit was Cyclops clone/brother came from?
    I see some people mentioning it from time to time but outside of X-men forever I can't remember anywhere else it was teased.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I'm curious, where did the theory that Gambit was Cyclops clone/brother came from?
    I see some people mentioning it from time to time but outside of X-men forever I can't remember anywhere else it was teased.
    Sinister mentioned a third Summers brother back in the early 90s. Folks just thought 'Hey, they look alike, have crazy red eyes and their power signature is kinda similar'.

Nicieza's actual plan was for Adam-X to be it, though, but Marvel (thankfully) decided that Katherine Summers being raped/impregnated by D'Ken was seriously uncool, so they just dropped it.

Just have him get Tyke's memories too after he comes back, which would be impossible if he's just a clone.

Quote Originally Posted by JeisonWolf View Post
    I think this was more like an affirmation that both Emma and Logan no longer posed a threat to Jott, Emma for her story with Scott and Logan for his even though non-existent, famous love story with Jean..
    Just them kissing would be enough, and of course we, and the, know pretty well the next writer can just bring it up again; Scott and Emma is a certainty, really.

Not just the kiss, but the whole run seemed a very stupid way of giving a **** you to anyone that liked Scott and Emma (not just their relationship) in the 21st century.