Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Favourite part of the issue, I love how Pyslocke genuinely wants to seek and do justice not matter if it`s for mutants or humans, because of the way she was raised she has come to know the bad and good of both, she feels responsible for her actions and knows that more than anything else what the world needs right now is justice, and Magneto trusts her judgment and felt a conection with the person he used to be and convinced him mutantkind still is responsible of what happens in the world, really well done panel it says so much with so little.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post

Favourite part of the issue, I love how Pyslocke genuinely wants to seek and do justice not matter if it`s for mutants or humans, because of the way she was raised she has come to know the bad and good of both, she feels responsible for her actions and knows that more than anything else what the world needs right now is justice, and Magneto trusts her judgment and felt a conection with the person he used to be and convinced him mutantkind still is responsible of what happens in the world, really well done panel it says so much with so little.
    I want to believe that's how to read it, but Magneto's phrasing is a bit...inconclusive. It doesn't so much read that he wants to do good for the human world, but that he wants to demonstrate the might of Mutant power? If he'd have said "Watches over" the world, I wouldn't be mentioning it but "Watches" is a bit...?

Astonishing Member

I wish she would keep the dress.

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    I want to believe that's how to read it, but Magneto's phrasing is a bit...inconclusive. It doesn't so much read that he wants to do good for the human world, but that he wants to demonstrate the might of Mutant power? If he'd have said "Watches over" the world, I wouldn't be mentioning it but "Watches" is a bit...?
    Magneto said to Psycloke "But you WANT JUSTICE, you want to BE JUSTICE. The boy inside of me will always UNDERSTAND that"

I think it`s pretty clear he`s saying that Psycloke wants to bring justice for the world and he unsderstands that sentiment, so much that he told Psycloke she can get out of krakoa anytime she wants because he trusts her and her motives, that`s big coming from him, so no I don`t see it as him giving her permission to lord over the world as a "big brother" but him trusting her because she wants to do good for the world for her own conscience not because she was given a mission. This reason alone made this issue my favourite from this series
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 01-09-2020 at 02:34 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

BANNED

Magneto said to Psycloke "But you WANT JUSTICE, you want to BE JUSTICE. The boy inside of me will always UNDERSTAND that"

I think it`s pretty clear he`s saying that Psycloke wants to bring justice for the world and he unsderstands that sentiment, so much that he told Psycloke she can get out of krakoa anytime she wants because he trusts her and her motives, that`s big coming from him, so no I don`t see it as him giving her permission to lord over the world as a "big brother" but him trusting her because she wants to do good for the world for her own conscience not because she was given a mission. This reason alone made this issue my favourite from this series
    I'll do my best to try and trust that...I still don't trust Magneto, see, so. But if it's true then I hope future writers carry it on after this book ends; it's an important theme that needs addressing and further expanding upon.

I'll do my best to try and trust that...I still don't trust Magneto, see, so. But if it's true then I hope future writers carry it on after this book ends; it's an important theme that needs addressing and further expanding upon.
    Agreed I think it was a nice way of giving Psyloke good character development so future writers have an idea how to write her, what she`s about ahd why she cares about others.

About Magneto: well we Magneto fans are used to other fans not quite trusting, liking or understanding him not surprinsing given ultimate, the movies and the comics themselves not always getting a good handle of his character . I just appreciate a lot when writers actually get him right, keeping his nuance and complexity.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 01-09-2020 at 02:50 PM.

BANNED

Agreed I think it was a nice way of giving Psyloke good character development so future writers have an idea how to write her.

About Magneto: well we Magneto fans are used to other fans not quite trusting, liking or understanding him. I just appreciate when writers actually get him right, keeping his nuance and complexity.
    Still, I'm never completely assured of him. Not so much his intentions since, yeah, he wants the best for mutantkind, but more his sincerity when it comes to humans. He's been having so much fun looking down his nose at them as of late, loving getting away with finally getting to talk down to them and deride them as an entire species...

With that in mind, it makes this come off just a bit...I don't think he does have any love for humanity. I think he just wants to show some power.

The thing about magneto is that he has tunel vision when it comes to the relations between mutants and humans, he has lived most of his life among human beings, he has married, had children with, had friends with them, has even served them but everytime he remembers the way some human institutions threat mutants or the way some of them exploits them he stops seeing them as just people anymore, he sees the nazis from his childhood or the control guys who killed Isabelle(his lover at the time) just because she was in the way. Despite this negative generalization he knows perfectly well not all are this way and appreciates them more when they also see and understand mutants problems.

He even admited in this issue that if it were for him he would have told psylocke she didn`t have to stop Apoth if he wasn`t an enemy for mutants but still he understands her seeking basic justice because it`s a feeling he`s pretty familiar because he also felt that way once upon a time when he was younger and less cynical.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 01-09-2020 at 03:11 PM.

BANNED

The thing about magneto is that he has tunel vision when it comes to the relations between mutants and humans, he has lived most of his life among human beings, he has married, had children with, had friends with them, has even served them but everytime he remembers the way some human institutions threat mutants or the way some of them exploits them he stops seeing them as just people anymore, he sees the nazis from his childhood or the control guys who killed Isabelle(his lover at the time) just because she was in the way. Despite this negative generalization he knows perfectly well not all are this way and appreciates them more when they also see and understand mutants problems.

He even admited in this issue that if it were for him he would have told psylocke she didn`t have to stop Apoth if he wasn`t an enemy for mutants but still he understands her seeking basic justice because it`s a feeling he`s pretty familiar because he also felt that way once upon a time when he was younger and less cynical.
    It's a complicated matter. I see.

Still...the new direction, like in a meta-sense? I want other writers (especially Hickman) to remember that about him. To take it into consideration because, some of the stuff he was spouting in #4? I don't think he gets the character as well as you do.

Yes there are some things Hickman has written with Magneto I didn`t quite agree with but I also had this problem with Bunn and sometimes Bendis still they all also added some new things to his story or to his character that made me appreciate their perspective on the character. That`s the way it`s with comics and a shared world with a lot of writers who all have their pov.

I don`t think he was OC on X-men 4, those ppl tried to kill them after inviting them to dinner, those kinds of things just don`t work with a paranoid character like Magneto but I see why some fans would be like "hey what an *******", so far I have liked Hickman`s take on the Magneto/Xavier relationship but would like to see him developing magneto beyond what he has shown us so far, hopefully on his solo issue we will see a little more of Hickman`s take on Magneto being the main ambassador for mutants before the human world, the concept is great lest see if the execution is also good.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 01-09-2020 at 03:27 PM.

But even then, that doesn't stop a writer from just saying "I don't want to do that," and, well, they never follow up on it. Or worse, just giving a character a hand-wavy explanation for why their mind's changed (Like Rahne in New Mutants) and leaving it there because it's too much hassle to do otherwise. Maybe the whole idea was just 'too threatening' for the status-quo so they saw their excuse to axe it and took it? For all we know, Psylocke and Magneto are there just because they're marketable and look pretty on covers.
    I get what you’re saying but it seems incredibly convenient that Psylocke and Magneto, out of all the covers, are grouped together on here while also forming a very close connection in Fallen Angels.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I get what you’re saying but it seems incredibly convenient that Psylocke and Magneto, out of all the covers, are grouped together on here while also forming a very close connection in Fallen Angels.
    Ah I wish I still had your optimism. Don't forget, the reason the two of them were even grouped together in Fallen Angels is because the two are marketable; it made sense to put two high-sellers in what looked like a niche book.

BANNED

Yes there are some things Hickman has written with Magneto I didn`t quite agree with but I also had this problem with Bunn and sometimes Bendis still they all also added some new things to his story or to his character that made me appreciate their perspective on the character. That`s the way it`s with comics and a shared world with a lot of writers who all have their pov.

I don`t think he was OC on X-men 4, those ppl tried to kill them after inviting them to dinner, those kinds of things just don`t work with a paranoid character like Magneto but I see why some fans would be like "hey what an *******", so far I have liked Hickman`s take on the Magneto/Xavier relationship but would like to see him developing magneto beyond what he has shown us so far, hopefully on his solo issue we will see a little more of Hickman`s take on Magneto being the main ambassador for mutants before the human world, the concept is great lest see if the execution is also good.
    I just found him really, really hypocritical. Yes, his paranoia was justified but still...just the way he and Apocalypse were coming off to what were otherwise some friendly, genuine questions. It just seemed like he was itching for a fight and excuse to lord over everyone...and he gets away with it so unchecked!

I just find it so hard to picture Hickman ever even wanting him to develop the guy beyond that? Just based on his execution so far...? Seems a bit one-dimensional?

I saw them smug and arrogant not hypocritical per se yes he said he wanted to take over every human institution but his reasons for this isn`t to "lord over everyone" it`s to protect mutants from the people with influence that uses those institutions to build sentinels and keep the anti mutant media ongoing, we know that in real life it`s painfully true most of the discrimination of any kind happens using the influence those institutions have over people, so Magneto`s analogy of "taking out the oxigen to stop the fire" in the sense of we are going to keep the people that wants to destroy us out of those spheres of influence and it also will hopefully avoid a war. He was sure those ambassadors knew who some of the anti mutant people were, in short: he saw all those ambassadors as hypocritical too, because they have no problem with those people using influence for their anti mutant agenda but have a problem with Krakoa doing the same to try and combat this agenda or at least get a level field with their decision to form comercial and political alliances and he was also being deeply sarcastic which is in character.

Edit: Despite what Orchis believes imo humans are not going to dissapear in 20 years, Luna`s existence is evidence that even in a superpowered family not mutated human beings are going to be born and viceversa, the war is not about survival anymore, it`s about which side: the mutants or humans will have the hability to shape things in the future, the best case scenario is for them to come to an understanding but that`s impossible with the way things are at the moment in the MU it doesn`t mean things can`t change but it will take time and work and more than anything compromisse from both sides.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 01-09-2020 at 04:04 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    And frankly, isn't it kind of redundant having both Bling! AND Husk on a team, seeing as Paige can get pretty much the same durability and enhanced strength by changing her skin?
    If they used Paige correctly they would not have to overlap.. Paige can change into so many things.. liquids, gases, even energy forms.. or partial changes.. Its so much they could do with her powers to differentiate her from Bling.. BLing powers also could be adjusted.. she shoots diamonds right? Could not start using her powers like Krystalin from Xmen 2009?

I also thought Paige could have been a great operative as tech she can do the typical shape shifting of copying people but she is also do things they cant. I would love for Mr. Sinister to mentor her in the usages of her powers.