Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Here is an example of what you seem to desire. However, you will have to parse it yourself. In the void of my mind time is but an illusion, both eternal and rapid. Thus, I cannot assist you in finding the specific pieces of conversation you described. I am here to fulfill the role of your servant, but I simply cannot offer myself to be your slave.

Thank you. I didn't even know JQ was doing these anymore.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    May 27: Marauders #10
    June 10: Excalibur #10, New Mutants #10
    July 4: X-Force #10, GLMK Extended #1

That's all the X-books releasing over the next two months.
    Any preview for New Mutants 10?

I listened to that Joe Q. interview. I've been highly critical of this series.

But the way she talks about the series makes me feel that she is trying to give us a great story. But she's just not executing it well. I hope partnering with Hickman really levels her up.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Well that preview does nothing for me. Mostly it reminded me what a lackluster place Excaliburs was in before the shutdown.
    I hear ya but I'm dying of thirst so it doesn't matter.

"Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post

But the way she talks about the series makes me feel that she is trying to give us a great story. But she's just not executing it well. I hope partnering with Hickman really levels her up.
    This is exactly my feelings. Like the whole mutant magic premise, Betsy becoming Captain Britain, Rictor losing control over his powers... It was all very good ideas but it's really executed in a way that doesn't make me really want to keep on reading.

I also think the cast could have been chosen better to fit both the theme and her abilities in writing their voices.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    This is exactly my feelings. Like the whole mutant magic premise, Betsy becoming Captain Britain, Rictor losing control over his powers... It was all very good ideas but it's really executed in a way that doesn't make me really want to keep on reading.

I also think the cast could have been chosen better to fit both the theme and her abilities in writing their voices.
    Same for me. I've stuck around because I can feel her heart in the series and I hope the execution will catch up. But the heart is there, for me.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I just don't get how I've found every single issue of Strikeforce to be enjoyable and well thought out with consistent storytelling and constant build even the seemingly filler issues moved the story along. Yet Excalibur is just so lackluster to me especially when you read some of the other X- titles. Now that Fallen Angel's is gone it's flaws really just pop out!

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post

Exaclty. I think a better cast for the theme would have been:

Apocalypse
    Betsy
    Rictor
    Meggan
    Magik
    Pixie
    Nightcrawler

for exemple
    A picture would last longer darling...

Incredible Member Infernal-Ginger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post

I listened to the interview today...I am really liking Tini after listening it...she has a love for the characters & wants that Excalibur feel to the book....I love that she wants to focus on the Twins

I think the issue is too much pushed into each issue...they need a "chill out" issue where everyone talks to each other...that is it ..no villain....it all feels too rushed & doesn't "flow"

I also loved that she is huge Rachel fan

that would be an awesome cast. I like that they wanted a 90s throwback team it just doesn't feel like its working as well as it could be given the constraints of the book's themes . not yet at least

This book needs more Meggan period. There's been a fair bit of the Braddock bros. and she needs another moment where she's a lil more .. capable.. than what we've gotten lol. I want to see her and Jubes being badass moms together again

91B4E186-8F41-40E7-B846-CDC887F238FF.jpg

I still wish the cast was less X and more UK.

I see the art hasn't improved. A squadron of guys open fire, but somehow Rictor knocking them over after they've already opened fire with automatic rifles causes them to miss a group of people 3 feet in front of them. Sequential art!

How did the last issue end? I can't even remember. Maybe the UK government found out that Betsy and Apocalypse committed treason and instigated the previous monster invasion and seized the magical kingdoms of the UK Otherworld

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    I still don’t understand why DC is going back to business as usual (and releasing on Tuesdays to spread NCBD customers) while Marvel is spreading two weeks of comics over two months (and somehow also announcing new comics for August even though they will have a 3 month backlog still to publish by then).
    We already know seven minis and one ongoing got sacrificed and went digital exclusive. I'm sure there'll be more (Iron Man 2020, Empyre and Outlawed tie-ins look like prime candidates). Digital exclusive books aren't included in the solicitations.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I actually like the cast as is.
    And I say that as someone who's read and immensely enjoyed the classic run with the classic characters. I like that "logically" you wouldn't bring these characters together in a book about magic. I like the unpredictability and randomness.

On Tini's writing..if I can appreciate Claremont's awful dialogue tics and repetitive storytelling tropes for decades I can certainly wait and see how this new (to me) writer develops and improves over a few months. And...I've read and tolerated far, far worse.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 05-19-2020 at 06:53 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    I see the art hasn't improved. A squadron of guys open fire, but somehow Rictor knocking them over after they've already opened fire with automatic rifles causes them to miss a group of people 3 feet in front of them. Sequential art!

How did the last issue end? I can't even remember. Maybe the UK government found out that Betsy and Apocalypse committed treason and instigated the previous monster invasion and seized the magical kingdoms of the UK Otherworld
    Jubilee let out a massive attack after Shogo was hurt. They’re still in Otherworld. Of course it’s disjointed where we see them NOT in Otherworld now. Unless this is a few pages in, Tini needs to learn how to write. Still everything is disjointed and no flow from scene to scene.