Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

It's stupid. Especially since Bendis thinks a good idea.

Also, the last thing the GL mythos needs is yet another freakin' Green Lantern.

Godz, I miss the days when Kyle Rayner was the only one.
    Batman - Daredevil

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Supper smart girl takes on a classic name? So Bendis is just recycling his Riri Willaims plot from his Iron Man run. Also an Earth girl being able to hack into Green Lantern ring? Something most advanced alien species have never been able to do? I hate the whole "Earth people are the smartest creatures in the universe" troupe.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Supper smart girl takes on a classic name? So Bendis is just recycling his Riri Willaims plot from his Iron Man run. Also an Earth girl being able to hack into Green Lantern ring? Something most advanced alien species have never been able to do? I hate the whole "Earth people are the smartest creatures in the universe" troupe.
    But she's a Morrison creation, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilBat66 View Post

And there was me, thinking that was one too many...

Well maybe one, if it had been a good looking woman.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    it's way past time. Hopefully this character will be angst-free. We'll see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Written by Bendis? Doubt it.
    Personally, I feel asking for "angst-free" is kind of a loaded thing. It's also not really easy to do, especially in contemporary works that strive to do nuanced portrayals of characters that go through some form(s) of conflict. If you make the character "angst-free" than either you (meaning the writer) make the character not really go through anything arduous (fitting for certain types of works, but not so much for most on-going character-driven stories) or you make them not react with any sense of deepness to situations that realistically should elicit some kind of "angst" or "angst-like" response(s). The latter, in turn, can lead to implications, founded or not, of the character either being some hollow shell or someone who deliberately suppresses things.

I think, Hypestyle, what you might really be looking for is character who isn't "angst-ridden" as opposed to one who is "angst-free" Meaning, they can and do feel angst when the story makes it appropriate for them to, but they are not primarily or solely defined by angst, nor are they bombarded with rapid-fire angst-ridden situations.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by DevilBat66 View Post
    It's stupid. Especially since Bendis thinks a good idea.

Also, the last thing the GL mythos needs is yet another freakin' Green Lantern.

I’m a big Hal fan but I did love when Kyle was the only Lantern. I hate having 6. It’s just ridiculous and then girl hacking a ring is just plain stupid.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DJjoker182 View Post
    I know this is a bit out there but I always thought Tim Drake would be a good Lantern.
    I remember him beating scarecrow gas and saving batman before he was even robin. So he has the will.

Also he would be a different lantern in that hed be able to use his powers to craft gadgets and create chemical reactions to great effect.

i found it silly that cyborg superman was able to hack the green lantern rings...

what are the chances of that happening again.

I'm just glad Hal Jordan isn't being saddled with a teenage sidekick. One thing I liked about the pre-Crisis GL era was that GL was the only main DC hero that didn't fight evil alongside a teenager. And when he did get a sidekick, it was a grown man capable of defending himself - Green Arrow.

Anyway, DC will keep creating Green Lantern characters. When have they ever said "We should stop, we already have enough"? The newer ones have their time in the sun, and then fade into the background eventually. See - Charlie Vickers, Arisia, Jade, most likely Simon Baz, eventually this teen lantern, etc., etc.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That is not always a great selling point. He also created the two worst character in the history of the X-Men Quentin Quire and Fantomex. I know people want to put everything Morrison creates as the gold standard, but he creates just as much junk as he does great things.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    That is not always a great selling point. He also created the two worst character in the history of the X-Men Quentin Quire and Fantomex. I know people want to put everything Morrison creates as the gold standard, but he creates just as much junk as he does great things.
    I don't know how "worse" they are. They have meme haters, but both characters have their fans, and both characters are likely to recur in the X-Books.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Do you have any link that confirms it? I tried to search but I couldn't find anything that confirmed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Ellingham View Post
    I'm just glad Hal Jordan isn't being saddled with a teenage sidekick. One thing I liked about the pre-Crisis GL era was that GL was the only main DC hero that didn't fight evil alongside a teenager. And when he did get a sidekick, it was a grown man capable of defending himself - Green Arrow.

Anyway, DC will keep creating Green Lantern characters. When have they ever said "We should stop, we already have enough"? The newer ones have their time in the sun, and then fade into the background eventually. See - Charlie Vickers, Arisia, Jade, most likely Simon Baz, eventually this teen lantern, etc., etc.
    i'll most likely check wikipedia, but who is charlie vickers?

I think everyone is jumping the gun on this one. I'm willing to bet they're going to tell a different type of story if they're going to have a teenage girl hack a green Lantern. I don't think she'll be in the same lane as the others.

yes, it's too early to tell.

with regards to the hacking a power battery thing, maybe a teenager was able to hack not the actual power ring, but the device black hand used back in the old days.