Page 40 of 60 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast

Evil this, dark that, metal the other. Talk about squeezing the sponge. I think DC just likes black ink and ugly faces.
    Professional KoOk, available nine days a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post
    Superman, as originally created by Siegal & Schuster, is a sci-fi update of the Moses legend likely combined with the Golem of Prague legend. The Last Son of a Dying Planet sent off to a remote planet is just a Gernesback update of Moses in the bulrushs and a lot of those early stories carry the firecracker spirit of the story of the Exodus. That's also where the Golem of Prague comes in, with an invincible and almost cruel super strong protector of the weak making those who would subjugate those beneath them's life hell. It's not especially supririsng that two Jewish-Americans on the verge of WWII would create such a character. Heck, the name Siegal gave him- Kal-L- is literally a name for the Abrahamic God.
    The Moses parallels were kind of hard to miss in the Pre-Crisis Superman. The cover blurb for the issue in which he (finally) enlarged the Bottle City of Kandor was "Let My People Grow," fer pity's sake.

An argument can be made that the Post-Crisis Superman was, for a couple of decades anyway, pushed much closer to a Christ archetype. Being born on Earth, being the ONLY son of Krypton, dying and rising again, the imagery from Smallville, his relative disinterest in Kryptonian culture... it all seemed a bit more Christian than his pre-Crisis counterpart.

So I finally got time in my day to really talk Justice League, and I got to say before I get into anything it’s kind of a 7/10, maybe even lower. My main complaint really is compared to other large page tie-ins this felt slow, it took time to do some set up but it really didn’t go anywhere nor did it really finish its set up. Maybe because it’s in 5 parts instead of just one one-shot they felt the need to do that but honestly it didn’t quite work. My favorite part was probably just the Nightwing stuff if I’m being honest.

Onto some spoilers I guess

spoilers:
    I’m not sure what Martian Manhunter was thinking. He gets freed from New Apokolips, and yet he thinks he can just free the Legion of Doom and then he runs into Omega-Knight and Mindhunter who are likely the big bad of the story. Who if I’m honest I like Omega-Knight more, Mindhunter I’m just looking at it and seeing Batman rip off Luthor, whole Omega-Knight is a unique threat coming out of No Justice. I’m a little thankful for that, because No Justice also played a role in getting to Death Metal.

Other then that really besides a few good moments with Detective Chimp and Nightwing, hawkgirl is there and gets parts too, we kind of cap off with Luthor telling the heroes what they need to know. I’m making it sound boring and it’s not really, it just feels a little lacking compared to the big moments in Trinity Crisis. I think it will pick up more as the story goes along but for now kind of a slow start for me.
    end of spoilers
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    So I finally got time in my day to really talk Justice League, and I got to say before I get into anything it’s kind of a 7/10, maybe even lower. My main complaint really is compared to other large page tie-ins this felt slow, it took time to do some set up but it really didn’t go anywhere nor did it really finish its set up. Maybe because it’s in 5 parts instead of just one one-shot they felt the need to do that but honestly it didn’t quite work. My favorite part was probably just the Nightwing stuff if I’m being honest.
    I thought it was a nice change of voice, a little more subdued than Snyder's and Capullo over the top take but still capturing the tone. I could have done with a little less narration in the second half, but I feel it is setting up for an interesting adventure worth reading even apart from being part of the bigger story.

Covers from Reddit
    3079DC5E-D6F4-4AE7-864F-D3322F51E3ED.jpg
    BE6DDD9D-F19C-48AA-A57D-60BF39645650.jpg
    2760A9E7-9B81-4A22-AC77-5E889C282212.jpg
    Looks like that WW bit from 5G will still be intact. I can’t say I’m excited about Scott Snyder overriding Rucka’s origin. I seriously doubt he can do better than Rucka did.

Here’s links:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/DCcomics/co...tm_name=iossmf

Why the hell do images sometimes post like they’re for ants?
    Last edited by Vordan; 09-17-2020 at 08:52 PM.

Looks like Snyder's gonna do a redemption storyline for Superboy Prime. If he does, that'll be one positive I take from this. Although I would think chances are high he'll die in the process.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Not a fan of tossing out Year One to help the JSA and movie synergy.

Hear's hoping BMWL and Superboy-Prime both kill one another.

People were wondering if the leotard would come back, but instead it's the Golden Age skirt .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    People were wondering if the leotard would come back, but instead it's the Golden Age skirt .
    Well, that's a small step?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Not a fan of tossing out Year One to help the JSA and movie synergy.

Hear's hoping BMWL and Superboy-Prime both kill one another.
    No way, Batman Who Laugh will kill Superboy-Prime with a wink. Remember Synder's quote of this comic 'Batman always WIN'.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Laufeyson View Post
    No way, Batman Who Laugh will kill Superboy-Prime with a wink. Remember Synder's quote of this comic 'Batman always WIN'.
    Well, it didn't help when batmobile lost a wheel.i can tell you that much.

I honestly just think it’s Snyder doing a joke on the idea of who wins in a fight Batman or Superman, seeing as how there was a reference to how Batman always wins. Here we have overpowered evil versions of Batman and Superman in the same event, so why not fight.

Other then that those Capullo covers look great, 7 is pretty neat but I’m probably more a fan of 6 with the army of heroes standing together.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

BANNED

Oh! Come on, this is Batman-Joker fusion with Dr. Manhattan's power, we are talking here. He had the brain of Batman, the fearless of Joker, and the power that messed up the whole DC Multiverse. It's not even a competition, man. I mean sure Superboy-Prime is as strong as Pre-Crisis Kryptonian, but even then we have to remember that Pre-Crisis Kryptonian can't make a dent to Anti-Monitor when he is at his prime. Now what is the Darkest Knight fighting? Perpetua. Perpetua is as strong as three monitors which is idiot. Now, tell me. How can Superboy-Prime even go against Darkest Knight?

I believe even if Superboy Prime is using Anti Monitor armor empowered with Mobius whole body and possesing Anti Life Equation mix with Omega-Effect, he won't make even a dent on BWL. The only way they can make this fight interesting if the point they make is that is not Superboy Prime during the Infinite Crisis, but the aftermath, where he realize what he did is meaningless and he was wrong. Then being a true representation of Superman in golden era he is fighting a losing battle against the Darkest Knight, just long enough to give WW, Superman, and Batman enough time to actualize their plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    How can the skirt come back when it was culottes?

First there is Death Metal, then there is...Death Rust.
    Professional KoOk, available nine days a week.