Page 100 of 267 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110150200 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 3996
    Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I completely forgot I created this thread. Anyway.

The idea of Dick leaving Nightwing behind to try and pursue a normal life isn't a bad concept. Ric Grayson is just the entirely wrong way to go about it.
    How do you think it should be done?

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    How do you think it should be done?
    No edgy amnesiac phase, for one thing. Dick is a very down to earth kind of character who's spent most of his life being a superhero - there was that time where Dick was just a police officer for a while when Cheyenne Freemont took over as Nightwing, something like that would probably work rather well.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

The idea of Dick leaving Nightwing behind to try and pursue a normal life isn't a bad concept. Ric Grayson is just the entirely wrong way to go about it.
    I don't think thats controversial, lol.

I want the exact opposite. Let him go public and use Inc. to shield eyes from Bruce.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    I want the exact opposite. Let him go public and use Inc. to shield eyes from Bruce.
    Not sure I'm reading this right - Dick destroying any chance at normal life for himself (if going public means revealing identity) to further Bruce's ends? And working for Inc. - serving Bruce's needs for the rest of his life and never ever being independent or having his own job or whatnot unrelated to Bruce? Controversial, I'll grant you.

Although if you mean reveal his identity as Nightwing to the public, I don't see that shielding Bruce, but drawing more eyes to him.

A normal life never worked for Dick. He failed out of college. He's been fired from every job and lost every girlfriend. His intro the the first Dixon era trade is him lamenting about how much of a loser he his. So dump the baggage. Be a public superhero. Dick goes from a loser with a fake face to his cool genuine self.

And if people start asking about what Bruce's ward being Robin means for Bruce, he can claim that connections through Bruce's Batman Inc. rather than implicate Bruce as Batman directly.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.

That would be kind of the point or hook though, Dick leaving Nightwing behind to try and pursue a normal life when he has no idea how to even have a normal life. So how would that look, can he do it, what would he even do, and ultimately would it actually fulfill him or would he realize being superhero truly is his calling. There could be meat there. I'd take that over him just bitching about how he doesn't want to be a superhero as does exactly that as a sidekick to a bunch of nobodies.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 07-15-2019 at 05:39 PM.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I’m not sure how appealing it would be to read a story about Dick trying to discover a life without Nightwing knowing damn well that it leads right back to Nightwing. That honestly just feels like filler until those in charge figure out what to do with him next.

Thats fair, and what he tries to do for a living to do would be important. Cause "normal" isn't really what people look for with these characters. But ultimately leading back to Nightwing isn't necessarily be a bad thing, ideally the journey would lead to a better overall and refreshed Nightwing. After that maybe one doesn't waste readers time with having him get a mundane job like bus boy, counselor, or personal trainer again. Or with that time, and depending if people respond to certain things, they actually find that other career path for him and integrate it into his overall mythos.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 07-15-2019 at 06:14 PM.

Ultimate Member

Dick ought to be the Sam Axe of the DC verse. He's friends with everyone, even some villains, and heroes come to him looking for help

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Dick ought to be the Sam Axe of the DC verse. He's friends with everyone, even some villains, and heroes come to him looking for help
    how can dick be interact with everyone if he's isolated in bludhevan? They would need a reason to go come bludhevan or dick would need a reason to leave bludhevan.

Wouldn't it be a lot easier to just make the nightwing solo into a globetrotting team up book? Honestly just make nightwing the lead of whatever organization comes out of the leviathan event.

Fantastic Member

Morrison Dick is OOC. As OOC as Jason or talia or Bruce compared to the classic versions.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    how can dick be interact with everyone if he's isolated in bludhevan? They would need a reason to go come bludhevan or dick would need a reason to leave bludhevan.

Wouldn't it be a lot easier to just make the nightwing solo into a globetrotting team up book? Honestly just make nightwing the lead of whatever organization comes out of the leviathan event.
    I don't like mobile heroes. I like a homebase and steady supporting cast for comics I read. And I want a Nightwing (and Dick Grayson) I can like.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    I don't like mobile heroes. I like a homebase and steady supporting cast for comics I read. And I want a Nightwing (and Dick Grayson) I can like.
    And I want what's best for the character.

Quote Originally Posted by nhienphan2808 View Post
    Morrison Dick is OOC. As OOC as Jason or talia or Bruce compared to the classic versions.
    That’s a good one. Can you explain?