Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

I don't understand. Bishop gets thrown into prison, but Jean only gets mind-wiped, even though she was the one who initiated the "crime"? Why the double standard?

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Ok, ok, I guess I'll buy this issue and see what all of the hubbub is about.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Can't believe nobody's joked about the possibility of Bish getting some action on the side. It's like folks aren't even trying.

BANNED

Damn, why did this have to be so good?

I was really hoping to be able to ignore Age of X-Man altogether - for the sake of my budget, if nothing else - but I'm hooked.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    I don't understand. Bishop gets thrown into prison, but Jean only gets mind-wiped, even though she was the one who initiated the "crime"? Why the double standard?
    The answer would be in who's controlling this reality.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

This was a pretty safe issue. Nothing bad to really complain about. Maybe the art being a bit too static. 8.5/10.

Also they had the six series at the end but no release date. Thanks, JDW.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    > Nate Grey
    > Jean Grey

Nepotism
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post

> Nate Grey
    > Jean Grey

Nepotism
    So how many times has this happened?
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    The way you describe it actually makes it worse than AoA. I mean, at least there you know it's a Hell hole. Yeah, you can be "disappeared" but at least people knew that they could be gotten rid of.

And yeah, the whole getting rid of sex and romantic love is sort of silly, but when you consider his own history, it's all just so creepy. Like he's trying to apply his own experiences to everyone else because he thinks it'll make things better. But of course, as we see, the whole thing is also a practical way to divide people and keep them separated.

I just hope Nate isn't too forgiven. I'm sure he will be, but not too much.

That would be nice. That guy gets away with way too much.
    Nate Grey is a hero..why do u think he needs to pay? Dr. Doom messed up everything and got rewarded with a fixed face to end that story.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    Who was Bishop with for those other two times? I thought it was implying a longer history between the two, so why has Bishop had it so many times but not Jean?
    If Nate Grey is actually in control, he may be protect his pseudo-mom.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    He’s a black man
    Lol nooooo

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Lol nooooo
    If these guys are brave enough to write commentary about brown folk and law enforcement they will have earned whatever number of dollars I end up spending on the event.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Can'tHexTheX View Post
    If these guys are brave enough to write commentary about brown folk and law enforcement they will have earned whatever number of dollars I end up spending on the event.
    Hasn't this idea already been played with before? This event seems more fixed on the concept of individuality/love being a basis for rebellion against conformity per 1984.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I thought the guy with the ponytail in the O5 memorial was Hank but it looks like Nate. How the hell did that work out? lmao
    "Cable was right!"

BANNED

Beast is in jail so they wiped him from existence like they did Bishop this issue.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Hasn't this idea already been played with before? This event seems more fixed on the concept of individuality/love being a basis for rebellion against conformity per 1984.
    Probably been done before, but not recently. Not on-the-nose in the way this Bishop story seems like it might go. Also, telling a story about love doesn't preclude examining prejudice.

I actually really liked this and all the real life implications

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    The way you describe it actually makes it worse than AoA. I mean, at least there you know it's a Hell hole. Yeah, you can be "disappeared" but at least people knew that they could be gotten rid of.

And yeah, the whole getting rid of sex and romantic love is sort of silly, but when you consider his own history, it's all just so creepy. Like he's trying to apply his own experiences to everyone else because he thinks it'll make things better. But of course, as we see, the whole thing is also a practical way to divide people and keep them separated.

I just hope Nate isn't too forgiven. I'm sure he will be, but not too much.

That would be nice. That guy gets away with way too much.
    Which Is how a lot of opinionated folks in real life operate- unable to see others’ perspectives based on their experiences.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?