Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    And on the topic of executive experience, I feel I should point out that James Buchanan, who had what was at the time a glowing resume in that regard, is now widely regarded by historians as one the worsts presidents to have ever held office, if not the worst.
    I think the only one who ranks above him on lists I have reads is Pierce. Buchanan merely did nothing at a time when action was called for, Pierce fanned the flames and made the problem worse. Buchanan was the guy it exploded under.

The number of Trump officials who have resigned or been fired in 11 months is now at 20. NBC News just had a report up that after New Years', four more administration officials are planning to resign.

Trump has people fleeing at a rate of about two a month. To say nothing of those getting indicted.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by ouroboros View Post
    I don't see that anything I wrote imputes excessive violence to the mentally ill as a group. I only said that when a mentally ill person commits violence, it can be from "any number of stimuli."

Though Paddock is dead and cannot be officially pronounced crazy, it's the most logical interpretation going on current evidence.
    I admit to have seen the same stories. Could it be because that's how it gets spun EVERY TIME? Anything to avoid talking about gun control! OMG!!!! Look how CRAZY that person is! We need to figure out how to keep CRAZY people from getting guns!!!! It's NEVER just some angry asshole who shoots up a bunch of people because he has the GOD GIVEN RIGHT to own as many automatic weapons as HE pleases.
    Pull List: Barbaric,DC Black Label,Dept. of Truth,Fire Power,Hellboy,Saga,Something is Killing the Children,Terryverse,Usagi Yojimbo.

Quote Originally Posted by 4saken1 View Post
    Against Hillary, maybe, maybe not. Trump attracted a lot of voters who wouldn't normally vote Republican who were fed up with the status quo. Hillary had 25+ years of campaigning against her. Many voters (including those who stayed home/voted Green) didn't like her for many reasons that had nothing to do with Hillary directly and/or were easily debunked. Unfortunately, the vast majority of the electorate is comprised of low information voters. Once they have an opinion, facts don't really matter

Clinton's initial victory was not as much due to his experience as the spoiler vote of Ross Perot. Obama got the black vote. Hillary was on of the most qualified candidates the Democratic Party has has in recent history, including her husband.
    My point was that Bill was quite inexperienced. He was never a legislator (prominent or otherwise), cabinet official, big state Governor, or military leader.

And on the topic of executive experience, I feel I should point out that James Buchanan, who had what was at the time a glowing resume in that regard, is now widely regarded by historians as one the worsts presidents to have ever held office, if not the worst.
    And Abraham Lincoln was a former one-term Congressman.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Pence gets told off by Custodian of the Curch of the Holy Sepulcher.

Here's a hint - doing things that everyone knows are going to inflame violence isn't a good way to show your faith in the 'Prince of Peace.'

BANNED

from Kentucky

State rep Dan Johnson - under investigation for molesting a teenage girl, and refusing to resign amid the allegations, has committed suicide

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    from Kentucky

State rep Dan Johnson - under investigation for molesting a teenage girl, and refusing to resign amid the allegations, has committed suicide
    Holy shit.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    The number of Trump officials who have resigned or been fired in 11 months is now at 20. NBC News just had a report up that after New Years', four more administration officials are planning to resign.

Trump has people fleeing at a rate of about two a month. To say nothing of those getting indicted.
    Does this include Omarosa? I heard that she had some dispute about her bridesmaids visiting the White House without permission and that's why she's gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Mecegirl View Post
    We're allowed our cooks too. LOL. They can't all be Barack. Some get to be Ben.

Real talk though, Black people are very religious we tend to ignore religious based dog whistles. But there is always a few that fall for that rhetoric. In my experience its usually all talk but no vote for those types. I guess a few of them voted this go round.
    Yep.

If religious concerns are primarily what you are voting based on, you are stuck with either...

- Write In
    - Do this "Vote Against" thing.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Holy shit.
    WBE just profiled him yesterday. Holy crap.

He apparently posted one final thing on Facebook before dying, but given how morbid things are, I'm not going to post it.

Despite everything, I wish his family the best during these trouble times. I've lost family members to suicide and its never easy (never for reasons like this though).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Does this include Omarosa? I heard that she had some dispute about her bridesmaids visiting the White House without permission and that's why she's gone.
    the idiot probably thought hiring Omarosa would get black voters

and then Alabama happened

she was punished for 97 percent of black women voting for a Democrat in the reddest state ever

Quote Originally Posted by mojotastic View Post
    For what i have read, the reason why Jones gones is because republican voters didnt participate in the election, they coulndt stomach Moore.
    Well...

Without the black vote coming out, those "Write In" voters from that graphic Mece posted would not have been in a position to make the difference.

BANNED

If you're out there writing in Mickey Mouse on your ballot you have no business complaining about the state of current affairs.
    Most Write-ins aren't writing in Mickey Mouse. many are writing themselves in. Do I want them to support my candidate? Sure, I'm a Progressive. I want them to join me. If they don't I'm fine with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    I seriously thought that Jones won because of a change in the hearts and minds of significant percent of conservative voters who just couldn't abide his awfulness. Nope, that number was barely dented. No noticeable impact. The minority vote saved the Jones campaign, flat out. Which is great, but also terrifying. Great, because it shows the power of a charged base, terrifying, because the white majority is on some serious kool aid and needs to get talked off the ledge.
    Take a look at the numbers.

If your "Barely Dented" number was in Moore's pocket, it's probably a different outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Okay ... so it was jsut some random guy? I thought you were referencing it was Alex Jones or Milo or something.
    No, no one famous. Just some guy that looked like he just passed a small kidney stone.