Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

So who went through the Crucible? Any peeps we know?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Just a newly created character. Magneto was the one she fought.

Quote Originally Posted by Proxy View Post
    Just listening to an interview with Si:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sN1EK4tQ1Es

Sounds like Way of X was meant to come out sooner and was to be launched using Apocalypses crucible as a springboard. But it got delayed due to Lock down.

(edit: Wow Si is just giving away characters that are going to appear in this book)
    Can I be nosy and ask what characters he mentioned? My YouTube is refusing to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Salemdelight View Post
    Can I be nosy and ask what characters he mentioned? My YouTube is refusing to work.
    He hinted at Stacy X, Dazzler and Scarlet Witch.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Eh I hope it's only for a brief stop
    GrindrStone(D)

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Melody, Canonball sister, she fought Apocalypse.

Callisto she fought Storm

Lost she fought Magneto.

I still they should have stopped this law since Apocalypse proposed it.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 04-23-2021 at 05:37 AM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Thanks. Be iteresting to see Stacy's opinion on what's going on since she's an original x-man.

Bit bummed out as was hoping Si had rescued Chamber from where ever he's vanished too, seeing as he's a fan, and writes him wonderfully.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Probably the biggest problem with the Crucible aside from the existential "is reviving cloning" stuff is that the big heroic deathmatch is the only choice. It doesn't build your character since you don't remember dying, and it's only a heroic last stand if you're remotely physically capable of fighting, otherwise it's just bloodsport

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Probably the biggest problem with the Crucible aside from the existential "is reviving cloning" stuff is that the big heroic deathmatch is the only choice. It doesn't build your character since you don't remember dying, and it's only a heroic last stand if you're remotely physically capable of fighting, otherwise it's just bloodsport
    Melody remembered dying - Xavier was present. Also, I recall Apocalypse kept saying she could still just walk away from the arena and live, so basically you have to fight back to die and complete the ritual.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I'd like to see some fair fights during the Crucible with the depowered mutant actually having a chance to win. Yes I know that's not the point and quite the opposite of that, but still.

Like a depowered mutant couldn't possibly stand a chance against the likes of Apocalypse, Magneto or Storm, but I reckon Callisto could take say Nightcrawler. A depowered Storm or Mirage could probably take down a lot of folks.

I don't buy this whole "conquering death" rhetoric as it literally hinges on 5 specific mutants. If somehow Goldballs gets killed what then? Young mutants goading Pixie into suicide is absolutely disgusting even if it is temporary. I'm glad Nightcrawler is the one questioning this whole madness. This is a great start, easily 10/10.

I loved that the book pointed out how the crucible is guiding a form of evolution on Krakoa, specifically favoring combat. That is a good point and I'm glad Kurt is upset by it. It really is messed up when you think about it. I also found the introduction of the patchwork man quite haunting. I really liked the way the younger mutants were mentioning this phenomena and how it was revealed as a moment of spookiness immediately following resurrection later on in the issue. Very cool, in my opinion.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Quote Originally Posted by Salemdelight View Post
    He also mentioned Mercury. I somehow glazed over and missed him bringing up Stacy X, so thanks for that.

It's fun to still be thinking about so many of the issues with Krakoa days after reading this. From what the teens are doing, to the role of religion in a new society, to how crowds and participants react to the Crucible. I'm still looking forward to a more intensive look at The Five (in any of the titles) and how they feel about the worship they get. There's been guest appearances here and there, but nothing that's really felt deep about them yet.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    I don't buy this whole "conquering death" rhetoric as it literally hinges on 5 specific mutants. If somehow Goldballs gets killed what then? Young mutants goading Pixie into suicide is absolutely disgusting even if it is temporary. I'm glad Nightcrawler is the one questioning this whole madness. This is a great start, easily 10/10.
    Yeah finding a more efficient way to resurrect dead characters is hardly "defeating mortality". If anything mutants die way more often than before they were "immortal".

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    They usually have a stash of eggs, so they could still grow a body for Goldballs as long as those are not destroyed too. Probably Jamie Braddock or one of the other nutso-powerful reality warpers could just bring him back if they wanted.