Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Milici View Post
    Some of those "kids" should be on their 30´s. Some had kids themselves, was Warpath also a "kid" when he was fucking hepzibah?
    As ZephyrSurf said, I was talking about Gabby and her friends. Mostly her, though. She sounds like someone who is very aware of her feelings, like she went through a lot of good therapy. I don't see a lot of teenagers like that, but I can imagine it is normal. Just sounded weird for Gabby to me, but not bad at all.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Weather View Post
    Good issue for me. Although it really took too long, it is fun to have the confrontation finally happening with Farouk. They let him loose for too long and now we're seeing his true colors. The dialogues are very well written, but I think Ayala makes the kids talk in a way that sounds too responsible and self aware for how young they are. It sounds a little fake to me. The older mutants not falling for Farouk's intentions is a good thing, they are smart enough for that crap. It is very convenient that Warlock is not here, because SK wouldn't be able to drag him into his mind I think. But I'll allow it haha.

The art for me is the best thing. Reis is beyond excelent. All his pages look wonderful. He is one of the best in Marvel right now and this book has a lot to thank him for. All the characters have a lot of personality in their body and facial expressions, even when they are in the background. I really hope he continues on the X-books for a long time.
    The reason they can talk this way is because they (Dani and the others) have literally seen their own deaths in the alternate futures Farouk is speaking about. They are very aware of what's possibility awaiting them.

Gabby? Well she isn't and was never a kid to begin with. Major mistake to think of her as being one.

The Rest of them ? They just got another dose of nasty reality.
    Last edited by rcaguy; 10-06-2021 at 07:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Weather View Post
    As ZephyrSurf said, I was talking about Gabby and her friends. Mostly her, though. She sounds like someone who is very aware of her feelings, like she went through a lot of good therapy. I don't see a lot of teenagers like that, but I can imagine it is normal. Just sounded weird for Gabby to me, but not bad at all.
    I loved that vita doesn't tone the kids down. I think the amount of siblings plays a part in how aware one can be too, like i have a lot of siblings older than me so i learned a lot watching them and was very aware as a kid.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I hate how almost all of the characters “sound” the same. Rahne should be have a thick Scottish accent like Moira. Vita is doing the same thing Hickman does and kills everyone’s accents making them talk alike. I hope we get a new writer next year..

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    I hate how almost all of the characters “sound” the same. Rahne should be have a thick Scottish accent like Moira. Vita is doing the same thing Hickman does and kills everyone’s accents making them talk alike. I hope we get a new writer next year..
    English is not my first language, so I appreciate when they don't use thick accents in the writing, it reads a lot easier for me. A little bit of accent I think is fine, like some writers do for Rogue sometimes. For Rahne I didn't mind much in this issue, but I agree sometimes it took me a moment to see she was the one speaking because of that.

One thing that really bothered me was Leah Williams writing NorthStar in X-tremists and X-Factor. She made the character speak some random words and sometimes full sentences in French, which I understand nothing lol. It killed the dialogue for me. I'm glad she is not doing that in Trial of Magneto. Much better.

Anyone know why Dani and Karma's synergy got weird? Are their powers evolving or are they developing a pyshic connection?
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no fear, there is power.
    I am the heart of the Force.
    I am the revealing fire of light.
    I am the mystery of darkness.
    In balance with chaos and harmony,
    Immortal in the Force.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    This will probably read much better in trade when its not as apparent that the build up has been scattered between so many plots, when many of them didn't really matter.

there's a lot you can analyze with that speech. How much are mutants embodying that notion in the current line up? How much have humans? Its tough to say, because how much humanity at large hates mutants has varied so wildly over the years. In some stories they get hatecrimed constantly, in others they're basically treated as good/badly as any other non-white, straight group. Then there's stuff like Grand Design, which makes a majority of the worst mutantkind has suffered the fault of a small club of evil men.

Seriously, Grand Design had the leaders of all the the biggest anti-mutant groups all go to college together and be a part of the same college club. It will never not be baffling/funny to me.
    This speech, and the New Mutants' response, was something I'd been waiting on for a LONG time. These are the ones that should be in charge, not Charles, Xavier or Moira. At the very least, they get the ruinous dynamic that aggression for the sake of your people's survival above all else dooms you in the end. As is the observation that attacks on humans and other species automatically galvanizes them, unifies them against you in the most basic survival response. We're seeing something similar over in Otherworld, and we saw in Moira's previous lives that humanity united behind the cause of mutant extinction (because they were fighting for survival against a legitimate threat against them). Also, it's good that this is JUST Farouk doing all this. It would've cheapened the impact of the scene if it was SK's doing. Of course he'd be traumatized by centuries of life experience seeing a similar pattern of arrogance->inevitable downfall play out.

Well done, Vita!

Extraordinary Member

This all does read better in trade than as individual issues. The New Mutants also look like idiots for getting themselves into this mess. Did they agree to talk in his mind? If so, why? Were they unprepared for a psychic attack? But they knew who they were up against.

Quote Originally Posted by norj View Post
    Anyone know why Dani and Karma's synergy got weird? Are their powers evolving or are they developing a pyshic connection?
    I was wondering about that, too. The data page said there was another presence or multiple presences. All I can think of is that it has something to do with the Otherworld deal or Tran is up to something.

I loved the issue, but it was over too soon.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by norj View Post
    I am not into this synergy stuff because they can't be in the same team forever,

The writers should give both a secondary mutation like Karma having telekinetic powers, Dani having solid manifestations of her images.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Good issue with great art but yes... neverending.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    Why on earth would Rahne work on keeping her accent after being away from Scotland for so long? Seems like she would subconsously pronounce words the way the people around her would.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    I am not into this synergy stuff because they can't be in the same team forever,

The writers should give both a secondary mutation like Karma having telekinetic powers, Dani having solid manifestations of her images.
    Dani did untill people realized just how totally *STUPID* the whole thing/idea was. Like having the car she was driving disapear when she had to manifest a driver's licence.
    Last edited by rcaguy; 10-07-2021 at 12:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post

Yes because we need Karma to be less unique than other psi-characters like Jean and QQ.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    I was wondering about that, too. The data page said there was another presence or multiple presences. All I can think of is that it has something to do with the Otherworld deal or Tran is up to something.

I loved the issue, but it was over too soon.
    More likely they came up with a different aspect of it they liked better.