Page 451 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 351401441447448449450451452453454455461501551951 ... LastLast
Results 6,751 to 6,765 of 20773
    Spectacular Member

Looks like Black Panther Volume 1 OHC is set for July 2017: https://www.hachettebookgroup.biz/ti...9781302904159/

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Interesting that Shang Chi 1 sold that many, while Shang Chi 2 barely got 900. I guess quite a few speculators or quite a few caught in hype and didnt like....
    Shang Chi 2 had a printing issue and will release more in a few weeks, same with ASM 2 reprint. I would expect that number to increase.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pch3727 View Post
    Shang Chi 2 had a printing issue and will release more in a few weeks, same with ASM 2 reprint. I would expect that number to increase.
    This isn't customer buys though is it? Just orders from stores? It made me think that stores bought lots of v1 and then never sold them.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    This isn't customer buys though is it? Just orders from stores? It made me think that stores bought lots of v1 and then never sold them.
    Your're right, it's the amount the stores ordered from Diamond, but I doubt Diamond would put up sales numbers for something that they have not shipped out yet. If that is the real number then that is very surprising because I've only heard positive reviews of the first volume. That would be quite the drop off.

Quote Originally Posted by pch3727 View Post
    Your're right, it's the amount the stores ordered from Diamond, but I doubt Diamond would put up sales numbers for something that they have not shipped out yet. If that is the real number then that is very surprising because I've only heard positive reviews of the first volume. That would be quite the drop off.
    Why would they not? The items would have been ordered and invoiced, just delayed in dispatch. I guess it's possible though, as that is an over 50% drop off

It's possible that people bought into the hype of MOKF, thinking of all the people saying it would never get done, but once they read it they were immediately turned off. I like it, but it hasn't aged well. It's not really an acquired taste. You kind of have to be used to the comics of that era. I can see an extreme drop off on volume 2 for that.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    It's possible that people bought into the hype of MOKF, thinking of all the people saying it would never get done, but once they read it they were immediately turned off. I like it, but it hasn't aged well. It's not really an acquired taste. You kind of have to be used to the comics of that era. I can see an extreme drop off on volume 2 for that.
    Yeah. I think Marvel are going to regret not doing this as two big ones. By the time we get to vol4.....those wont be pretty numbers.

New JAN solicits out today, as far as I know it contained nothing we didn't already know via Amazon fish or the recently announced Marvel Monster omnibus and Amazing Spidey v3 omnibus.
    Looks like they're pushing some monster stuff in the monthlies as well. You'd think if you're going to do monster themed stuff you would, oh I don't know, have them come out NOW in OCTOBER near Halloween, vs much later. But I digress. I'm sure there's a reason they couldn't do it around halloween.

BTW I think based on Amazon there's at least one DC horror / monster HC out there, for the future, so I guess everyone's jumping on the horror/monster bandwagon. After reading all about that Monsterbus, I'll admit I got real excited for a few minutes, and then realized I would never, ever read it. So it's not for me. It would be really cool to flip through, especially from a historic perspective, though. I view GA and Atlas titles as that - a window into history, but just not my cup of tea as far as reading. Silver Age I can handle, albeit in smallish amounts, but GA especially, it's quite a slog. Anyways, cheers.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    same could be said for both bendis and brubakers runs and shang chi while we're at it :P
    That's true. I just don't like omni's that are less than 600 pages unless the full series are less than that.

Quote Originally Posted by enguarde22 View Post
    Looks like Black Panther Volume 1 OHC is set for July 2017: https://www.hachettebookgroup.biz/ti...9781302904159/
    Damn that was quick. I'm still hoping Old Man Logan and Doctor Strange get OHC's
    We need better comics

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    That's true. I just don't like omni's that are less than 600 pages unless the full series are less than that.

Damn that was quick. I'm still hoping Old Man Logan and Doctor Strange get OHC's
    Strange will get an Omni eventually, Marvel has some weird obsession with Jason Aaron in Omnibus format.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

DAREDEVIL BY ED BRUBAKER & MICHAEL LARK OMNIBUS VOL. 2 (NEW PRINTING) Cover by MARKO DJURDJEVIC:

Collecting DAREDEVIL (1998) #106-119 and #500, DAREDEVIL ANNUAL (2007) #1, and DAREDEVIL: BLOOD OF THE TARANTULA.

Great news Marvel are reprinting the Daredevil Omnis. Let's just hope the DD Bendis Omnis get reprinted. The only DD Omni I'm missing is DD Bendis Vol. 1.

THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN OMNIBUS VOL. 3 DM Cover by GIL KANE:

THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN OMNIBUS VOL. 3 Cover by MIKE MCKONE:

Collecting AMAZING SPIDER-MAN (1963) #68-104

MONSTERS VOL. 1: THE MARVEL MONSTERBUS BY STAN LEE, LARRY LIEBER & JACK KIRBY Cover by JACK KIRBY:

Collecting material from STRANGE TALES OF THE UNUSUAL (1955) 7; ASTONISHING (1951) 56; WORLD OF FANTASY (1956) 15-19; STRANGE WORLDS (1958) 1, 3-5; STRANGE TALES (1951) 67-70, 72-86; JOURNEY INTO MYSTERY (1952) 51-70; TALES TO ASTONISH (1959) 1, 3-21; TALES OF SUSPENSE (1959) 2-19; and AMAZING ADVENTURES (1961) 1-2

THE UNBEATABLE SQUIRREL GIRL VOL. 2 OHC Cover by ERICA HENDERSON:

Collecting UNBEATABLE SQUIRREL GIRL (2015B) #1-11 and HOWARD THE DUCK (2015B) #6

I'm stoked for the Daredevil by Brubaker/Lark reprints. I'd wait for both to be released to order them in one go, but if ASM Vol. 2 was any indicator, I might need to jump on these day one before they go OOP.

To be honest, I never really liked the Bendis volumes in omnibus format. I found the earlier OHCs (of which Vol. 1 was Smith/Quesada) much more appealing, even when they took more shelf space.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I have the Ramos cover of the 1st printing which a lot of people hate. I don't mind it and I'm much happier having it with the faux leather cover and thicker pages than the 2nd printing with the Romita cover but with thinner pages and cheaper cover.
    I might be biased (him being my paisano and all that) but I really really like the Ramos cover.
    Last edited by JJ87; 10-19-2016 at 08:54 AM.