Page 531 of 631 FirstFirst ... 31431481521527528529530531532533534535541581 ... LastLast
Results 7,951 to 7,965 of 9460
    Mighty Member

Hope everyone had an awesome Christmas and New Year's celebration. Here's some screencaps from the awesome 60s animated cartoons:Prince Namor the Sub-Mariner episode #8 - The World Within!, Atlantis Is Doomed, Quest for X-Atom

Namor entertains his subjects during the city celebrations with feats of strength at the Atlantis Coliseum:

My art main influences are Richard Corben, Frank Frazetta and John Buscema. For old school comic book heroes with an edge check out my patreon

Hey, Thor-El. Happy New Year to you! Glad to see you back.

I don't remember this cartoon and have never seen it! It looks like very good art! Was the show any good, such as plot and characters or was it too cheesy?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Hey, Thor-El. Happy New Year to you! Glad to see you back.

I don't remember this cartoon and have never seen it! It looks like very good art! Was the show any good, such as plot and characters or was it too cheesy?
    Phoenixx9 those 60's cartoons are a very hard to find treasure. They are almost 100% unadulterated Stan Lee goodness. Taken almost straight from the original comic panels with Alex Toth art direction. I don't know why Marvel hasn't come out with an official DVD collecting them all. Years ago they had a series of official VHS with only 2 or 3 chapters with a new Stan Lee intro but as far as DVDs all I've seen are foreign versions or bootlegs in comic conventions.

Just found a youtube link with acceptable quality for you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HZ4...99AB426849B30D
    Last edited by Thor-El; 01-13-2017 at 07:11 AM. Reason: typos
    My art main influences are Richard Corben, Frank Frazetta and John Buscema. For old school comic book heroes with an edge check out my patreon

I'd love to watch that cartoon on youtube some time!
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    I'd love to watch that cartoon on youtube some time!
    You can find some on YouTube but most of the times the video resolution is horrible.

Scratch that, I just made a YouTube search and found some good quality videos online. I've seen YouTube take them down, I have some links to older good quality uploads of the series that youtube has disabled.

Here's some links and they seem to have the entire 13 episodes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HZ4...99AB426849B30D
    Last edited by Thor-El; 01-13-2017 at 07:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    You can find some on YouTube but most of the times the video resolution is horrible.

Scratch that, I just made a YouTube search and found some good quality videos online. I've seen YouTube take them down, I have some links to older good quality uploads of the series that youtube has disabled.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUKS...99AB426849B30D
    Sweet! Thanks!
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    Sweet! Thanks!
    Your welcome! Here's a very well written cool article from only some days ago comparing the Sub-mariner importance as a pioneer character in the comic book world with that of Superman. Really great read for any Sub-mariner fan:

http://sequart.org/magazine/65474/th...%99s-superman/

Namor's back in limbo, with the demise of Squadron Supreme. At least Hyperion helped him rebuild Atlantis.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Namor's back in limbo, with the demise of Squadron Supreme. At least Hyperion helped him rebuild Atlantis.
    Was wondering what happened in SS #15 today. Care to provide the details?

Upcoming Reading:

Mighty Member

I read it and basically Robinson put every piece back in its place as nicely as possible. Atlantis is reconstructed even better than before it was destroyed as there was some damage from the Wakandan war that was fixed this time. Hyperion and Namor are best buddies, the Squadron disbands but no one is taken into custody by Shield. Either Robinson changed this issue to end the series or that is a misleading cover. The only "permanent" change seems to be made to the original Human Torch as now he is the Human Reactor instead of the Human Torch and his powers look more radioactive now, emission of heath but no visible flames, still flight and everything, this looks more like a cosmetic change as his powers should be very similar. If this helps to clear the character for the MCU use I welcome this change.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HZ4...99AB426849B30D
    The Namor cartoons on YouTube are awesome. It's such a treat to see the Subby art by Kirby and Colan (and others) from the old FF and Tales to Astonish comics.
    Last edited by Shalla Bal; 01-18-2017 at 02:53 PM.

I really need to check it out!

Are there guest characters, such as Inhumans, FF, etc?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shalla Bal View Post
    The Namor cartoons on YouTube are awesome. It's such a treat to see the Subby art by Kirby and Colan (and others) from the old FF and Tales to Astonish comics.
    Yes, I love those cartoons, have I said it before?
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I really need to check it out!

Are there guest characters, such as Inhumans, FF, etc?
    Only the X-Men I think. They replaced the X-Men for the Fantastic Four in the story because the Fantastic Four were licensed to Hannah Barbera I think, which wasn't the same studio. So even back then we were dealing with similar problems to the ones we have today with the MCU.

Hey, Thor-El.

I didn't know they did that same old mess up dance between the studio's as in today, but at least the XMen got cameos!

I wonder if Jean was shown doing anything power wise?

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Is Atlantis really just a large city?