Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Backed by one of DC's highest paied creators YJ is still only marginally performing better than TTs. While it might be written for the mainstream audience, the mainstream audience have no familiarity with that team. Reception seems rather lukewarm to their big return.
    ur def not wrong there. i am surprised that the draw has been average

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    When he left at the end of that run, he was supposed to be off to college. You do that at 18, not 16.
    Not really. Damian did that before he was 10. Tim is super smart so not at all strange that he gets to go earlier. Anyway Tim himself told us he was 16 in Tec months after Damian turned 13 and Damian is still 13.

Backed by one of DC's highest paied creators YJ is still only marginally performing better than TTs. While it might be written for the mainstream audience, the mainstream audience have no familiarity with that team. Reception seems rather lukewarm to their big return.
    Reception has been less than lukewarm when you consider that it's still in single digits and only marginally doing better than TT.

And like @DarkCrusader said it was a title highly anticipated by 4 large fandoms so even more disappointing it's not doing better.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    ur def not wrong there. i am surprised that the draw has been average
    Personally I feel the cast is too large and there's not enough focus on the core 4 and their dynamic which was the reason why I picked up the title in the 1st place.

Plus it feels like a step back in time and not in a good way.

Astonishing Member

The mainstream audience isn't familiar with the current TT team either(excluding Damian).

YJ's problem is that a lot of comic readers have problems with Bendis and overlook the book.That being said its the best thing he's written in years.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Personally I feel the cast is too large and there's not enough focus on the core 4 and their dynamic which was the reason why I picked up the title in the 1st place.

Plus it feels like a step back in time and not in a good way.
    I feel the opposite. A step back in time to earlier characterizations was exactly what the Core 4 needed. They got steadily derailed and character assassinated since the original YJ comic ended.

Johns TT may have given them some feats, but did nothing positive for their characters and everyone who wrote them after that continued their derailment.

Mighty Member

Sorry,BUT WHAT?

http://yetanothercomicsblog.blogspot...s-october.html

YJ 1 sold 73,000 copies
    YJ 2 sold 37,000 copies
    the sales dropped to YJ 9 with only 24,000 copies, but I think it will get over 30,000 again.

Wonder Woman for example is also most of the time around 30,000 copies.

YJ could DEFINETELY become DC Nr. 3 (behind Superman and Batman) in terms of Comic sales. (Depending on storylines etc.).

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    Sorry,BUT WHAT?

http://yetanothercomicsblog.blogspot...s-october.html

YJ 1 sold 73,000 copies
    YJ 2 sold 37,000 copies
    the sales dropped to YJ 9 with only 24,000 copies, but I think it will get over 30,000 again.

Wonder Woman for example is also most of the time around 30,000 copies.

YJ could DEFINETELY become DC Nr. 3 (behind Superman and Batman) in terms of Comic sales. (Depending on storylines etc.).

No nope YJ isn't anywhere near DC Nr 3. It doesn't compare to WW in sales at all.
    Those sales even include variants. WOw

Jeez even Batman Beyond is outperforming YJ according to those figures. WTF I wasn't aware the figures had gotten this low
    Last edited by CPSparkles; 11-27-2019 at 12:54 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    The mainstream audience isn't familiar with the current TT team either(excluding Damian).

YJ's problem is that a lot of comic readers have problems with Bendis and overlook the book.That being said its the best thing he's written in years.
    But Teen Titans is at the moment just the better book.

I mean in YJ the the were just jumping from universe to universe and Battle some Bad Guys on the way, and that's interrupted by flash backs. Sofar no really interesting plot or character development.

In Teen Titans there is just way more going on, you have more conflict between the characters, the stakes seem higher ...

Teen Titans is imo one of the best books DC puts out at the moment, and probably the best incarnation of the team we had in long time.
    Last edited by Aahz; 11-27-2019 at 02:12 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post

I mean in YJ the the were just jumping from universe to universe and Battle some Bad Guys on the way, and that's interrupted by flash backs. Sofar no really interesting plot or character development.

In Teen Titans there is just way more going on, you have more conflict between the characters, the stakes seem higher ...

Teen Titans is imo one of the best books DC puts out at the moment, and probably the best incarnation of the team we had in long time.
    I feel the exact opposite about the current TT.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post

I couldn't agree more with any of this. Yj has been boring. The possibility of Conner having a family as out of nowhere as it was was atleast a story that seemed intriguing. That lasted all of a few issues.

TT is exciting and the story is interesting.

Also like the new team. They feel like a breathe of fresh air to the old rinse repeat recycled members.

On YJ and 5G. They are older and have decided to stay on a different Earth.

Earth 3. They join up with Steph after defeating the bad versions of themselves.
    Last edited by Fergus; 11-27-2019 at 05:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    I couldn't agree more with any of this. Yj has been boring. The possibility of Conner having a family as out of nowhere as it was was atleast a story that seemed intriguing. That lasted all of a few issues.

TT is exciting and the story is interesting.

Also like the new team. They feel like a breathe of fresh air to the old rinse repeat recycled members
    YJ has a a weak roster and poor story. Kind of speaks volumes that a team of nobodies (minus Damian) is beating the YJ4 in sales.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Do we know for sure that 5G isnt just a line like MC2?
    Far as I know, nothing official has been confirmed by DC. All we have is that timeline they showed off during SDCC, which supposedly was an out-dated version, and a rumor that the main publishing line will switch over to 5G, with only Black Label miniseries telling stories about the classic versions.

*If* there's a line-wide time skip/legacy replacement, and that seems like such a stupid business decision I'm not at all convinced this is the case, but *IF* there is, then I figure Young Justice will get the cartoon treatment; at least some of the original team (Tim, Bart, Cass, Conner) will be sticking around as senior members and leaders and we'll have new faces join the roster. Teen Lantern will still be on the roster, and actually be a teen (she's only 11 right now).

My guess is the time skip, if there is one, will be about 5 years. That'll be enough to put the younger characters into the next phase of their lives without aging the older characters (including their supporting casts and spouses) out completely.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    YJ has a a weak roster and poor story. Kind of speaks volumes that a team of nobodies (minus Damian) is beating the YJ4 in sales.
    Its also beating it in trade sales if you look on Amazon you can see where a DC or Marvel graphic novel ranks in comparison to other graphic novels. For instance, Young Justice and Teen Titans are Superhero Graphic Novel and another category that just ranks DC graphic novels against each other.

So Teen Titans' overall rank in comparison to all Superhero graphic novels for the newest volume 2 is 691 and among all DC graphic novels, it ranks 208.

Young Justice Vol 1, on the other hand, ranks 16190 among all Superhero graphic novels and 3750 among all DC graphic novels.

I think it is kind of cool to look at numbers like this to remember that direct sales are not the only things that matter. For some more reference Unbeatable Squirrel Girl Vol 1 ranks 196 in Marvel Comics & Graphic Novels and 369 in Superhero Comics & Graphic Novels. Meaning Young Justice is doing worse than I thought it not even selling well in trade. Some books like Squirrel Girl, Ms. Marvel, or Teen Titans I expected these results. They don't do well in the direct market but do really well in trade sales I thought Young Justice would follow a similar trend but it is just not selling.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    The name Teen Titans has 40+ years of being around. It will beat Young Justice. Based on name ALONE.

A LOT of folks view Bendis as a DEAL BREAKER. It's not a shock to me.

Also you have a company that has SOURED a lot of fans based on antics done to Tim, Bart & others (Wally West). You have to win those folks back and that will never be easy.

Who has the better variants? Dollar sale saw me go after Teen Titans (20-33) more than Young Justice (1-6).

Folks want Aqualad, Ms Martian & Static on the team not yet ANOTHER teen Green Lantern or Hellblazer's kinfolk. Of course those 3 are not available. In fact most who could match the tv show are not available.

And in terms of bins-Teen Titans is there and finding READERS. Young Justice is not.

And finally is BOTH cases-when left alone writers can do their jobs. Titans is benefiting more than YJ for now.

Johns TT may have given them some feats, but did nothing positive for their characters and everyone who wrote them after that continued their derailment.
    We don't discuss post John TT-still trying to figure out how a writer can get Static's name wrong TWICE and dump 2 members in the middle of a story.

I thought Young Justice would follow a similar trend but it is just not selling.
    Seeing that it just came out last month-I would say check back on those numbers. For public libraries and schools-it takes longer for us to get those trades. Depending on demand.

Batman & The Signal was on library within weeks of it's August release and had a waiting list for a month.
    While Supergirl, Cyborg and Raven's took awhile.